Carrying Cash or debit card?

Unless you're going somewhere that is cash only, why carry cash? If u lose it, it's gone forever. At least a debit card you can easily replace

I said this in a thread before about cash, but I'll say it again.

Relying on anything that is tech based can fail you at some point.

I know people who were trapped in NO during Katrina and got out because they had cash.

When disaster strikes, the odds of you being able to swipe are slim to none. You usually can't even make a mobile phone call.

I always keep cash on me.

You sound like my dad... Real talk :lol:

He keeps cash on him at all times.

I get the mentality, but I like to travel light. I can't have $500 cash on me.

But my pops doe :nerd:.... Thats another story..

Ima get a bunch o those gold dollar coins and put em in a pouch. Like 50. Spend money like zelda.

I'm trynna be like this.
I don't have the best credit, w/interest rates I get offered and my clear lack if discipline credit cards are out of the question...and honestly never liked the idea.

Debit is necessary, but cash is preferred.

Usually card but have started to carry cash so the Gov can't track where I am regarding my card.. Not joking..
I see it as pointless because they still have my phone, but somehow it still makes me feel better..

I only purchase with a cc. I hate coins! I buy something for $0.99 and it's $1.09 with tax. I just hate walking around carrying change in pockets.

I am not dumb though to not have any cash around. There are times when you need cash there and then and not have to count on going to the bank. I have $ in the car, around the house, and about $200 in wallet. I also have a safe deposit box in the bank with cash.

Last edited:
Why yall carry such lil cash? I try to have more than a hundo at all times because if u pay for gas u can save by paying cash

If a man isn't carrying cash because he's in fear of getting robbed, he already been robbed. Robbed of his dignity and manhood.

No man should be scared to carry cash on em in fear of getting robbed. ****** steal credit cards too

Someone ban this fool.

Nope. Even a broken clock is right twice a day he's spot on with this one.

There are a lot of reasons not to carry cash, but if you being scared that it's going to be physically removed from your persons is one of them, then that's some sucker **** and you didn't give out enough wedgies as a kid.

Since I'm broke atm I only carry cash. When I had a little money I was using a combination of both my debit and cash. I will start carrying more cash on me in the future though, never know.

I also like the debit card; as a black man I need receipts with times and dates backed up by a stores computer...but as a black man I can't have the boys know where I am at all...it's a catch twenty two...

I keep about fitty on me. Easier to pay for group dinners and all that. I try and roll with 10s or 5s.

I really don't like walking around with cash. I only keep hundred on me for certain situations. Other than that, it's card only.

Its funny because most cash saving tips say to walk with cash and leave the card home . giving physical money is psychologically harder than using card....

Anyway I walk with 30-70 in cash.

Just a few weeks ago I was carrying a lot of cash(like 800ish) cause I was going to make a purchase later in the day and accidentally dropped my wallet in a convenience store. Literally had exited the store until the guy at the register and the guy next in line got in a random argument, so I looked back and I noticed my wallet on the floor back there.

After I dodged that L, I'm more careful about how much I carry with me.

Debit Card, too bad there's not much Bank of america ATMs around the city compared to Chase 
frown.gif

i always carry cash, like around $200. i usually use my card only on things $20 and up.

some things i dont want a record of and i like to keep my bank account summary nice and clean.

Always carry at least 102 dollars in cash in my card holder. 100 dollar bill and 2 dollar bill for emergencies. NYC you have to carry cash, I mean you don't have to, but it's more convenient. A lot of little deli's, newsstand, food carts, restaurants don't take credit and if they do it's a minimum. If I wanna get a bottle of water I don't wanna spend 5 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom