China clones primates for the first time

A second Einstien, a second MLK, another great world leader...And we don't all deserve what actions a person of power takes. One person doesn't speak for the entire species.
Then why do we need a great world leader? :emoji_thinking:

Why not? Cloning can be used to further research and eventually may result in a cure for Cancer, Alzheimer, Parkinson, Diabetes, etc. Can't stop science because of ignorance.

If you couldn’t cured it on the first version of the person, how are you going cure it on the second version. Why do you even need clones to do this research? People get diagnosed with those diseases everyday.

Even if we used it to click me great people, it’s not their genes that make them(that’s pretty much the base of racism, btw), it’s their experiences. You can’t clone memories. If MLK was to be cloned today, there’s no way to say he’s going to be an activist. This MLK may not even care.

There’s no real reason other than, “because we can”, that’s the egotistical thinking that gets you ****** up. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

Planet of the Apes is about be a real thing.
latest

i think they would clone mlk just to make him as ignorant as possible

and then hold mlk2 as greater than our mlk

If you couldn’t cured it on the first version of the person, how are you going cure it on the second version. Why do you even need clones to do this research? People get diagnosed with those diseases everyday.

Even if we used it to click me great people, it’s not their genes that make them(that’s pretty much the base of racism, btw), it’s their experiences. You can’t clone memories. If MLK was to be cloned today, there’s no way to say he’s going to be an activist. This MLK may not even care.

There’s no real reason other than, “because we can”, that’s the egotistical thinking that gets you ****** up. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
We don't know enough knowledge about this subject to really have an opinion on what the person remembers and how they'll act, not too many people in the world does. We don't even know if a person conscious transfer into the new clone. All we know is it's possible to perform the process and that there's endless applications we can use it for. Cloning organs is one would be great for specimen replacement, scientific studies in medicine and disease, genetic augmentation, etc. Stem-cell research is the precursor version of this eventual break-through and this can potentially be another way to get away from being a victim of natural ailments and disease.

We don't know enough knowledge about this subject to really have an opinion on what the person remembers and how they'll act, not too many people in the world does. We don't even know if a person conscious transfer into the new clone. All we know is it's possible to perform the process and that there's endless applications we can use it for. Cloning organs is one would be great for specimen replacement, scientific studies in medicine and disease, genetic augmentation, etc. Stem-cell research is the precursor version of this eventual break-through and this can potentially be another way to get away from being a victim of natural ailments and disease.

Nice reply. :smokin

Just imagine the possibilities if the Federal Govt invested and research the properties of CBD as an alternative to other prescription pain medications like vicodin. But because of religion, politics, and the 'war' against drugs..we dwell in the stone age and the result... a national prescription drug epidemic. Same with the funding for research on stem cells!

Cloning organs, I’m down with that. All the way down. I just don’t see a reason for cloning whole persons. I know enough to know, at this time, there’s no way to transfer consciousness. Cloning isn’t like TV where you step, into a machine, hit a switch and a second “you” walks out. They’re starting from the embryo and pretty much growing a person. A blank slate.

I see you trying to live forever. I’m good.

Related to the discussion about clones being different people because they don't share the experiences that shaped the original person

Back
Top Bottom