Champions League knockout stage draw

Yet another Cameroonian hurts Real Madrid
pimp.gif

Both matches were entertaining.

Real should be fine as long as they dont concede at home. They are more than capable of putting 2-3 goals past Lyon at the Bernabeu.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Milan completely dominating now. They've already done well with 2 away goals...1 more and Man Utd. will be in terrible shape in 3-weeks time.

Game is at the San Siro.  United has 3 away goals.  Bascially if Milan loses this 3-2 they will still need a miracle to beat United outright by 2 goals at Old Trafford.
Damn, my bad.

Man Utd are in great shape then. I'm not liking Milan's chances now.

Ronaldinho played unbelievably well...I'm surprised he was left off Brazil's team for their friendly next month.

Yet another Cameroonian hurts Real Madrid
pimp.gif

Both matches were entertaining.

Milan had 2-3 good chances to tie it at the end...Lyon created more chances than Real but were wasteful.

Milan aren't in too bad of shape...a 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 win would see them advance.

Real should be fine as long as they dont concede at home. They are more than capable of putting 2-3 goals past Lyon at the Bernabeu.
Nevermind you fixed it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Milan completely dominating now. They've already done well with 2 away goals...1 more and Man Utd. will be in terrible shape in 3-weeks time.

Game is at the San Siro.  United has 3 away goals.  Bascially if Milan loses this 3-2 they will still need a miracle to beat United outright by 2 goals at Old Trafford.
Damn, my bad.

Man Utd are in great shape then. I'm not liking Milan's chances now.

Ronaldinho played unbelievably well...I'm surprised he was left off Brazil's team for their friendly next month.
thanks nostradamus

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Wayne Rooney, huh? What's gotten into that guy lately? He really owes a lot to Valencia & Nani this year though imo.
or to the subtraction of Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney - The best striker in the world
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Is Madrid playing poorly?
They were terrible for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half but have since taken control of the match.

Lyon may end up regretting the 4 great chances they had to make it 2-0.

I keep hearing this lately and am starting to wonder if people really buy into this. If you were Chelsea/Liverpool would you really take on Rooney for Drogba/Torres? I sure as hell wouldn't. Today he missed a pretty clear shot at goal, scored a quality but not crazy header, and then scored a wide open header that would have been notable only if he missed. I think he is playing better than he ever has, but he's still not really in the class of Drogba or Torres on their best days. I see his improved form more as a result of Ferguson's restructuring of the offense after Ronaldo's departure than any dramatic step forward by Rooney. 
And Milan should have been up 3-0 at least at the half. Horrendous finishing on their part after the Ronaldinho goal. I wasn't really too impressed by Man U, their defense was left totally exposed a good 5-7 times. Milan should be ashamed of themselves for the way they finished inside the box today. 

-Man U's back line was awful, had me shaking my head multiple times
-Haven't seen Ronaldinho play that well in quite awhile (don't watch Serie A at all)
-Why is Beckham getting burn for Milan?
-Thing I enjoy about Rooney as compared to Drogba and Torres is that he works his
butt off in the defensive end and you see him all over the field and he rarely gives upon plays

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Wayne Rooney - The best striker in the world
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Is Madrid playing poorly?
They were terrible for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half but have since taken control of the match.

Lyon may end up regretting the 4 great chances they had to make it 2-0.
I keep hearing this lately and am starting to wonder if people really buy into this. If you were Chelsea/Liverpool would you really take on Rooney for Drogba/Torres? I sure as hell wouldn't. Today he missed a pretty clear shot at goal, scored a quality but not crazy header, and then scored a wide open header that would have been notable only if he missed. I think he is playing better than he ever has, but he's still not really in the class of Drogba or Torres on their best days. I see his improved form more as a result of Ferguson's restructuring of the offense after Ronaldo's departure than any dramatic step forward by Rooney. 
And Milan should have been up 3-0 at least at the half. Horrendous finishing on their part after the Ronaldinho goal. I wasn't really too impressed by Man U, their defense was left totally exposed a good 5-7 times. Milan should be ashamed of themselves for the way they finished inside the box today. 

By 'best striker in the world' I mean the most in-form striker in the game today. He has scored around 25-goals this season and no one's been able to stop him.

I love Drogba but this dude is mad streaky. He's finally scoring goals at a prolific rate again after missing a ton of time due to injuries over the past few years.

There are other strikers in the world I'd take over them but right now both of them are playing unbelievably well.

All 3 of Man U's goals were savable for Dida. Whenever I watch a Milan game lately, Dida is horrible.

Dida up to his usual mistakes
laugh.gif
Dinho still in good form? He's been good for the majority of this season in Serie A

Bayern v Fiorentina hopefully wont disappoint. JoJo
pimp.gif

Yeah, Ronaldinho has looked pretty good as of late. I'd be really surprised if he isn't included in the WC squad. He's still a great asset to have...

Porto looking very sharp early on... easily coulda been 2-0 up.
EDIT ~ Fabianski blunder...
smh.gif

laugh.gif
... where's Almunia?

EDIT 2 ~ Blast from the past... Sol Campbell with the goal!?

1-1....that was quick
how is arsenal doing, btw? I dont keep up with the EPL

wow WTH!?  
eek.gif

Never seen that before... Sol's got to know better... then everyone just switched off!

Lukasz-Fabianski-is-beate-001.jpg

FIRE THIS FRAUD

Why Wenger insists on having faith in this farce of a keeper I'll never know. Mannone is certainly the better backup. The performance by Arsenal was weak, sure, but this kid's performance was downright amateurish.

Back
Top Bottom