Cellphones off Amazon...yay or nah???

they are cheap, i can get a Voyager or Glyde for $150, i'm looking to switch to Verizon

is it a good idea or is there some kind of catch i'm missing??? anyone ever get a phone and plan through Amazon?

I remember when the Pearl came out a few years ago and every place I went to wanted $200+ and I got it off Amazon for $25. It was $50 up front and got a $25rebate. Not catch, just the usual 2 year contract.

^ good looking out, I think i'll pull the trigger, AT&T has crappy phones and bad customer service so i'm ready to switch

verizon is
eyes.gif
though...i advise against it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Switch to T-Mobile instead.

how are their plans? Verizon seems to be the cheapest and I like their phones alot better, if you dont want an I-phone At&t is useless and they killyou with their smart phone rates

damn, I almost don't wanna post in here since I got the N75 for AT&T from amazon...I'm happy with AT&T.

Around here verizon is the only one that has better service(but I'm getting more and more service in places I didn't before)and I like AT&T phonesbetter than verizon.

ANYWAY, amazon is the truth for phones, just HAVE to do a 2 year contract to get the deal. I think you can't break the contract within 6 months or 181 daysunless you do the 30 day return, but that's it.

Quick shipping too, the only thing is I think my service started when they placed the order and not when I got the phone and started using it, it's been ayear and I can't remember.

Yeah just do it.

I remember when the Nextel I860 came out and I copped a phone off the site for free after rebates and everything.

But Nextel got messed up when Spring merged with them

I have Verizon already (enV), say I buy the Glyde, can I just activate it after buying it for 150 off amazon by disconnecting my old verizon phone?

Originally Posted by areyouin729

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

how are their plans? Verizon seems to be the cheapest and I like their phones alot better, if you dont want an I-phone At&t is useless and they kill
you with their smart phone rates

T-Mobile has the cheapest plans period out of all four companies.
You get MyFaves 1000 for $60 a month or 1500 for $70 a month with unlimited nights and weekends. Unlimited texting for $15 a month.
T-Mobile got the BEST customer service, also. They care and want their customers to be happy.
People may complain T-Mobile doesn't have the best selection of phones, but trust me, I got the release dates and I KNOW that's going to change (IE:Nokia N-Series coming in November). T-Mobile just recently got the new Pearl (8120). It's got GPS and WiFi. Cingular usually gets their phones beforeT-Mobile, but T-Mobile gets BETTER versions later (IE: Blackberry 8820) and they're also going to get the Bold two months after Cingular, as well.(September)
Also, whether or not you want to buy the phone online is up to you, but T-Mobile dealers usually have promotional sales practically EVERY weekend... I rememberwhen I first joined T-Mobile, I bought my Sidekick LX for $300 with a $500 rebate AND two airline tickets... I was
eek.gif
!
People also complain T-Mobile doesn't get the best service in your area, but those people don't know this: T-Mobile is EXPANDING their service.Starting with the release of 3G and a T-Mobile in Canada in 2009, T-Mobile is taking over. FYI: There is a T-Mobile in other countries around the world, too.(UK)

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by areyouin729

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

how are their plans? Verizon seems to be the cheapest and I like their phones alot better, if you dont want an I-phone At&t is useless and they kill

You get MyFaves 1000 for $60 a month or 1500 for $70 a month with unlimited nights and weekends. Unlimited texting for $15 a month.
T-Mobile got the BEST customer service, also. They care and want their customers to be happy.
People may complain T-Mobile doesn't have the best selection of phones, but trust me, I got the release dates and I KNOW that's going to change (IE: Nokia N-Series coming in November). T-Mobile just recently got the new Pearl (8120). It's got GPS and WiFi. Cingular usually gets their phones before T-Mobile, but T-Mobile gets BETTER versions later (IE: Blackberry 8820) and they're also going to get the Bold two months after Cingular, as well. (September)
Also, whether or not you want to buy the phone online is up to you, but T-Mobile dealers usually have promotional sales practically EVERY weekend... I remember when I first joined T-Mobile, I bought my Sidekick LX for $300 with a $500 rebate AND two airline tickets... I was
eek.gif
!
People also complain T-Mobile doesn't get the best service in your area, but those people don't know this: T-Mobile is EXPANDING their service. Starting with the release of 3G and a T-Mobile in Canada in 2009, T-Mobile is taking over. FYI: There is a T-Mobile in other countries around the world, too. (UK)

do they have any specials on text messaging? i remember last year they had 9.99 unlimited.

no specials on texting recently
right now there is a promotion for family plans to get unlimited mobile to mobile and unlimited wifi calling for only 9.99 for the whole family.

t-mobile's coverage is horrible (at least in my area, sacramento). their plans are cheaper, but i'd pay the extra dough for at&t and their bettercoverage.

i avoided verizon and sprint because i like the freedom of changing phones whenever i like with GSM providers. that's why i have at&t.

as for getting phones from amazon....it's pretty safe to do as long as you're doing an individual plan. buying multiple phones and later trying tocombine into a family plan is a nightmare (rebates are going to be voided).

Got my 8525 off Amazon for $100 cheaper than in stores when it first came out. My bill was screwed up at first (I had a $5000 bill because they didn'tactivate my unlimited data), but everything got straightened out.

READ THE FINEPRINT SEVERAL TIMES!! When you buy from amazon and newegg they have their own little clauses in there like if you go from a $59 plan to a $49 planwithin the 1st 90 days it voids the terms of the contract and they charge you big time.

Originally Posted by cantonayceboy

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

areyouin729 wrote:

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

People may complain T-Mobile doesn't have the best selection of phones, but trust me, I got the release dates and I KNOW that's going to change (IE:
Nokia N-Series coming in November). T-Mobile just recently got the new Pearl (8120). It's got GPS and WiFi. Cingular usually gets their phones before
T-Mobile, but T-Mobile gets BETTER versions later (IE: Blackberry 8820) and they're also going to get the Bold two months after Cingular, as well.
(September)

Also, whether or not you want to buy the phone online is up to you, but T-Mobile dealers usually have promotional sales practically EVERY weekend... I
remember when I first joined T-Mobile, I bought my Sidekick LX for $300 with a $500 rebate AND two airline tickets... I was
eek.gif
!

People also complain T-Mobile doesn't get the best service in your area, but those people don't know this: T-Mobile is EXPANDING their service.
Starting with the release of 3G and a T-Mobile in Canada in 2009, T-Mobile is taking over. FYI: There is a T-Mobile in other countries around the world, too.
(UK)

do they have any specials on text messaging? i remember last year they had 9.99 unlimited.

Not that I know of...

so im thinking of getting the gold curve for t mobile, so basically you have to use the plan amazon gives you? or else they charge you the 250?
i dont get how that works, also if im about to move like in a month do i choose the new area code?

Back
Top Bottom