Car Shopping tomorrow. 1st vehicle.

Pontiac G8?
Why the hell would you do that?

Buy Japanese, it makes sense with your budget.

Like others said, take your time. Also, stay in your budget.

Don't buy Euro, you are stretching your budget.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

DO NOT BUY THE FIRST THING YOU SEE

Made this mistake
30t6p3b.gif

so did i

Originally Posted by Retro707

04-07 WRX/Sti
AWD, reliable, good power and low maint.  

-UNDFT-

I say this OP, I have been looking into these and it is definitely going to be my next car.
pimp.gif

(18 driving a VW Passat @ the moment)<--- Do not get that.

Originally Posted by Retro707

04-07 WRX/Sti
AWD, reliable, good power and low maint.  

-UNDFT-
If your concerned about ride quality OP, don't get a WRX/STi. Definitely too stiff. I dunno about the base Imprezza, though.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

krazyl3gz wrote:
Didn't see you were only downing 3k. I don't know about anyone else but I'm finishing up my last year of my 5 years financing and doing car payments gets real old after the first year. I'm not struggling by no means (almost at 50k a year, nothing to write home about but it's not minimum wage)

You should watch this:

http://www.daveramsey.com...g/drive-free/player.html
I'm on the road back home to get the car. Extremely slow unstable internet connection. Can you summarize this vid?

Average car payment is $400/mo. If you buy a cheap, invest the "payment" and gradually move up, that payment will net you $5MM over your lifetime.

If you really "need" a car for college and they don't have an extra one to loan you, get a cheap $5-6K car. You're not going to win too many style points, but it'll get the job done. Besides, most of your friends are likely broke in college too and don't care what you drive as long as you can give them a ride and go out every once in a while.

If you want reliability & economy then a civic or focus should get the job done just fine and you can get either one for around $5-6K. If you're paying in cash, you will likely be able to get an even better deal too.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

krazyl3gz wrote:
Didn't see you were only downing 3k. I don't know about anyone else but I'm finishing up my last year of my 5 years financing and doing car payments gets real old after the first year. I'm not struggling by no means (almost at 50k a year, nothing to write home about but it's not minimum wage)

You should watch this:

I'm on the road back home to get the car. Extremely slow unstable internet connection. Can you summarize this vid?

Average car payment is $400/mo. If you buy a cheap, invest the "payment" and gradually move up, that payment will net you $5MM over your lifetime.

If you really "need" a car for college and they don't have an extra one to loan you, get a cheap $5-6K car. You're not going to win too many style points, but it'll get the job done. Besides, most of your friends are likely broke in college too and don't care what you drive as long as you can give them a ride and go out every once in a while.

If you want reliability & economy then a civic or focus should get the job done just fine and you can get either one for around $5-6K. If you're paying in cash, you will likely be able to get an even better deal too.

I might have to follow this
Originally Posted by sickickz23

post pics when u cop your whip OP
Will do

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Are your parents just trying to get the car really fast or something? Cause if you are able to do some research and find a 
possible private seller, you could get that exact car you want for 5-6K cash and able to save/pocket the rest, so you won't have
to waste so much money. With the way you're doing it now, with 3K down, that 14K could still turn to upwards of 18K.
I've been researching and I can't still can't decide. And alot of yall are right 5-6 k might be best 

Originally Posted by Skateboard

get a nice 5 series bmw. Relatively low maintenance, comes in automatic, 4 door and a good size. buy locally from an owner if you can

pimp.gif
   100%

2000-2005 Volkswagen GTI / GOLF

4 doors

auto

speedy / handle / great on gas

from 3,500 - 6.000 K depending on year and miles

Your Welcome

Originally Posted by crcballer55

If you have $14K, how come you're only putting down $3K?

1) Buy something used (3-4 yrs. old)
2) pay all cash
3) private seller (more negotiating room)

If you stick to these rules you should be ok.
I'd go with a Japanese car most likely Honda or Acura maybe, possibly a german car VW. I think it's better to get a used car which is considered good, then a new one, which isn't all that great. Thats why I wouldn't consider a spark.

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

You should watch this:

Thanks for this

Originally Posted by ricky409

da hemi...

bmw...

that's all the help you're going to get...

be prepared for everyone to say every car sucks...

I think I contributes to everyone giving smart answers...You're welcome, famb... Oh... and a 5-6k whip sounds smart. I've tried my dambedest to stay away from long term notes... especially in college.

Back
Top Bottom