Catering to resellers?

Why is JB and Nike catering to resellers with all these limited releases back to back?

Feb. 11th

BHM 

Dave White I

Feb. 18th

White/Cement IV

Feb. 24th

ASG 

Galaxy

Highly doubt the cements are "limited" and it might seem like there catering to the resellers but it's almost a game of seeing who wants to jump through the most hoops. In this day it has become the resellers and hypebeasts.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Highly doubt the cements are "limited" and it might seem like there catering to the resellers but it's almost a game of seeing who wants to jump through the most hoops. In this day it has become the resellers and hypebeasts.
I don't think the W/C IV will be limited either but it is a lot of peoples "grails" and people will be doubling up.

They're not catering to resellers. They're taking advantage of refund checks and tax money. People are creating the hype for these, not JB/Nike.

Originally Posted by raptors29

They're not catering to resellers. They're taking advantage of refund checks and tax money. People are creating the hype for these, not JB/Nike.
If all the releases I posted were general releases then it wouldn't be as bad but all those limited releases back to back in the same month, you know resellers mouths are watering right now.

They are not limited just the word limited is added to add appeal. I love the back to back of great releases its just that resellers will crowd the store to make a quick buck. I hate those people

The limited releases back to back definitely (in my opinion) cater to resellers because people want to flip these for a $100+ profit.

However, because there a few people who want them just because EVERYONE is gonna want them and they feed into the hype.

I also believe JB is dropping so much this time because of tax time too, because if you look at March, you really have nothing worth buying.

Unless you like the Stealth 10's.

But, people believe there will be a few QS releases (AJ XIV - white/varsity red-black, and the Knicks 4's) but even if that's true, March is gonna be pretty "cold" for JB.

Honestly, I would buy the 14's, I like them, but wouldn't get anything else.

JB is dropping all these 'limited' releases now, to make up for a slow March.

I don't see how JB thinks that by dropping these many sneakers in one month, all limited, is NOT helping resellers.

BACK TO BACK RELEASES DOES NOT CATER TO RE-SELLERS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL THEN HAVE TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT THEY BUY (UNLESS THEY ARE BALLING LIKE THAT) INSTEAD OF HAVING THE TIME TO RE-COUP AFTER A COP AND GET THE NEXT.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

if anything silly posts like this will make more people resell
indifferent.gif

catering or bi-product of a highly sought after shoe.......or should JB risk taking a loss by creating excess supply?

I'm amused how many people complain about resellers. It's quiet pathetic and annoying.  People will resell ANYTHING if there is any chance of some kind of profit, it's called capitalism and we live in the United States so don't expect this to change. Resellers make up a fraction of the overall population that purchase and really are a mute point that I get tired of people always chiming in with claiming resellers will have a field day.  Where is the value in that statement during a shoe discussion? 

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

I'm amused how many people complain about resellers. It's quiet pathetic and annoying.  People will resell ANYTHING if there is any chance of some kind of profit, it's called capitalism and we live in the United States so don't expect this to change. Resellers make up a fraction of the overall population that purchase and really are a mute point that I get tired of people always chiming in with claiming resellers will have a field day.  Where is the value in that statement during a shoe discussion? 

So true. It's a part of life. Everything is resold. Factory's sell them to places like finishline who resell them. Cars are resold, houses are, ect. Everything is resold you just can't stop it. Don't let it hurt your feelings.

Best thing to do is don't buy from resellers , simple.I missed out on space jam 11's, life goes on, I refuse to pay reseller prices, knowing they will be retro'ed again
wink.gif

I don't think they are catering to resellers. If you have the money to buy the shoes, that's all nike/jb cares about. They could careless what you do with it afterwards. Anyone know how much it actually costs nike to make 1 pair of sneakers and how much money they make?

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

spoken like a true Reseller.. Lol

The only thing that kills me is when people try and resell these sneakers a RIDICULOUS prices.

But does it matter? No.

Because there will always be someone out there who HAS TO HAVE the sneaker, and will pay anything.

Like the guy who paid like $2,000 for the Concords.

30t6p3b.gif

I like the shoes, i wear em. it sucks that resellers go in like that but get it how u live i guess. im not gonna hate

Back
Top Bottom