Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

good move bulls. lopez is on a cheap deal for a big man and we get a young PG in return. bulls need to find way to get Calderon off this team.
I dont care what season he has with the knicks he was NOT playing with the bulls in the 17/18 season. The relationship was broken. I'll be happy if he does well with the knicks. wish it didnt go down like this just wasnt meant to be. all the best drose great memories for a bit.

if durant leaves westbrook to bulls next year to play with butler. book it!!!!

bulls should look into trading mirotric. would love to trade up to get sabonis

Westbrook to Chicago??? Lololololololololololol

And Sabonis is like 55yrs old and retired.

^^^^his son

if durant leaves you think westbrook stays? doubt it....where else would he go?

You guys will like Grant & Lopez. You'll probably hate Calderon. :lol:

Grant & Lopez give 110% every night. Lopez isn't flashy but does everything you want a big man to do. Grant didn't get consistent minutes last season but showed flashes of his potential when he did. They're legit good dudes. Take care of them :wow:

when i read news of the trade couldn't help but think of Wade's words about the disloyalty in Chicago...
mean.gif

^^^^don't want to hear that. Rose was talking about looking forward to being a free agent after 16/17 season. dude should be saying i want to work hard improve and earn a contract with the bulls.

^^^^his son

No top 3 free agent will ever sign with us. Guaranteed.

C'mon AR, I wouldn't go that far.
Bottom line is money talks, if the Bulls got the $$$ to spend they can get anyone, problem is our GM and VP sometimes lack the creativity to pull off moves.

Calderon is an expiring contract at 7 mill, Bulls could buy him out and it won't go against the cap.
RoLo is actually a pretty decent deal for a C. He's not going to demand the ball on the offense but he'll defend and rebound.

What some of you fail to see is the money that's being freed up.
Rose -21mill
Noah -13mill
Pau -8mill

That's over 40 mill freed up.
I still think the Bulls should refrain from throwing big money out there this year, outside of KD no one intrigues me.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, this team wasn't going to make it out of the East until Lebron retires (as much as it kills me to admit that). This team needed a shakeup bad and we finally got one. I don't want anymore false hope, I want a full on rebuild if it gets us one step closer to a championship.

I'll miss D Rose and thank him for making the Bulls relevant again, but it's time to move on and start looking forward. And if this experiment finally gets GarPax finally fired, then I'm for it.

Good riddance Rose!

Bulls did more for you then you did for us [emoji]128527[/emoji]
You wanna get rid of him? Fine. I'm cool with parting ways, but Jesus christ, Calderon and Brooks is what u get back??? Two bona-fide bums. Calderon is 49yrs old and they both make a buttload of money. We are garbage. Hot freaking garbage. Screw the front office. They have none of my trust.
roll.gif
nobody was given up anything for rose man 

C'mon AR, I wouldn't go that far.
Bottom line is money talks, if the Bulls got the $$$ to spend they can get anyone, problem is our GM and VP sometimes lack the creativity to pull off moves.

Calderon is an expiring contract at 7 mill, Bulls could buy him out and it won't go against the cap.
RoLo is actually a pretty decent deal for a C. He's not going to demand the ball on the offense but he'll defend and rebound.

What some of you fail to see is the money that's being freed up.
Rose -21mill
Noah -13mill
Pau -8mill

That's over 40 mill freed up.
I still think the Bulls should refrain from throwing big money out there this year, outside of KD no one intrigues me.
^^^^his son

We might as well have a billion dollars in cap space . NO GREAT PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY HERE!! THE FRONT OFFICE IS A JOKE AND IS NOW A DETERRENT TO QUALITY FREE AGENTS. Plus, every team will have millions to throw around. We are in basketball hell. HELL

I don't know everyone's personal history, but i'm 34 yrs young and have been a diehard, and I mean a DIEHARD , Bulls fan since 1990 when I fell in love with basketball and my team. I'm not stupid, I know how things work . Rose wasn't coming back after this season. Anyone that trusts Riendsnorf, Pax, or Foreman is an idiot. They all need to die. Die slow.

I don't know everyone's personal history, but i'm 34 yrs young and have been a diehard, and I mean a DIEHARD , Bulls fan since 1990 when I fell in love with basketball and my team. I'm not stupid, I know how things work . Rose wasn't coming back after this season. Anyone that trusts Riendsnorf, Pax, or Foreman is an idiot. They all need to die. Die slow.

I've never intentionally wished death on anyone, but I secretly pray every day that Reinsdorf dies from a massive heart attack so this franchise can be run right

The Bulls are going to be like Philly was 

If they trade Jimmy, then yes.

Honestly would rather go nuclear and trade Jimmy as well. Rebuild; no one is off limits. Otherwise we're looking at wasting Butler's prime like we did Derrick's, if he even had one.

I'm so confused. The Bulls organization is a joke. We got fleeced. Watch Rose ball out for the Knicks.

Fleeced?

Rose's stats in 2015/2016:

16.4 PPG (lowest since his rookie season)
4.7 APG
13.5 PER
51.1 TS% (below the league average)
42.7 FG%
.293 3P%
1.78 AST/TO
95 ORTG
110 DRTG

And mind you, this was his "best" season since the knee injuries. He had the lowest win shares out of ALL included players in the trade.

GarPax deserves criticism but not for one second am I buying that we got fleeced for the Rose trade. Truly appalling that some of you choose to live in the past and think that Rose was the same caliber player or even close to it. He's not.

if they trade jimmy..........

trading rose was terrible. been a fan of that dude since simeon days

That part! [emoji]128527[/emoji] :smh:

He wanted to leave so good riddance! Simple as that and he is gone now so move on.

His talks about his future health, wealth and free agency was so annoying. That's not the attitude of a champion.
So good riddance.

You guys will like Grant & Lopez. You'll probably hate Calderon.
laugh.gif

Grant & Lopez give 110% every night. Lopez isn't flashy but does everything you want a big man to do. Grant didn't get consistent minutes last season but showed flashes of his potential when he did. They're legit good dudes. Take care of them
embarassed.gif
Don't worry we will 
laugh.gif

I like Grant and Lopez but Calderon on the other hand 
mean.gif
 I seen Grant in ND and I was impressed by him, I feel like he can be a Solid Starting PG in the near future. I watched Lopez in Portland and he is the anti Pau, which I love because we need some toughness on the inside with Jo leaving. 

Take care of D.Rose 
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
I would have rather kept rose and maintained flexibility. Trading him is not an issue to me but what we got in return doesn't seem to add up.

If we get a PG and wing via draft and free agency we can be better than last season.

I like Harrison Barnes. He was the 4th option on a team loaded with talent and always had a quick hook on him.

I really hope we don't trade butler I don't see any upside other than becoming a perennial middle of the pack lottery team.

I would have rather kept rose and maintained flexibility. Trading him is not an issue to me but what we got in return doesn't seem to add up.

If we get a PG and wing via draft and free agency we can be better than last season.

I like Harrison Barnes. He was the 4th option on a team loaded with talent and always had a quick hook on him.

I really hope we don't trade butler I don't see any upside other than becoming a perennial middle of the pack lottery team.

Any GM with half a brain wasn't going to give up too much Rose he's damaged good for real. The move is ok at best we have a Center now, we don't have to use Cap Space for that position. I was reading teams wanted a first round pick just take Roses contract. I'm curious to see who they take at 14 we still need a wing. Dunleavy should be gone and they should see what they can get for Taj.

Grant should start next year just had him the reigns right away and see what him can do. Calderon should be the backup. They main priority in free agency should be Barnes he's definitely cost himself some money with that finals performance so maybe they can get him for a good price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom