Looking good so far.
But dont worry if these dont work out
if you want the Katrinas so bad you can try getting the silver collection 3s
or pure $s and try painting those, seems like it would be easier

Originally Posted by dtb00201

wait what did he do so far to them? they look the same to me

Removed half of the red from the midsole
wink.gif

looks like you still have the lace hole on the top and the elephant print.

not sure if it would have been easier, but you could have started on the elephant print before painting the midsole.

I'll give up my (used) Sz. 10.5 to anyone who is interested in attempting this. I wore them several times, but they haven't really been in my rotationsince the midsole paint started to chip. Let me know if you are interested in taking them off my hands...

:LOL sorry guys but I plan on keeping them this way. I wasnt trying to make them like katrinas. I only did this because my sole was cracking real bad.

progress report

cleaning up my spiz'ikes too
before
thedevilsnumberis1447.jpg

acetone (a real pain, but works)
thedevilsnumberis1448.jpg

after
thedevilsnumberis1451.jpg

just needs some touch ups on the lines.

and now for the big job
before
thedevilsnumberis1450.jpg

thedevilsnumberis1449.jpg

now
thedevilsnumberis1453.jpg

thedevilsnumberis1452.jpg

still got to do the lace holes and touch up the midsole lines and then decide on lightening the elephant print.

hmmmm, to lighten or not to lighten. that is the question.
Originally Posted by sthebest1984

^Im the one who came up with the techinique.

here's my pair after the process

to do it, take a bowl of water and add a small amount of acetone. then take a rag and dip into the water. then wipe off the elephant print with the wet rag. you should start seeing black ink on the rag. dont freak out..this is normal. afterwards, let the elephant print dry.

repeat 2-3 times and I think you'll be pleased.

hmmmmmm this is them now
thedevilsnumberis1454.jpg

Originally Posted by gentry187

Here's a thought: wouldn't it be easier to just custom the white cement 3's? All you would have to do is just paint the black strip on the midsole red.
I don't know if you notice but cement 3s can poke a big hole in your pocket, unless you got the $$ for it by all means, but doing it on thefire red 3s seems alot faster, for one the midsole is already red, all u gotta do is paint over it and fill in the cracks and just white out the other half ofred.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Here's a thought: wouldn't it be easier to just custom the white cement 3's? All you would have to do is just paint the black strip on the midsole red.
I don't know if you notice but cement 3s can poke a big hole in your pocket
Or you can find a used pair on ebay and fix it up.

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I don't know if you notice but cement 3s can poke a big hole in your pocket
Or you can find a used pair on ebay and fix it up.
Even a used pair can still cost a pretty penny and then fixing it up and adding paint and the process etc etc, can damage the sneaker more and thepaint can come off sooo easy. i think its best to do it on a new or slightly new shoe.

Back
Top Bottom