Cement IVs bka 'What the hell?' -- Vol. 1, issue 2012

Anyone got stories/thoughts/reviews to share from "the urea"?
Personally, all this "hoop-la" has somewhat got to be the lasting affect from the concords. 

I mean, I ain't got it twisted...

I know this color hasn't released since 1999, and the quality of these compared to the last IVs (mars and milis) is GREAT (higher o.g. tongue length, better pleather, white midsole not brush painted) but DAMN jo.

I've NEVER had problems looking out for anyone.  NEVER.

24 hours later, FIVE states later, I'm still hunting down "DCshoechick" and "PoloDonOMD" IVs. 
indifferent.gif
  Looks like I'll be driving out to the sticks when I get back to Va.

What about You?

Sizing, for me, is weird. 

I got a Fred Flintstone foot.  Length I'm a solid 10.5, with width I'm an 11 because of my wide foot. 

So with low quality kicks, like Jordan Brand, I sometimes I gotta decide whether to have the sides TOO tight, or a little too much toe box space.  On these, I went with the latter.

But, with all the '99s I paid $105 - $600 for last 11 years, for all but ONE left that hasn't had a midsole turn into dust on me...

I bit on these "take it or leave it" joints.  It is what it is at this point.

Make these "jeans only" joints to cover the jumpman in the back, and keep it pushing.  
laugh.gif

I wish they made these in an 11.25 because an 11.5 is too big and 11 is a little tight. I think the reason this release was a little hectic was because of the tax time and people wanting the "new Jordans" and like you said, the fall out from the Concords.

Me and a fellow NT'er went to Arundel Mills and they said we couldn't get on the property till 6:30 am however at ~6:10, people started running to the door. I was a little heated because I was first in line if they didn't pull that stupid policy of wait till 6:30. After I copped a pair at the FTL there, I headed to another spot and grabbed an 11.5 so wasn't too bad.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I wish they made these in an 11.25 because an 11.5 is too big and 11 is a little tight. 
THANK YOU brotha!

So it ain't just me!

grin.gif
@ Jordan Brand!

^ I'll be taking a look around in the next couple of days to see if the malls here still have them. They should but idk, the chi x's moved like crack out here

eyes any word on a 7.5?

I got an 8 looking to trade that i order online if any has a 7.5
im still amazed my size wad the first to go on ndc...that never happens...which make me believes no many where produced.

^^^^I am going to hit the streets tomorrow for these, if I see a size 7/7.5, I will let you know! I don't think I will have much luck, but i have gotten lucky with store returns and late shipments in the past!

Originally Posted by shoethentic

^^^^I am going to hit the streets tomorrow for these, if I see a size 7/7.5, I will let you know! I don't think I will have much luck, but i have gotten lucky with store returns and late shipments in the past!
ok cool appreciate it.

Worst part about this release is not being able to find someone to size swap. People buying em just to sell so someone who will actually wear has to jump through hoops to rid a pair and get a pair.

^
Yeah,

I'm trying to swap an 11 for a 10.5 now.  Usually, I'm on point when it comes to sizing.  But these, geesh.  I'll just have one of each.

Word, good thing is the prices seem to be dropping. Hopefully around where the Chi X's are so I can just buy an 11 straight up and sell my 11.5 for the price I paid for the 11.

looked around for some pairs around here today. All I found was a 13 and a 15, I gladly scooped the 13

Smh, I was out there. 3 hours, 15th in line, sizing bammas up in case the $&@! hit the fan. I was not going to be denied on these joints, in my size. Want another but they buggin on CL and eBay.

Should've did some research..I went to DTLR and FTL in forestville. Both places sold out fast, and only had like 2 pairs in each size. Not eeem mad though, I took that $160 right to passport BMW and got a fresh oil & filter change.

Originally Posted by SoleFood06

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

I still need a damn 10.5.
I still refuse to wear any Jordan that orginally had Nike Air on the heel... with a Jumpman on the heel....

i said this verbatim

Putting "NIKE AIR" on any of these new retros would be a slap in the face.

The jumpman is a reminder and stamp of the lack of quality control compared to the 80s, 90s, and early 00 retros. 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^Not only that but the complete and utter mayhem that will ensue (and it WILL ensue) simply because "NIKE AIR" hasn't been seen on the sneaker(s) in years.I think they eventually will do it and charge cats an arm,leg,leg,arm,head (ALLAH) for this reason alone
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
This thing has really gone to hell man...

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Not only that but the complete and utter mayhem that will ensue (and it WILL ensue) simply because "NIKE AIR" hasn't been seen on the sneaker(s) in years.I think they eventually will do it and charge cats an arm,leg,leg,arm,head (ALLAH) for this reason alone
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
This thing has really gone to hell man...

Like the banned 1's....but you see what happened with those.

The nike air is so much sexier than that big jumpman.....oh well....we still buy the shoes...

I am one shoe away from completing my nike air collection...and everytime I look at them it remind me what the sneakergame once was.

Jordans was way ahead of its time.  25+ years later and we still go crazy for a retro.

Back
Top Bottom