CHICAGO RESIDENTS, I NEED SOME ADVICE.

LincolnPark - A whole lot of bars
Downtown Chicago- Do I honestly need to speak on that?
Naperville- You will have absolutely no business there
Good malls- Woodfield, Old Orchard is aight, stay away from Lincolnwood Mall, Harlem n Irving (HIP) Mall is aight
Food Sport- Superdogs, Wolfys!, if you like pizza, gotta get Giordano's, man there are too many food spots!

Ahhhhh Ill get back to you when I can think of more things.

^^^ i heard giordano's is the bomb! best deep dish i hear...we opted for gino's instead when we were there, good stuff too.

also...go here!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
822 N State St
n33809523_33071748_7674.jpg

if you like indian food, hit up devon ave. up north
TONS of indian restaurants, stores, etc.

haha! hey thanks for the head up!

Mr. J's is basically 10 minutes walking from where i live. I haven't had any deep dish pizza yet but will make sure to try it asap.

I have visited a couple of spots! It's cold yes, i will get on my north face game pretty soon
smile.gif

thanks everybody!!!

Originally Posted by JTOTHAO

haha! hey thanks for the head up!

Mr. J's is basically 10 minutes walking from where i live. I haven't had any deep dish pizza yet but will make sure to try it asap.

I have visited a couple of spots! It's cold yes, i will get on my north face game pretty soon
smile.gif

thanks everybody!!!
just make sure you bring cash to mr. j's, that's all they take
laugh.gif

and if you don't have a north face yet, hit up the store in the hancock

chi's got it all for you!!!

Gotta bump this as I probably am having an interview on Thursday or Friday in Chi...what's a nice 1-BR going to run me in Lincoln Park? It'll only befor 6 months, but I figure about $1200-1300/month? Any sites beyond craigslist for apartments?

Thanks all!

yeah chicago is mos def no place like any other...i haven't bene home in like 13 months on a count of this decidingit was a good idea to join thearmy...and now i'm in afghanistan...but can't wait to come back in june....also man if you're into djaying...hit up grammaphone on clark....andgotta hit up HOH @ north riverside...

Places to eat that aren't listed:

Hot Dougs
Jim's Original or Maxwell St. Polish off of Taylor on Union
Al's Italian Beef
There's this Hawaiian place close to Lincoln Park area, can anyone help me out thre?
See you in the summer for a game at Wrigley Field.
Wrigleyville for the bars after the games

hey man it's just a job....but your wlecome...Al's is the place...i always go with one of my girls to the one in norridge on lawrence ncumberland....but also ya can't forget gene n judes...

Originally Posted by djeo23

Places to eat that aren't listed:

Hot Dougs
Jim's Original or Maxwell St. Polish off of Taylor on Union
Al's Italian Beef
There's this Hawaiian place close to Lincoln Park area, can anyone help me out thre?
See you in the summer for a game at Wrigley Field.
Wrigleyville for the bars after the games

Let me add this place that I completely forgot about.

Buffalo Joe's in Evanston. I don't know how I forgot bout it but yeah pretty good. It was better before but it's still a decent find.

can anyone tell me if Westhaven Park in the Near West Side is ok? good information in this thread, btw.

Gene and Judes best Hot Dogs
Lou Malnati's best deep dish Pizza
House of Sushi and Noodles best Sushi
Georges Restaurant best Gyros
Al's best Italian Beefs
La Pasadita best Tacos
Wrigleyville best place to get drunk
Maxwell best place to eat while drunk
Chicago White Sox best team in Chicago.

How do you all feel about Bronzeville? I am taking my bar in Illinois and is looking at the area. I like it mostly because of its historical ties to the African American community. Is it still good, or has it been over run with crime?

crime can happen anywhere yo...i lived all over the city and i've seen cirme in every neighborhood...my boy live right at 96th and indiana right by abbot park...

Yo, I'm thinking about heading up to the Chi in the next couple years. I've visited several times and liked the vibe.

Is there any part of town (or suburbs) that you can get a nice townhome for $230K or less?

What about the females (black women in particular)? Do they show dudes love?

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Yo, I'm thinking about heading up to the Chi in the next couple years. I've visited several times and liked the vibe.

Is there any part of town (or suburbs) that you can get a nice townhome for $230K or less?

What about the females (black women in particular)? Do they show dudes love?

You are probably looking at the suburbs for that price.  You might find some stuff in the city depending on where you are willing to live.

Everyone gets love in the Chi

Back
Top Bottom