Check out Gentry Humphrey's reaction when Niketalk is mentioned Vol.Kix and The City Interview III

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Gentry is a very smart business man. He understand both perspectives of "new" and "OG" collectors.

I don't think the mold of the shoe is his fault, but he does give us a great replica of OGs we want.

If NT ran JB it would go out of business. You can't retro the same thing every year. You can't. NT probably doesn't even make up 5% of the total sales.

This man speaks the truth.

Gentry might not be making all of NT happy, but he certainly is doing things that appeal to a larger audience.

Hate me if you want, but I gained a little more respect for the man after hearing him talk about the business side of his decisions.

I understand more of what he is trying to do now.
This doesn't explain why JORDAN BRAND has to make REPLICA JORDANS.

If Coke can make the same product for 70 years or whatever, then Nike can surely make a similar AJ. It all has to do with $, not what they can or can't do.

Cheaper products, labor = cheaper replicas. The retail price stays the same.

smh.gif

i really can't say that he was laughing AT this board.....that seemed more of a "i got lurkers reading up over there"

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

I now this topic will not get the debate that it's deserved...

But in Gentry's eyes

I.S.S - Sole Collector > Niketalk

Hate it or Love it

It is where this man stands..

What are your thoughts NT and if your able to speak from the heart in a non bias way..

Why do you think G takes this stance.

Is it deserved?

I believe it. But I also believe his stance is mainly due to the positive publicity he receives through Sole Collector. The magazine has shown Gentry with nothing but a Halo around his head while every post about G on Niketalk is a negative one. I doubt you'll find many Anti-Gentry posts over at I.S.S. As long as they write good things about him and continue to advertise Jordan Brand, it'll always be like that. I don't blame the dude. I just wish he were open to the constructive criticism he receives on Niketalk.
Agreed. I've seen some negative comments about a particular Jordan here or there in the magazine. However, I've never seen anything negativeabout Gentry or Jordan Brand overall. As long as Jordan Brand laces them with exclusive/extensive information/interviews, we will continue to see more of thesame from Sole Collector.

I would love to see a shoe with the same materials from "back in the day" released today. With inflation being what it is, I wonder how much theywould cost.

On another note: I think one of the more important things he said was that a lot of the shoes today are produced for stylin' not ballin'. That in andof itself would make me change the materials to a lower quality.

At the end of the day, threads like this keep the brand winning.

how you keepin the OGs happy i would be cool with a nice nike air retro every once in a while then jumpmans on most retros do like a special time of year typething.

well maybe now that keith houlemard replaced garry cook as president of jordan brand, we'll see some better changes within the brand. But who knowst, keithpreviously worked as apparel director for the brand and i have to say there have been some pretty whack jordan brand clothing(pics of fakes on clothing,full-zip jordan hoodies) come out lately

what kinda stupid commet was that by AIRGOLDEN2123.........lil kids from the hood huhh??? I hope people from the hood dont get offended??? please tell me whatis the hood????

I been hating Gentry since 05... Anyway he didn't diss NT, He just so happen needed to hold a sneeze or something..Anyway your blowing this way out ofproportions but it ain't that serious... Even if he was making fun of Niketalk I still wouldn't give a %%*+. Why should I? What good will it do? Justkeep on moving on.

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

I now this topic will not get the debate that it's deserved...

But in Gentry's eyes

I.S.S - Sole Collector > Niketalk

Hate it or Love it

It is where this man stands..

What are your thoughts NT and if your able to speak from the heart in a non bias way..

Why do you think G takes this stance.

Is it deserved?
I'm not surprised. But there was a thread that had a poll for which you'd prefer on the retros, Nike Air or the Jumpman. NA won by nearly alandslide.

But if he does take SC more into consideration as "what the fans want", then it's crystal clear. JB is targeting a new, and younger market. Iguess the saying for the older group is true....."old collectors never die.....they just fade away".........
tired.gif

you guys are nuts, that was a totally legit interview and everything he said makes total sense...they are marketing products to multiple demographics....buywhat you like, don't buy the other stuff...buut why rip on Gentry, the guy is clearly a great businessman....if you think it all sucks, dont buy it, butstop whining, ya know?

either way... weather he was laughing at Niketalk or not... this guy is stil a perpitrator
mad.gif
... this video dose no harm.. but at the same time it dose no good either.. letsjust al hate Gentry and keep giving him our money...
tired.gif

So according to Gentry, we have the "new generation" to thank for these crazy colors and abominations..............thanks guys.

Originally Posted by NeptunesFinest

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Gentry is a very smart business man. He understand both perspectives of "new" and "OG" collectors.

I don't think the mold of the shoe is his fault, but he does give us a great replica of OGs we want.

If NT ran JB it would go out of business. You can't retro the same thing every year. You can't. NT probably doesn't even make up 5% of the total sales.

This man speaks the truth.

Gentry might not be making all of NT happy, but he certainly is doing things that appeal to a larger audience.

Hate me if you want, but I gained a little more respect for the man after hearing him talk about the business side of his decisions.

I understand more of what he is trying to do now.
This doesn't explain why JORDAN BRAND has to make REPLICA JORDANS.

I'm not sure about this but wasn't it said that most of the molds to make the shoes were lost or damaged in a fire. I remember reading that a longtime ago when we discussed why the look of the AJIIs changed so dramastically.

In another point, cheaper materials and labor equal cheaper products. Brand Jordan is a Business first, if they can cut costs, and still sell out of products,their job is done. Regardless of what colors and how the shape of the shoe is, the Brand Jordan products will continue to sell. Especially to my generation.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

wow,
eyes.gif

although i do not like this guy, he did not laugh at nt there, he just laughed cuz dude gave a shout out to a sneaker forum, thats all.

no need to hype this up

It so easy to not like a dude for putting out crap like fusions but getting him in a room and talking to him about it, answered so many questions for me.
I have nothing but respect for this dude. His marketing game is on point. I can take a few pointers from him.

Back
Top Bottom