Chen Guangcheng

No NT Thread? Crazy story.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/w...es-us-embassy-in-beijing-china.html?ref=world

Cliffs:

Blind Chinese Lawyer/Activist beaten/put in jail/house arrest for exposing forced abortions in China.

He escapes house arrest

He gets to US Embassy after car chase through the streets o Bejing.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

China demands him back

US offers him asylum. He says no because he wants to continue fighting for freedoms in China.and because Chinese authorities were holding his wife and allegedly threatening her life.

After assurances by the Chinese government that he'll be left alone, he is released to a Chinese hospital.

His friends tell him its about to be curtains for him, chinese authorities cut off much of his access to the outside world again, and now he's asking for the Americans to help him and his family leave the country.

pretty much.. dude had 90-100 guards guarding him and he still managed to get scale the wall surrounding his house run from the guards, swim across the river, then make it 600 miles to Beijing. BAWSE

I thought it was pretty BA the first time a read it, and then read the posts saying that he was blind. whaaaaaat the (*@#$(@*#$(@ this dude is on some 6th sense type $!%. That is absolutely unbelievable. How is he breaking out of prisons and out driving the police when dude can't even see where he is going!?!?! absolutely amazing.

Shoulda taken his get out of china free card when he could tho...

Wow respect to this guy.  Heard the story yesterday.

Chinese population control is crazy.  I hope not only do we help this guy out....but find out more about the forced abortions and how prevalent it is.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

How did he do all that as a blind man? Crazy!
we walk by faith not by sight.

sillyputty come at me....... o wait he's gone
roll.gif

Just cuz it says he'd blind doesnt mean he cant see ... lmao.... he probably has enough vision.

lol he wasnt the one driving. His fellow activist peoples drove him to beijing. US agents drove him from a meet up point in Beijing to the embassy.

mad respect to this dude... prolly wont end well since dude walked into a trap, but at least hes livin for a purpose.

Back
Top Bottom