Car Window Tinting Question Vol. i got a new car

reazson

Banned
I purchased a brand new black 07 lucerne last month...the first thing I want to do is get window tinting. I would love to black out the whole thing at like20%, but thats just asking for a ticket because Ohio's laws only allow 50% on the front drivers seide and front passenger side windows.

So my question is, what percentage is right for it to blend nicely? I'm pretty sure I can get away with 35% in the front...but I dont know what would lookright..can you post up pics of your car and tell me the tint percentage you got?
is there a website that generates what the car would look like with tints?

heres a stock pic of the lucerne..

lg_Buick_Lucerne_black-side.jpg

i just got my whole windshield tinted today 50 percent, u minus well get nutin or go illegal because 50 on a windshield u can barely tell

i was thinkin...

15% for the small back windows
20% for the next set of windows
35% for the front windows

anybody have the same?

get 35% all around...i have it and it looks pretty nice...not to dark but not to light either...

Originally Posted by reazson

i was thinkin...

15% for the small back windows
20% for the next set of windows
35% for the front windows

anybody have the same?

no no no..diff percent tints on the windows look horrible..goin a certain percent all around

Originally Posted by e22s

get 35% all around...i have it and it looks pretty nice...not to dark but not to light either...

do you have a pic by any chance?

question: if you get a fix-it ticket for tints, how do you remove the tint and how do you put them back on after you show the cops? will removing them andputting them back cost money or damage anything?

Originally Posted by SchruteFarms

question: if you get a fix-it ticket for tints, how do you remove the tint and how do you put them back on after you show the cops? will removing them and putting them back cost money or damage anything?

some cops will actually put out a razor and make you scrape it off on the spot, others will just fine you and order you to have it removed, removing andputting back will definitely cost money, if you want to be safe just roll the front windows down if you see a cop......

well my car has 35 front 20 back. after 3 months of driving around NYC haven't gotten pulled over once. add to that i have an aftermarket exhaust so itshould still catch the cops attention. i've passed by cops numerous times (some close calls) but they have not pulled me over yet. and 70% is legal in NYC.i like my tints, except i wish i'd have gone with 20 all around. 35 really doesnt' do crap IMO. u could almost see right through. 20 might be a littledark tho. so if you want to be safe go w/ 35/20. but if u care about looks more esp. on a blk car i'd go w/ 20 all around.

keep in mind too if you have a light car tints are more noticeable but on a dark colored car less noticeable.

I think you should keep the percentage the same. I've had 3 different tints on 3 of my cars. The first one was 5% tint all over. The next one had 35% frontand 5% rear. The current car has 35% all over. I like my current tint the best. I thought 5% was cool back when I was younger since you basically can't seein the car at all. But it was a pain driving at night especially when there are no street lights around.

Getting pulled over depends on your luck I think. I live in a state where the law says you can't tint the front windows at all. i haven't been pulledover yet.

i have a white car with no tint i have thought about it but decided against it

any one have pics or experiences with tint on white cars?

I had a white car with 5% all around. Now I currently have another white car with 35% all around. I like it. But I'm having a thought of going with 50%with the theme on the car I'm aiming for now.

^ I thought about going from 35% to 50% also. I'm getting the 35 taken off sometime next week, I may retint it eventually but probably not. I loved 20%on my black car and hate 35% on my silver car, tint looks better on darker cars rather than lighter.

Maryland is 35%.. but all my friends including myself have 20% all-around ... I have a silver Mustang - tint def. completes the look, especially at night time.

I dont think cops care unless your tryna style with limo tint.

Call me crazy, but I actually like black cars with no tint at all. A couple of years back, I loved dark tint because I thought it was cool to be driving andnot having the folks around you see what you're doing in the car. But now I like a more conservative tint, if any. I also thought of going that route. Ithink the stock windows are 80%? So I'm not sure how much more satisfied i'd be with 50%. I just want a more cleaner look.

I also need some advice because I'm tryna get my windows tinted also but I dont know how I'ma go about it yet. I have a grey 2002 Nissan Maxima

1. Should I just tint tha front, backseat and rear windows and leave tha windshield how it is? or should I get tha tints all around?

and

2. What percentage tints do ya'll think I should get? I was thinkin maybe 30 or 35%, but I'm not sure tho. I live in Long Island, New York BTW

Funny, I'm going through the same thing. I even went as far as taking my 18" wheels off and buying the turbine style 16" wheels from a 01 750il. I don't really know why, but I want it back to stock.

Tint is all preference. You have to see it in person. In the day time, you won't have much trouble seeing, it's at night with no or minimal light thatwill be the issue. I never had my windshield tinted because I think that's just too much unless it's for a show car.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

I also need some advice because I'm tryna get my windows tinted also but I dont know how I'ma go about it yet. I have a grey 2002 Nissan Maxima

1. Should I just tint tha front, backseat and rear windows and leave tha windshield how it is? or should I get tha tints all around?

and

2. What percentage tints do ya'll think I should get? I was thinkin maybe 30 or 35%, but I'm not sure tho. I live in Long Island, New York BTW

30 or 35 is pretty good, I have 13% all around wouldn't mind it being darker
laugh.gif
, btw don't tint the windshield

i was thinking about getting my windows tinted after the new year. whats better getting the same percent all around or a different percent for all the windows

did the 'window tinting place' have a generator or something to show what your car will look like?

Back
Top Bottom