Carmelo Anthony named one of nation's most influential Hispanics

It's interesting how if any biracial person in American has a African American father they are instantly labeled/viewed as being primarily AfricanAmerican/Black(one drop rule) but the same does not hold true in Melo's case(Puerto Rican Father & African American mother) as many still only see himas being black
eyes.gif
. Good for Melo, he may do something idiotic things attimes, but he always gives back to help people in the inner cities.

Originally Posted by chinoman1782

isn't Lala rican also? I thought she had some latin roots for some reason.

I know she did some "Latinofest" concert or some #%#+ like that last summerr

laugh.gif
I've never seen him as Hispanic but I guess he is one of us now.
tongue.gif

This reminds me of Dave Chappelle's racial draft.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Doesn't even speak Spanish
There are a ton of people of Hispanic Heritage that don't speak Spanish. For one, many immigrants thought it would be a bad thing to teachtheir children Spanish, since they feared it would hold them back socially and academically. It is rare when it is a first generation Latino, but it is fairlycommon for 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Carmelo probably doesn't know Spanish well, since his father died when he was an infant.

That being said, I am surprised as hell,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vctry20

Originally Posted by chinoman1782

isn't Lala rican also? I thought she had some latin roots for some reason.

I know she did some "Latinofest" concert or some #%#+ like that last summerr
ella es. se llama alani vasquez.

as for this melo thing, congrats to him, he's tried to rework his image following the fight, and eventually, he'll move up the list like he wants to

it may be easy to identify him as black, but carmelo was his dad's name as well

But still... The most influential Puerto Rican? What the..... Even Jennifer Lopez is more influential than he is and she has been out of the spotlight foryears!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Lala is PR. Her name is Alani Vazquez.

laugh.gif
I didn't know about Melo bein' Hispanic. I thought the tat on his hand, was out of love for his chick.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
Lala is PR. Her name is Alani Vazquez.

laugh.gif
I didn't know about Melo bein' Hispanic. I thought the tat on his hand, was out of love for his chick.
you telling me if you were in love with a dominican chick, you're gonna have the D.R flag on your arm? get the hell outta here
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no offense to the dominicans (it's an inside joke)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
If she givin' up some serious booty to me, hell, I'd get Juan Marichal tattooed on my back.
laugh.gif

Vasquez*

Back
Top Bottom