Check out my new sports startup called Chestbumpp

Hey everyone I'm building a new startup called Chestbumpp where you'll be able to form sports groups for any of your favorite sports. Your group will have a skill level, number of members, and time/location they usually play so that new people can scout the groups in their area and join the one that fits them best and have fun. It will be a free service, and you'll get a chance to meet new people and improve your skill by joining new groups with higher skill levels. I'm thinking about giving players a rep, and people can give good players props and things like that to keep it competitive. I'd appreciate any feedback. If there's something you think would be a cool addition to the site, I'll consider adding it. We're looking at a summer launch, so please sign up if your interested. 

Here is the site: http://chestbumpp.com

By the way, I know my post count is 1, but I've been here since the yuku days (signed up in 2006 as dannyp32), but my account got deleted in the transition to the new site, so I just recently created a new account on the new site. 

Last edited:
anoher way to meat athletic males in my area

count me in papi :evil:

Not hating in any way but yeah I really don't get it? Why wouldn't people just use meetup.com or create a public facebook group? Also, if they are competitive (wants props in some sort of way) wouldn't they just join an adult/intramural league? I love your site design though.

Seems like it would be much better suited to do an idea I had a while back (but no time, money, etc to make it happen). People sign up, and it is basically similar to woot and 1saleaday.com and such. Every day it is a new t-shirt for $10 bucks. Designers get $2 out of the $10 and the rest goes to profit, getting the shirts made, etc. The tough part would be the early launch, and making sure designers are submitting legal, usable, vector art that people care about. I actually started building the website and such, but then researched the legality of using sports figures (since I wanted to make sports t-shirts) and found out what a mess using celebrities or athletes likeness on products is. Now i'm just rambling...but that is my two cents.

For example, after the Heat won the chip I wanted to get shirts made using this design that I had a freelancer create for me:

View media item 292033

Last edited:
So it's like Meetup, but for sports only?
Yea it's a similar idea. Basically it's the same idea but focused on sports. Meetup went super broad, so Chestbumpp will be focused on sports groups so that we can tailor the site for athletes. Also meetup charges the person who creates the group, while Chestbumpp will be completely free. I noticed that meetup.com has few sports groups. Most of the groups on there are for related interests, and outdoor activities like hiking and stuff.
Not hating in any way but yeah I really don't get it? Why wouldn't people just use meetup.com or create a public facebook group? Also, if they are competitive (wants props in some sort of way) wouldn't they just join an adult/intramural league? I love your site design though.

Seems like it would be much better suited to do an idea I had a while back (but no time, money, etc to make it happen). People sign up, and it is basically similar to woot and 1saleaday.com and such. Every day it is a new t-shirt for $10 bucks. Designers get $2 out of the $10 and the rest goes to profit, getting the shirts made, etc. The tough part would be the early launch, and making sure designers are submitting legal, usable, vector art that people care about. I actually started building the website and such, but then researched the legality of using sports figures (since I wanted to make sports t-shirts) and found out what a mess using celebrities or athletes likeness on products is. Now i'm just rambling...but that is my two cents.

For example, after the Heat won the chip I wanted to get shirts made using this design that I had a freelancer create for me:
No worries man, I appreciate any feedback. I'm glad you like the design. So the problem with creating a public facebook group is discovering the content. People who are searching for groups to play sports with new people generally don't go on facebook and search for ...lets say basketball. Let's just say they did search for it, here are the results they would get on facebook:

The point I'm trying to make is that it's difficult to discover the content on facebook. I'm sure there's quite a few basketball groups, but I couldn't find a single one. I was using Facebook's new Graph Search which is suppose to be much improved over the old search.

Now meetup, I agree would work fine, but the reason for making a site specifically dedicated to sports is to make it easy to discover the sports groups near you. Since Chestbumpp will be focused on sports, it allows us to create an athletic culture for the website.

An example is http://www.behance.com and http://dribbble.com

behance is a website for creative people to post their work (architects, painters, designers, photographers, interior designers). Dribbble.com focuses only on graphic designers. They have a site that is tailored for graphic designers, and graphic designers really enjoy using the site for inspiration and displaying their work. http://500px.com is another example that focuses on photography. They made a site specifically for photography and people really like it. The users from both of these sites could have posted on behance instead of either of these (Behance was open and popular before either of these), but they like the community in dribbble and 500px better because it relates to them directly and the site is tailored for them.

That's just my point of view, hopefully it seems reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom