Chappelle's Show Now on Netflix & HBO Max

Ehh, random internet comment and I disagree with the framing, but understand everyone's right to feel what they feel, however misplaced. That said I don't care that much to continue.

No but this barely has enough similarities for dude to make that comment of basically saying now you know how it feels to Dave in that specific situation.

If we just gonna dumb it down all the way and strip away key fact to just make it about Dave's feelings about being screwed over and ppl's hurt feelings about Dave's joke even then those ppl can make the simple decision of nit listening to Dave Chappelle. Dave can't do the same.
I disagree, I think there is, especially went so much into how it made him feel as well.

And just like he told people that got offended about his jokes to deal with it. He can just deal with it and accept he won't ever get those royalties.

He basically acknowledged that is one of the options available to him at the end of the set.

I disagree, I think there is, especially went so much into how it made him feel as well.

And just like he told people that got offended about his jokes to deal with it. He can just deal with it and accept he won't ever get those royalties.

He basically acknowledged that is one of the options available to him at the end of the set.
I continue to disagree. How Dave feels is directly tied in to them stealing from him in this situation.

They're inseparable.

He went out of his way in telling the joke and stories to step up how ppl have taken from him, how it made him feel, and most importantly what he learned from it.

This is why I say the comparison isn't the same. Dealing with jokes you don't like and dealing with not getting royalties are not comparable.

That's why I said it's dumb if we're stripping this down to one thing. Dave said deal with it so he should deal with this. Not in any shape or form alike.

I continue to disagree. How Dave feels is directly tied in to them stealing from him in this situation.

They're inseparable.

He went out of his way in telling the joke and stories to step up how ppl have taken from him, how it made him feel, and most importantly what he learned from it.

This is why I say the comparison isn't the same. Dealing with jokes you don't like and dealing with not getting royalties are not comparable.

That's why I said it's dumb if we're stripping this down to one thing. Dave said deal with it so he should deal with this. Not in any shape or form alike.
Well agree to disagree then

thank u for posting fambz

the fact that they didnt have to but they did is a good look for them

interested to see how chapelle fights that contract, never seen someone reverse/ get back at a contract they signed.
Labels and managers are constantly remixing these contracts in their favor with the house attorney.

See how the Migos found out their lawyer was their labels lawyer as well. Who's interest are you protecting when you work for both sides.

Entertainment and Science are some of theain industries that come to mind when outright theft of intellectual property is the norm. It's sick and needs to change. People need to fight back.

If you could see how much Google/ NT and Facebook made off your data I'm sure you would want a cut too of someone making millions off of you. It's natural

Cuz he wasn't getting paid.
That’s why he got paid the first time. People can sign a contract for a certain stipulation and then cry over the stipulation 15 years later after you were compensated for your work.

Bad business practice is becoming the norm in society where people are not obligated Fulfill their end of the bargain..

I pay you , you perform and I distribute and produce the product...

15 years later we can renegioate the contract but you’re not gonna force me to pull anything,.... cancel culture needs to be cancelled...

That’s why he got paid the first time. People can sign a contract for a certain stipulation and then cry over the stipulation 15 years later after you were compensated for your work.
He didn't get paid what he or the show was worth the first time.

People think that cuz of the reports of his contract before s3 but he never got that. Plus he's talking about getting royalties for the show he made. Not anything he didn't do.

The contract basically claims they own the name and show in perpetuity.

I wonder what was really in those contracts. Especially when he extended with them

If him getting syndication rights hinged on him delivering more seasons, then Viacom really could flip this on Dave if they wanted

Still hopes he gets his money though

Last edited:

Bad business practice is becoming the norm in society where people are not obligated Fulfill their end of the bargain..

I pay you , you perform and I distribute and produce the product...

15 years later we can renegioate the contract but you’re not gonna force me to pull anything,.... cancel culture needs to be cancelled...

the only way they sitting down to renegotiate is once cancel culture wheels start spinning

I think situations like Kanye and Dave where it’s purely “let’s value morals over business from here on out” cancel culture is kinda...okay.

why shouldn’t they be able to mobilize the fanbase that made these albums/shows culturally important in the first place

the only way they sitting down to renegotiate is once cancel culture wheels start spinning

I think situations like Kanye and Dave where it’s purely “let’s value morals over business from here on out” cancel culture is kinda...okay.

why shouldn’t they be able to mobilize the fanbase that made these albums/shows culturally important in the first place
Right, there are no rules out here. If he's built leverage with his fanbase to force a renegotiation that's fair tactics.

This is business, Dave made a strong move and hopefully it works.

Those bums caved!

Chappelle-13.gif

Props to Dave, and while I understand that he signed the contract as a willing 28 year old comedian. He is using leverage to f over the same people that f'd him over earlier. Within the context of how he left Chapelle show and how the industry tried to characterize him into being something he wasn't this all makes sense. And to all of you wondering why go back on a contract...

RepentantTerribleCatbird-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom