Celts & Hawks both escape punishment for Game 4 Altercation

stern is kg's homeboy..... wasnt nothing ever gonna happen to him. its been written already. stern gave the orders...

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

If Celtics win the championship add a * next to it.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Garnett should be suspended if you follow the NBA rulebook.

iqzhw6.jpg

Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate.

Originally Posted by Respect21

Garnett should be suspended if you follow the NBA rulebook.

iqzhw6.jpg

Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate.

grin.gif

The league is a joke. You have KG shoving a ref, no fine and no suspension. Lebron with CLEARLY INTENTIONAL "Unnatural basketball act" elbowsagainst Webber last year and Blatche this year, and yet nothing happens. The Celtics and Hawks players stepped onto the court, they even ADMITTED it, and yetthey don't get a suspension or a fine because Stern/Stu knew they would have to suspend KG in turn. How are they going to suspend Amare for stepping ontothe court last year, then completely not follow their own precedent the next year? ( I hate the Suns btw so don't even accuse me of being a whining Sunsfan).

I actually think this is Stu Jackson's fault more than Stern's, or maybe Stern is his puppet, who knows. You simply cannot explain how some playersget suspended/fined while others aren't even hit with a slap on the wrist for doing the exact same +@%*. Kobe may get his fair share of calls in games, buthe gets suspended for his unnatural follow through on his shots, while we have Bron elbowing people in the face (something Kobe also did to Mike Miller and gotsuspended for) and Bowen stepping under people on their jumpshot umpteen times, yet Stu reviews the tape and issues a "warning" to Bowen and probablydoesn't even review Bron's tape.

Im not arguing for KG here, we all know that warrants a suspension.

But didnt they change the bench rules after the Suns debacle?

I don't have anything against the Celtics or KG but this is just a joke
pimp.gif

Now I hate Stern even more

Originally Posted by bjm5295

No they didn't change the rules, according to Stern the owners voted to keep the bench rules the same.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

The rule has not changed.

If I were a PHX fan I would be very VERY upset.

stern has pretty bold credibility issues

in any other job/position he would be "asked" to resign

I thought he was going by the letter of the law not the spirit of it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Y'all are justing hating.

If it was wrong to suspend Amare and Diaw, why should I be upset that Perkins and Williams weren't suspended?

What difference would it make if they were? They're clearly not on the level of Amare and Diaw.

Regarding KG's shove of the ref', the ref' initiated the contact and it isn't the ref's place to break up a fight.

The elbow to Zaza? Please. That was tame.

Again, you guys are just hating on the Celtics and Stern. If Stern suspends everyone, you're still
smh.gif
at the rule and most of the joy you're gettingout of it is because it increases the likelihood of the Celtics losing the game.

I'd like to see Boston lose as much as anyone, but I'm siding with Stern on these issues.

Regarding KG's shove of the ref', the ref' initiated the contact and it isn't the ref's place to break up a fight.
I'm glad I wasn't seeing things because I said in the official game thread that it looked as if the ref grabbed KG first.
Reminds me of how sometimes innocent people get hurt in a fight trying to break it up....

Didn't really see what happened as far as guys leaving the bench...doesn't really matter either way, Celts not losing this series

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Y'all are justing hating.

If it was wrong to suspend Amare and Diaw, why should I be upset that Perkins and Williams weren't suspended?

What difference would it make if they were? They're clearly not on the level of Amare and Diaw.

The elbow to Zaza? Please. That was tame.

Again, you guys are just hating on the Celtics and Stern. If Stern suspends everyone, you're still
smh.gif
at the rule and most of the joy you're getting out of it is because it increases the likelihood of the Celtics losing the game.

I'd like to see Boston lose as much as anyone, but I'm siding with Stern on these issues.

I don't hate the Celtics, and I'd MUCH rather have them win this series so that they can dispose of the Cavs (a team I admittedly DO hate).

We may have not liked the rules when Amare and Diaw were suspended, but it DID set a precedent that should have been followed from there on out. It'slike getting a ticket for jaywalking, and then watching the same cop that gave you that ticket sit idly by and let some guy jaywalk. He probably shouldn'thave given either of you tickets because it's a dumb rule, but it IS the law and the cop set a precedent by strictly enforcing it with one person, soit's not fair to let somebody else slide.

KG's elbow WAS pretty weak and I don't think that was worthy of much scrutiny in and of itself. Him shoving the ref at least deserves a fine though.It might not be the ref's place to break up a fight (I think it is; the refs should do all in their power to keep order in that situation or else thingscan escalate if they just sit by and watch. That's just my opinion though), but it's certainly not KG's place to shove the ref out of the way in anattempt to get closer to Zaza.

In the end, I'd just like to see things called fairly. The rules may suck sometimes, but rules are rules and if they apply to somebody they should applyto everybody. Why does Kobe get suspended for elbowing somebody/hitting them in the face, but Lebron doesn't? They even went back and reviewed that tapeand assessed him a flagrant foul! You mean to tell me elbowing somebody in the face on purpose WHILE ON OFFENSE isn't a flagrant foul? (The one last yearto Webber was the most blatant).

The Suns have a VERY legitimate case for being 100% screwed last year.

* Donaghy flat out screws them in order to cover his bets.

* They lose [important] players who stepped onto the court, and now Stern is not upholding that same rule, however strict it may be.

Either they needed to release an official changing of the rules so that everyone was clear on there being some leniency or it being a case-by-case basis, orthey need to just tell the Suns they got screwed and there's no way around it.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
It shouldn't even matter that the Hawks/Celtics players are ofless importance than the two the Suns lost....either you stick with the rule or admit you blew it last year.

(And I don't think KG or Lebron should have been suspended. Those elbows weren't demonstrative by any means.)

I dont think that was bad enough to be delt a suspension. MAYBE a fine... no suspension tho

It doesn't make sense. From Stevenson trying to take LeBron out....to J Kidd piledriving Pargo...to KG making contact with a ref. D I smell Conpiracy?
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom