Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Oh, I know. I've torn both my ACLs.

Was just trying to soften the blow of possibly missing the franchise guy for an entire season.

Ouch, I can't imagine. I have played for years, even at an "advanced" weight and been bless to have never suffered any injuries like that. My guy did though and he said you can hear and feel it snap.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Boozer HAS to be amnestied.

I think you can sign Nash or Dragic, if not amnesty Boozer maybe trade him for Josh Smith. Admittedly he's a "stretch" power forward, but he at least gives you effort. And by the way, James Harden isn't up until after the 13 season

Did anyone hear what Boozer said about being eliminated? This dude gave less %*+$% than the amount of points he scored

"

I thought I played well, especially with the kind of season it was. We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had the top seed again, that’s all that matters, yo.
"
There's been a few articles saying that he can't be amnestied this postseason for a variety of reasons, especially for the fact that Reinsdorf will not like the idea of paying him to play for another team.  After all, he did try to low-ball MJ, Pip, and Phil during their last two seasons together.  Maybe if his play declines next season, then Reinsdorf won't mind hitting the eject button.

I like Dragic or Nash, but financially there's not much flexibility this offseason.  Josh Smith for Boozer would not be a bad idea...but ATL can't be dumb enough to say yes...right??

He's been getting roasted on local talk radio here for that exact statement.  I think the original question asked him to evaluate how his season went.  Needless to say, and whatever his true message was, it wasn't the response fans wanted to hear especially from him. 

Yea Ska... I'm hoping/praying he has that type of come back in him too bro.
Would be a crying shame if not 
ohwell.gif

CasperJr wrote:
Seymore CAKE wrote:
Pooh had the surgery this am... 
I believe he needs to sit and rehab it for at least a year.  So I would be fine not seeing him play until May.

There's too much invested in him to Greg Oden/Gilbert Arenas him 
30t6p3b.gif

So he really did have it that's good I thought it would take longer for him to regain range of motion. As far as coming back around this time next year........ nope I don't even want to make the playoffs for this reason right here don't even want it to be a option.

I'm in tune with you. Fully.

It seems like a lot of Bulls fans want to move Boozer. One of my good friends is a HUGE Bulls fan and she's telling me how she wants him gone too. I agree, he is over-paid, but what are you other options?

I feel like you guys just caught a bad break. If Rose was healthy, you guys would've seen Miami in the ECF.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Rose needs to take a full yr or more if needed (NO GREG ODEN)

Some key pieces of the bench mob will need to show & prove this next yr or leave

Boozer may need to go .....

Harden need to be in a bulls uni alongside Rose
Out of Brewer, Korver, Watson... I think CJ comes back. 

Emotionally...he needs to go now.  Realistically, probably after next season.

Scientific Method:
Ouch, I can't imagine. I have played for years, even at an "advanced" weight and been bless to have never suffered any injuries like that. My guy did though and he said you can hear and feel it snap.
You can absolutely feel it. I have a pretty high threshold for pain, and those are the most painful things I've been through by a LOOOOOOOOKOONG shot. The first time (left knee), I had never broke anything or tore anything, and I could have swore my leg got blown off from the knee down.
laugh.gif
Joint hurt SOOOOOOO bad. I had planted my cleat in the ground playing football, and a dude just straight up tackled me from the side, nothig dirty at all. But since I had JUST planted my foot to cut and he came at me from the side, my knee snapped like a damn twig.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It seems like a lot of Bulls fans want to move Boozer. One of my good friends is a HUGE Bulls fan and she's telling me how she wants him gone too. I agree, he is over-paid, but what are you other options?

I feel like you guys just caught a bad break. If Rose was healthy, you guys would've seen Miami in the ECF.
There lies the rub...which is why I am learning to be tolerant of him.  He is who he is...
eyes.gif

If Bulls management was smart they would shut Rose down for the entire 2012-2013 Season. Its going to take around 8 months for him to heal properly and by then the season will be shot or close to it. I wouldn't expect them to have a repeat performance of what they did without him this season. Its going to be worse, way worse. If their record is as bad as I think it will be they might as well not play him at all so he can even more rest, and they can work some other players. The only thing that will come from a quick return from D Rose is more of the same and could hurt his career in the long run. Its the best decision for D Rose, the fans, and the franchise
Amnesty Boozer. 

offing booz does nothing...actually with him, it can help the record go south

so get a better pick, then amnesty him next summer

-Boozer is not getting amnestied
-Rose will be back by April
-We're not getting Harden
-Brewer and Korver aren't free agents

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CAKE:
Pooh had the surgery this am... 
I believe he needs to sit and rehab it for at least a year.  So I would be fine not seeing him play until May.

There's too much invested in him to Greg Oden/Gilbert Arenas him
30t6p3b.gif
*trying to think of another Bull who took a year off to come back RIGHT*

I can only think of one dude, and things worked out, you know, decent for him.
laugh.gif

Left for a different reason though, lol.

I'm pissed about Rose and Joakim getting injured but what happens happens, its the Playoffs. I think the Bulls need to train Rose more after this season, get his injured areas healed and strengthen them for the new season

Tearing my ACL was very painful....and the rehab worse... but I'd gladly tear my ACL again then have another kidney stone. 

"He's not sitting out the entire (2012-2013) year," Reggie said. "We're just going to bring him back slowly. The biggest thing to do is not put a time limit on it, just when he feels comfortable.
 When he comes back, he has to learn how to trust his body. I tore my ACL in college. It's him learning how to trust his body."
-Reggie Rose, Derrick's brother.

Carlos Boozer is not getting amnestied, no one mention it again.

Bulls will add no one of significance this off season.

Brewer, Korver, Watson.....only one guy will be a Bull next season.

so if my march-april drose is ready to comeback yall still want him sitting out? ACL is a freak injury him not playing for over year will do nothing to stop it from happpening again. its more mental anyways when u start playing again trusting your body/knee once again.

get boozer off this team asap

i like asik but if a team calls about him and gives us a good offer then trade him. aka i would do asik for josh smith

it has to be kyle coming back

cj is done & ronnie basically gave the city his goodbyes on twitter the day after they lost

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

His brother is a %$++*$+ imbecile
30t6p3b.gif

why because he said something u dont agree with?

again Drose is not sitting out the whole year. even if this team is not in the playoff race he will still comeback to see how his knee feels playing a live game.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

I dont think Rose should sit the whole season. I think coming back in late January is enough time to Rehab if done properly.

listen to this guy and rose knees will be in the same shape as odens
Well given im a physician I think I have a little more insight

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

His brother is a %$++*$+ imbecile
30t6p3b.gif

why because he said something u dont agree with?

again Drose is not sitting out the whole year. even if this team is not in the playoff race he will still comeback to see how his knee feels playing a live game.

No because he is.But besides that the smart thing to say would be "There is no time table right now we're just focusing on his rehabilitation and him making a full recovery."If it takes him a season to get fully comfortable out there then that's what it takes. Hence he's an imbecile.

man ever since d.rose injury people have been talking RECKLESS on NT and realgm like he is a bum I hope he come back at 110 percent and go HAM on the nba. word to roy jones jr "yall must've forgot" 
30t6p3b.gif

Posted: Tuesday May 15, 2012 5:12PM ; Updated: Tuesday May 15, 2012 6:26PM

Bulls' Rose out 8-12 months

Story Highlights
Derrick Rose faces a recovery of eight months to a year from knee surgery
The Bulls' tar point guard could return around Feb. 1 or miss next season
Rose's doctor says he has a small cartilage tear in addition to a torn ACL

Read more: http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz1uyvPV9WX

Back
Top Bottom