Chris Rock’s first Netflix special debuts February 14th

$40 mill get that money chris. can't wait on of my favorite all time comedians.

Saw him during his tour last year. Expect a different Rock this time around as he talks a lot about his divorce and he blames himself. You can tell it's eating him up inside.

sad to hear, most comedians have a dark life.

I watched it, it was cool. Had some good laughs, some dry spots. It's hard watching legends. You have such high expectations from their classic material so it's hard for them to reach that. Martin's standup a year or two ago was awful and I'm scared to see Eddie come back.

It was funny seeing Spike Lee in row 2 or 3. There was a Hispanic broad in the front with some jugs. Need to see some of her.

Show was pretty average. He lacked his usual energy . Hopefully the second special is better.

I can't wait

tenor.gif

i watched this and eddie griffin undeniable back to back

between these two and dave they are giving that much needed social commentary

If you are well acquainted to Rock's work, then this special almost plays like a pastiche of sorts. I love Rock but I wasn't blown away.

I actually enjoyed Chapelle's special more, and found Dave comedy to be more "intellectual".

If you are well acquainted to Rock's work, then this special almost plays like a pastiche of sorts. I love Rock but I wasn't blown away.

I actually enjoyed Chapelle's special more, and found Dave comedy to be more "intellectual".

Yeah this was more in line with what we hesrd from rock before. It was slightly predictable. While Dave brought it. Honestly I'm hoping it was just rust. Similar to how Dave's first special wasn't his best. For me, Chris's energy was missing. I'm used to him being more loud and animated.

maybe if it was on hbo or showtime like these stand-ups special are usally on it would have been more raw. idk just taking a guess.

Just got finished watching it. It was good. I wouldn't compare it to Dave at all though. Totally separate.

maybe if it was on hbo or showtime like these stand-ups special are usally on it would have been more raw. idk just taking a guess.

Nah. The platform doesn't matter. If anything, he could probably get away with more on Netflix

For me, Chris's energy was missing. I'm used to him being more loud and animated.
He's going through his divorce and blames himself, which is the theme of this tour.

Back
Top Bottom