CDP XI and BrED XI

CDP XI
sick.gif
is poorly made and the '01 Bred XI isn't
pimp.gif

the cdp xi's have a totallt different shape and the new spacejams are looking a little shabby as well.

Originally Posted by DeMJ23Kobe24Nise

Space jams will probably be the same, and if they are I'm not gonna waste my time on black Friday trying to get a pair. I got better places to go smh

idk bout this...from the pics atleast, the patent leather looks true, and idk, its the spacejams, i dont think they would mess em up...plus the clearsole....

Originally Posted by airgayosa23

I have the cdp xi's the look is ok it's just made crappy! Also I wonder if the space jams will be a good shoe this year, or will it be like the cdp xi?!
I don't know!!!!???!!

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

One difference between the '01 BRED XI and CDP BRED XI is the size issue. The 01's run true to size and the CDP are about a half inch smaller. I had to get an 11.5 CDP and flip the 12's because they were too big for some size 11's.
smh.gif
@ JB.

TRUE^^^
My cdp 11s fit smaller then eexpected. taxi 12s fit good but 11s need 2 remove insole

Originally Posted by Af1 Jordan collecterz

01's Are super comfy and cdp's suck and hurt my feet
smh.gif

Sorry to dig this one out of the grave but thought I might get a response here as opposed to starting a new thread...We're all now about 16 years removed from Black/Red OG XIs and 10 years removed from the first retros in '01 (stating the obvious, right). That said though, I'll be buying my first pair very soon and have both the OGs and the '01s on the table as options and don't know which way to go. I can say this:I will be wearing them. Carefully.The pair I would buy whether OGs or 1st ed. Retros would be of the same caliber/look (IE: if worn, only worn lightly, showing little signs of use, etc.)That said, I've never even put my foot in an XI, so the other concern besides quality is fit. In the late 90's my foot stopped growing but back then, it inched out of 11.5's into 12's. Now Nike's B-ball shoes tend to fit me pretty well in an 11.5 without issues, particularly the VIII retros of which I have 4 pair.Is a OG in an 11.5 gonna pinch my big toe whereas an '01 in 11.5 might not or are they the same?Biggest question besides that is which is better in quality/fit/longevity of use? Is there much difference? I mean, I ain't comin anywhere near a CDP so besides the color of the CF on the '01 being darker, is there much difference between OGs & '01's?If anyone catches this, it'd be great to get a response!

I guess no one checked the OP date on this?

Prob should have started a new thread, old thread bumper. You're gonna get more talk on how bad the CDP's were than a discussion on OG/retro.

Originally Posted by PTone

Prob should have started a new thread, old thread bumper. You're gonna get more talk on how bad the CDP's were than a discussion on OG/retro.

Uhh...yeah, I hear ya now! I come from the thinking of other forums where the admins get pissed if folks don't search threads for already answered issuese before posting something new but that's not quite the case hear. The CDP bashin is already poppin up and much like XV's everyone knows about that already and we all agree they're No Bueno.I'll start a new thread & see what I get... gotta snag a pair of these sometime this week I think, so I'll seek the advice of wise NT counsel and then make an informed decision.

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Originally Posted by PTone

Uhh...yeah, I hear ya now! I come from the thinking of other forums where the admins get pissed if folks don't search threads for already answered issuese before posting something new but that's not quite the case hear. The CDP bashin is already poppin up and much like XV's everyone knows about that already and we all agree they're No Bueno.I'll start a new thread & see what I get... gotta snag a pair of these sometime this week I think, so I'll seek the advice of wise NT counsel and then make an informed decision.
I have both the OG and Retros and the OG's are even better.  Most people compare the CDP and 01's but if you compare the 01s to the OG's you will see that there is even a difference there.  IMO OG>Retro>CDP.  Wearability wise, XI's are pretty good with lasting through the years.  Theres nothing that can really crack/crumble on them (the midsole could but that is very very rare).  Only thing you would have to worry about is sole separation but that is an EASY fix.  I've worn my OG concords and Black/Reds numerous times and both are fine

The CDP look like fakes compared to the 2001 version. Patent leather is cut thin, they dont fit true to size, and the JM logo faces the wrong direction. CDP are very weak

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I think people should get banned for saying "bred"

i think i agree with you 100% on that
Why is it an issue? People have been saying bred for +10 years and dudes are still crying. It's a simple abbreviation. You'll find thousands of such abbreviations in the English language. In essence it's a %%+++#* acronym.

Seriously, the absolute dumbest %%#! one could possibly %+#*$ over.  I'm not mad, just confused how a grown ma could possibly take issue with this.