CHICAGO RESIDENTS, I NEED SOME ADVICE.

rogers park is not that nice of an area but its OK. if you are going to be working in downtown you can take the redline from rogers park all the way todowntown. plus 850 a month for an unfurnished studio is a bit much. the rogers park place is cheaper and probably more spacious. if you take the train itshould be around 30-35 minutes to get to downtown. hope you enjoy your time here. also where in italy did you live? you follow serie a?

thanks for the head up!

yes i definitely thought about the price of the studio being too much, but studio is really 10 minutes walk from work...tho i will have to buy furniture andthat would make it even more expensive.

I have heard rogers park is really differently populated, thing that make it much more interesting to me. the house seems beautiful tho.

By taking the train you meant the L red line? (would that be 30 minutes to downtown?)

I live in Rome, but originally from Cagliari - sardinia. Not much of a serie a follower but as you might imagine living here you are overexposed to that allthe time lol. What team you go for?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

dunno if true but i heard ppl in chicago are depressed
i think it's somewhat true; it is all about working here... although we do have a lot of festivities going on in the summer.

back to the topic - that studio does look a little too expensive. i'd go with rogers park out of them all, but definitely continue to shop around.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Yeah the weather here is terrible at times. I still wore a jacket during the end of May since it was so cold.

But you should visit Millenium Park it is a very nice spot to see.

Naperville is a really good neighborhood, very friendly people and surburban and has crap load of places to keep you busy.

Glenview, Lincolnshire, and Schaumberg are also good neighborhoods.

If you want to see nice places to eat you should look at this thread.

http://niketalk.com/topic/93612http://niketalk.com/topic/93612

Hhahah and please take a look at my post in that thread, becuase i think i have a good variety of restaurants
You just name the surburbs, and those surburbs take way too long for public transportation from downtown.

JTOTHAO- Hit me up on PM or AIM(DestinationKicks). My aunt's a Chicago realtor and has a vacant apartment or two for rent.

dont live downtown cuz its expensive. somebody mentioned around UIC, which there are lots of apt there. and the blue line is close so you have access totranspo and downtown from there is like 5-10 min. also the wicker park area is close enough to downtown. and the blue line is right there also.

weathere wise its unpredictable. really. it could be like 60deg around noon, and next thing you know its like 32deg an hour later. crazy.

lots of things to do. food. sports. bars. just have to look.

there are bad neighborhoods but i think you can figure that one out.

If you want a place that's urban, bohemian (sorta), eclectic and hip:

Wicker Park, Bucktown, Lakeview (Belmont & Clark area),Ukrainian Village, Logan Square, East Humboldt Park, and East Pilsen.

Also:

Lincoln Park
Roscoe Village
Lincoln Square
Andersonville
River North
River West
West Loop
South Loop

Thanks everybody!

anybody has informations on rogers park?

distance from downtown, good or not, etc etc?

thanks

rogers park is fairly far from downtown but you do have redline stations that you can hop on to get you downtown. if you live close to howard you can hop on anexpress train that would get you downtown faster than the other train that goes south to downtown. the neighborhood itself is very diverse but mostly latinoand black .

thank you!

Is it a enough safe neighborhood? i don't even mind what's the race of the population of the neighborhood as soon as it's not a ghetto.

Thanks again
smile.gif

thanks again oidreez!

another quick question for all you mass transportation users. How does it work in Chicago?

- is there a montly ticket that allows you to use all the trains/ els / buses?

- do they all need different tickets?

- what is the cost of a montly ticket?

thanks again and sorry for the bothering answering my questions. Hope i can be of any help if somebody is moving to italy.

thanks

alright!

i am finally in chicago and settled....in the end i got a good deal for a studio directly in the gold coast....5 minutes from work....nice place, small butnice!

Anybody wants to share his chicago secrets with me? spots? places? must see? must avoid etc etc?

Cmon i know you know something
smile.gif

thanks

you settling there for good? or it a temporary thing?

make sure to get your cta pass!!!

it will probably be for 18 months. I can basically walk to everyplace at the moment so i will get my cta pass soon
smile.gif

The city itself looks beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

sweet man. that gives you plenty of time. whenever i visit chicago, i just like to ride the rail, and check everything out. such a great city...amazingcontrast between the different parts of it.

i love to take the bus and ride myself but i didn't have time...will do that in the close future for sure
smile.gif

Checkout Niketown, The Magnificent Mile on Michigan Ave(yeah I know it's cold), Rock & Roll McDonalds, Hard Rock Cafe, House of Blues, and now I'mdrawing a blank.

Back
Top Bottom