CHANCES OF COLUMBIA XI CRACKING????

My cousin has just bought a pair of DS OG columbia XI's and hes not really sure on if they will crack or even be wearable??? So if anyone knows or has apair that has been worn please let me know on the condition they will be after being worn.

Why would he buy a ds pair of columbias if he thought they were going to crack? Was he planning on not wearing them and just staring at it??? Not a smart buyin my opinion.

I would say, it wont crack. The material for the midsoles of XI is different from those of the IIs, IIIs, IVs, Vs, VIs, VIII, and IXs. These are the mostlikely to crack, especially those with the air bubbles.

99.9% of all OG Js after Xs should be good to wear. XIs should be fine.

The shoes wont crack but the soles may detached. Have had this happened to me twice.

The glue that is used to stick the soles to the midsoles have dried up and harden, and thus the glue may have lose its adhesiveness.

it's very rare that you would see XI's cracking.......I have lots and lots of XI's and not a single pair cracked on me...even the OG's

s dubl got it right, pretty much everything beyond the ix will never crack. materials changed completely and they more or less stopped using the material likethe midsole of the Iv's

Originally Posted by mjand2345

The shoes wont crack but the soles may detached. Have had this happened to me twice.

The glue that is used to stick the soles to the midsoles have dried up and harden, and thus the glue may have lose its adhesiveness.

so does this happen over time or is it like after 1 or 2 wears

Originally Posted by Houstons23rd

all depends on storage, and your luck.

also depends on the weather..here in the Philippines..I wouldnt dare to wear my XI's.. the moisture and weather really kills sneaks

If the bottom does in fact detach, make sure you take it to a good shoe repair place. They'll be able to fix it properly, and it'll be 100% wearable. Ihad to do this with my space jams, and it fixed them right up. Its a fairly common problem for XI's, maybe not common, but it happens.

DONT use that shoe goo crap that everyone is always recommending. shoe goo is for filling holes and stuff like that. you will ruin the shoe.

I had the retros and they crack on me, but I'm sure the OG's were made way better.

Originally Posted by Houstons23rd

If it were to detach, it will detach after just 1 or 2 wear.

ive never seen a cracked pair of columbia XIs in my life...lol.plus i own a pair that has been worn a couple of times so i think they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom