Chicago underrated? ........ Vol. Windy City!!

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Just curious....how would you propose it be done?

hell..even in the suburbs people have to put the garbage out on the curbs for trash day.

Yeah, but in trash cans.

I swear I've seen in NY in the city, just bags piled on the curb. That's disgusting.

I don't how to fix it, what do I look like a city planner?
laugh.gif
Build alleys and invest in dumpsters…

My bad I can't edit from sidekick but Yeah if they had Alleys and Car Garages NY would be Less Dirty and there would be more parking on the streets.

Yeah, but in trash cans.
...in bags, in cans, is it not the same?

I swear I've seen in NY in the city, just bags piled on the curb. That's disgusting.
I'd be curious to see how Chicago handles waste management of high rise apts

Build alleys and invest in dumpsters…
alleys aren't possible in a city like NYC.
In Chicago...sure... given the amount of space there is

it is a bit gross...but it's not like it's sitting there for days and days

Hell naw, all that nasty garbage juice running down the front sidewalks and %%%$. Kids playing in it it... The smell must be atrocious.
sick.gif

They don't even have garbage cans in ny???

Yeah you're right Dirty ,

But when we're soooo used to seeing something , it's weird when we see something else .

I think NY should probably put it in cans though . Animals tear bags apart .

Dirty.

I live in 20 story building, and buildings of similar or more height surround. There are trash shoots on every floor that go down to dumpsters in a nook littletype area in the alley behind the building.

But might I suggest maybe NYC was ill designed if you don't have space for alleys. A suggestion. Tear down about 8 feet off the back of every building...And there you have an alley.
laugh.gif

I'd be curious to see how Chicago handles waste management of high rise apts

Usually by having big dumpsters and garbage shutes.
At least at my aunts place downtown, thats how they handle it.
Every wednesday a special truck comes and empties the dumpsters.

^yeah...but how does the city pick it up?...the trucks go behind the alleys?

most high rises have garbage shoots.

They had the foresight to invest in narrow garbage trucks.
laugh.gif

When I move to NY circa as early as this summer or possibly after grad school in two years I'm going to expect you've started my Pro-Alley movement inNY, Dirty.
laugh.gif

Chicago is the best city in the U.S.

It has the best food b/c it has a variety, all types of foods from all over the world along with different cultures as well...

There are gangs everywhere in the world. And if you stay where you should stay and don't wonder off into an unknown area that you have never seen, justdon't make eye contact and DONT ask for directions unless in a gas station with at least 7 other cars there.

I've lived here my whole life and have seen my fair share of messed up situations but Chicago is way better than New York. More things to do, WAY BETTERNIGHT LIFE...

Anyone from Chicago will tell you...Rush and Division on the weekend...is no joke...

NYC is dope...but Chicago is that
pimp.gif

Dirty ,

Garbage goes into those huge dumpsters , trucks drive through alleys , pick it up .

Garbage isn't seen .

Originally Posted by ghettokamel1

Chicago is the best city in the U.S.

It has the best food b/c it has a variety, all types of foods from all over the world along with different cultures as well...

There are gangs everywhere in the world. And if you stay where you should stay and don't wonder off into an unknown area that you have never seen, just don't make eye contact and DONT ask for directions unless in a gas station with at least 7 other cars there.

I've lived here my whole life and have seen my fair share of messed up situations but Chicago is way better than New York. More things to do, WAY BETTER NIGHT LIFE...

Anyone from Chicago will tell you...Rush and Division on the weekend...is no joke...

NYC is dope...but Chicago is that
pimp.gif
That pretty much sums up the Chi city
pimp.gif

The trucks still go through the alleys.

Man yall making me want to get back to the Chi again.. I used to go out there in my teenage years for the summer to chill with my folks. Haven't been outthere since I graduated high school 8 years ago. I do miss it though. However, my grandad lives on the South Side where dudes are reckless...there is no wayI'm taking my fam around them parts...
roll.gif

I still need to get back there though.
pimp.gif

^how do they pick up garbage in Chicago?
I will stand by this statement forever:

CHICAGO IS THE CLEANEST BIG CITY IN THE UNITED STATES!

When I first came here I was literally amazed at how clean they keep this place....then again I do live in The Loop
laugh.gif
. But even when I went to Chinatown, By Wrigley Field, and even over by Broadwayit was still clean. Also a Chi-dog ain't really my thing either. I don't like tomatoes, and there is to much stuff on one small bun. Celery Salt is
pimp.gif
though.

-The Juice

I was just in the city this past weekend visiting my girl at Loyola. She's at the downtown campus this year...two blocks off Michigan.
pimp.gif

We had dinner for a friend's birthday at Blue13...pretty nice place.

My girl and I stopped at the Taco Bell in Chicago Place. That mall is CREEPY! It's got like four stores, some levels are completely empty. Ya'llknow what I'm talking about?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom