~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

unnamed.jpg

Do you guys knows if the rappers from the 80s/90s that are still around still make/produce music?

Always curious to what the OG guys are doing today and their thoughts of the current music landscape.

Do you guys knows if the rappers from the 80s/90s that are still around still make/produce music?

Always curious to what the OG guys are doing today and their thoughts of the current music landscape.

This is a broad question, Jay Z, Nas, etc... making music. Were you asking about anyone in particular?

Its super broad lol which is why the answer varies. As said above some still make music, some run labels, take positions within them, invest, others are producing and probably writing for others, and some IDK etc. I've seen heard so many stories just out of random googling old artists after they randomly pop up on my Pandora shuffle.

Its super broad lol which is why the answer varies. As said above some still make music, some run labels, take positions within them, invest, others are producing and probably writing for others, and some IDK etc. I've seen heard so many stories just out of random googling old artists after they randomly pop up on my Pandora shuffle.
Yeah, I know it's super broad lol. Just curious if the OGs from New York are still active in the music industry in someway.

Yeah, I know it's super broad lol. Just curious if the OGs from New York are still active in the music industry in someway.

I honestly dont know but I think it depends on the artist and sometimes the era too. A lot of earlier legends didnt get paid anywhere near what artists make now so some of them live regular lives. The key is to keep reinventing themselves to be marketable in some way either for the camera related stuff or for anything else.. LL done turned into an actor/host god knows what else, Pete Rock is still putting out work as of last year I think, Big Daddy Kaine dropped something in like 2014 etc.

I dont know these by heart by the way lol .. I just do music myself when I can and so I have a passion that drives me to randomly look up biographies when they pop up on my music channels.

Back
Top Bottom