Originally Posted by THEFRESHESTWHITEBOY301

laugh.gif
at bibby in the first picture carrying his a** off lol
smh.gif
no handle
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats not carrying bra

When you dribble the ball over your shoulder, thats a carry.

Atleast thats what everyone in the parks/where I play at call it.

What is it then?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by chris nosnah

Originally Posted by THEFRESHESTWHITEBOY301

laugh.gif
at bibby in the first picture carrying his a** off lol
smh.gif
no handle
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats not carrying bra

When you dribble the ball over your shoulder, thats a carry.

Atleast thats what everyone in the parks/where I play at call it.

What is it then?

when your hand is under the ball

^Exactly.

Bibby's hand is still on top of the ball while he's dribbling, so it's not a carry.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Those XIII's are droppin sometime this year.

The Wht/Red/Blks or the Blk/Red?

And are you serious? Finally, a chance to cop my first pair of XIII's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Gordonson

The Wht/Red/Blks or the Blk/Red?

And are you serious? Finally, a chance to cop my first pair of XIII's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember hearing about playoff somethins releasing this year

Probably the XII's though

Thats not what I meant.
laugh.gif

I mean whats it called when you dribble the ball over your shoulder.

Everywhere ive ever played ball they call it a carry.

Bibby has always been wearing the low cut Js. In this case, they may be these:

53f35480e6617e5544aafb3caa792e456e885d1.pjpg

Or are you saying these will be released:
cf8159e87540f0a5119bbac00e124a77368382c.pjpg

I really hope those white and red XIIIs (mid cut) release this year that is probably one of my all time favorite colorways of the XIII

Thats not what I meant.
laugh.gif

This is correct. If the ball goes above your shoulder, it's a carry. However, in that pic, it's not blatant, so it wouldn't becalled.

Doc Martins aint went nowhere, I still have Docs that I bought big from like 9th grade. They look better with age.

Originally Posted by hassan16

I bet the same way you guys are laughing off the thought of the new trend being kilts you guys laughed off skinny jeans.

& You might say "well when skinny jeans started being worn by the masses a number of people already had been wearing them..." i.e. rock and metal fans

Well Scottish people have been wearing kilts for ages so you never know. Kilts could be in by next year. Man it's a crazy world huh?

If I see any straight claiming dude to be rocking skirts, I am honestly socking them on sight. That's my word.

waits for random nt'er to ask why I am worried about another females dress

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by hassan16

I bet the same way you guys are laughing off the thought of the new trend being kilts you guys laughed off skinny jeans.

& You might say "well when skinny jeans started being worn by the masses a number of people already had been wearing them..." i.e. rock and metal fans

Well Scottish people have been wearing kilts for ages so you never know. Kilts could be in by next year. Man it's a crazy world huh?

If I see any straight claiming dude to be rocking skirts, I am honestly socking them on sight. That's my word.

waits for random nt'er to ask why I am worried about another females dress
oh really
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NickEPockets

Thats not what I meant.
laugh.gif

This is correct. If the ball goes above your shoulder, it's a carry. However, in that pic, it's not blatant, so it wouldn't be called.

Violations

The following violations result in a change of possession:

24-Second Violation - NBA teams must attempt a shot within 24 seconds.

Three in the Key - An offensive or defensive player cannot remain in the lane (key) for more than three seconds at a time.

Double Dribble - A violation in which a player dribbles the ball, stops, then begins to dribble again.

Charging - A violation in which an offensive player runs into a stationary opponent.

Travelling - A violation in which a player takes too many steps without dribbling the basketball.

Eight-Second Violation - After a basket, the offensive team has eight seconds to get the ball over midcourt.

Palming - A violation in which a player moves his hand under the ball and scoops it while dribbling.

Goaltending - When a defensive player interferes illegally with a shot on the rim or on a downward path to the hoop; the shot is assumed inand the offensive team receives the basket.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by NickEPockets

Thats not what I meant.
laugh.gif

This is correct. If the ball goes above your shoulder, it's a carry. However, in that pic, it's not blatant, so it wouldn't be called.

Violations

The following violations result in a change of possession:

24-Second Violation - NBA teams must attempt a shot within 24 seconds.

Three in the Key - An offensive or defensive player cannot remain in the lane (key) for more than three seconds at a time.

Double Dribble - A violation in which a player dribbles the ball, stops, then begins to dribble again.

Charging - A violation in which an offensive player runs into a stationary opponent.

Travelling - A violation in which a player takes too many steps without dribbling the basketball.

Eight-Second Violation - After a basket, the offensive team has eight seconds to get the ball over midcourt.

Palming - A violation in which a player moves his hand under the ball and scoops it while dribbling.

Goaltending - When a defensive player interferes illegally with a shot on the rim or on a downward path to the hoop; the shot is assumed in and the offensive team receives the basket.
I think I may be able to clear this up. Palming and carrying are basically the same thing and have been correctly represented by a few NTersalready.

What 10 Piece and NickEPockets are describing seems to be more of a double dribble situation. When you put down a hard dribble and it touches your hand afterit hits the ground but keeps elevating, you may not touch the ball again until it hits the ground once more. If you do so, that is a double dribble and not acarry/palm (although you could do both if you catch it palm up before immediately putting it back down to the ground). If you were to let it hit the groundbefore you dribble again, its just a "regular" (albeit unorthodox) single dribble.

It is, in fact, very possible, to maintain a proper (legal) dribble, while dribbling above your shoulder, seeing that our hands can still stay above the ball.

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

New and Improved eh
grin.gif
i love dudes that come in here just to complain...why complain, it is what it is. if you don't like it, don't come in here.
smh.gif

EDIT: i forgot,
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom