Chicago 2 pick up.

Could not find a good thread to put this on so I just simply made one. Just got a pair of 2s for the first time with zero shame what so ever. Lol. It's a 2010 but couldn't resist the price. I was actually hunting a 95 but the price and cracked midsoles kinda turned me off to em. Couldn't find an 04 I really liked either. Anyway, I love this shoe. It finally completes my 1-14 set. And def makes me want them to come out soon closer to the 1987 version. Can't believe how much I like em.
IMG_20200831_154602.jpg
IMG_20200831_154112.jpg
IMG_20200831_154044.jpg
IMG_20200831_161405.jpg

Last edited:
2's are super underrated. Only pair I own rn are the alternates that dropped back in 2016 I think or 2017. Got em as a gift. Comfy shoes and pretty nice on foot imo. But I'm right there with ya waiting for a pair of '87 style 2's. If we could get Chicago 2s done right soon that'd be fantastic. The sleek and slanted profile is everything for these.

If they could give the 2s a proper retro they would be so much better. . Looking at pics of OG and ‘94 2s makes me want em bad, the current retros do them dirty for sure.. They’re not terrible, but OGs were super sleek!

I have a theory with this J 2 design being the reason MJ wanted to leave if you all read me out.

Ok, we all believe the 2 was so wack that MJ said hell no Im out. Right? What if that was not the case. Im sitting here at home putting thought into this with some fun at the same time thinking how, in 1987, was this a bad design? It was not. In fact it was a first.
How? It was the first Nike basketball shoe without the swoosh and Nike Branding as we all know it. In 1987, no other basketball Nike sneaker was made without the giant Swoosh on the side of them. None. What if this design by Moore and Kilgore pissed off Nike, leading to MJ being pissed off AT Nike? O ogSlater needs to ask this with his connect to the man Tink himself. I would be seriously intrigued to the response.
What if the design was not the problem, but the politic/backlash FROM NIKE was? Nike pissed about a Nike shoe with minimal branding. They promised MJ to make a shoe that was about him. They really tried to execute that promise with the 2. Nike was against it, causing Mike to want to leave in result. Only because of feeling like Nike was back peddling on THEIR promise. Pissed Mike off. Wasnt he talking to those same designers that left for Adidas on a golf course? If the design was SO bad, why would he have anything to do with them.
The compromise/savior? Obviously the 3, we all know that. But the JUMPMAN more so. A silhouette more personal to the man in exchange for the return of the Nike Air branding. It could make sense.
My point of all this is to say maybe the politics that took place behind the shoes design was more of a problem to Mike than the design itself. I know nothing about nothing here. Just maybe a fun convo.

I have a theory with this J 2 design being the reason MJ wanted to leave if you all read me out.

Ok, we all believe the 2 was so wack that MJ said hell no Im out. Right? What if that was not the case. Im sitting here at home putting thought into this with some fun at the same time thinking how, in 1987, was this a bad design? It was not. In fact it was a first.
How? It was the first Nike basketball shoe without the swoosh and Nike Branding as we all know it. In 1987, no other basketball Nike sneaker was made without the giant Swoosh on the side of them. None. What if this design by Moore and Kilgore pissed off Nike, leading to MJ being pissed off AT Nike? O ogSlater needs to ask this with his connect to the man Tink himself. I would be seriously intrigued to the response.
What if the design was not the problem, but the politic/backlash FROM NIKE was? Nike pissed about a Nike shoe with minimal branding. They promised MJ to make a shoe that was about him. They really tried to execute that promise with the 2. Nike was against it, causing Mike to want to leave in result. Only because of feeling like Nike was back peddling on THEIR promise. Pissed Mike off. Wasnt he talking to those same designers that left for Adidas on a golf course? If the design was SO bad, why would he have anything to do with them.
The compromise/savior? Obviously the 3, we all know that. But the JUMPMAN more so. A silhouette more personal to the man in exchange for the return of the Nike Air branding. It could make sense.
My point of all this is to say maybe the politics that took place behind the shoes design was more of a problem to Mike than the design itself. I know nothing about nothing here. Just maybe a fun convo.

i like this thought and honestly does make a lot of sense lol im way younger than most of the guys in here and am fuzzy with all the history/detail since i didnt get to grow up during MJs day, but if he didn't like the design, couldn't he basically opt to just wear the 1s instead of the 2s?

on a side note, i actually like the 2s and am still looking for a good pair of the 2014 retro. the 2 is so slept on and underrated imo

No shame required. Whiles 2s are still relatively underrated, I feel like quite a few cats are just now starting to get hip to just how fire they are. I've peeped prices on StockX slowly creeping up.
Recently watched The Last Dance, and there was a brief clip of MJ playing in Chicago Lows. Such a damn good looking shoe on the court.

Did the 1994 retro 2s differ much from the OG??
With what little I really know about the comparisons they look so close to each other. The original was supposed to have the best leathers out there from Italy. I doubt the 95 got the same quality but still was pretty good. The sleek look of the shape and toe that they provided in those releases really make the shoe look much better. Like everything nowadays, they box up the toe and its just not that quite appealing.
best-air-jordan-2s.jpg

To see this ^ again would be crazy. But JB has done a wonderful job overlooking this model imo.

Back
Top Bottom