Christmas White Elephant Game..

Alright y'all. I need some major help for a gift. The minimum amt is 60.00. I'm trying to stay under 85. The thing is the present has to be for bothsexes. IDEAS?!?!?!

This is not for work right? And how are you suppose to buy a gift if you don't know who is it for?

I would say snuggie but is too low..how bout a massage pad you place on a chair or car seat?

For those who haven't played...

everyone buys a gift and brings it
draws a number..
each person goes up and grabs a gift in correspondence with the number picked..
each present can be stolen twice.

better played when drunk with all the friends and/or family.

Originally Posted by BayEST

For those who haven't played...

everyone buys a gift and brings it
draws a number..
each person goes up and grabs a gift in correspondence with the number picked..
each present can be stolen twice.

better played when drunk with all the friends and/or family.

What you mean each present can be stolen twice?

instead of going to the pile and opening a new present, you can steal one of your homies' present that he already opened...

so since u took his present, he gets to either do the same to someone else or pick a new unopened gift out of the pile...

and so it doesn't keep going, each GIFT can be 'stolen' twice.

Couple of suggestions in that price range... (and assuming you're a bit older since that's a pretty high price range for this game)

Costco sized bottle of Patron
A popcorn machine
High thread count sheets (lame, but I'd kill for these)
Plush Robe
Portable DVD player

Think of something you would want in that price range, but wouldn't really spend the money on (popcorn machine comes to mind with that one). I'm suresomebody within your group has thought of it at one time or another and would love a chance to get it for "free."

Sounds like Dirty Santa to me
grin.gif

I'm doing this White Elephant too but we set ours to $20. It is hard to get something for both sexes, edible things would be something I'd get.

I'm amazed by the $60 minimum. In our office, we're doing a $5 max. $60 wouldnt fly here. I'm sure the possibilities are greater with youramount. Oh well. Either way, its a fun little game. I'm the only dude in the office. There's probably like 10 women.

just found out about this game today... this girl asked me and the had a range of 10-20 bones...

i told her to get some headphones... like some earbuds or something...

for a $60 minimum... i say you stick to somethin for anyone...

lets say... a gift card to Macy's... or... the cheapest iPod you can get...

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Couple of suggestions in that price range... (and assuming you're a bit older since that's a pretty high price range for this game)

A popcorn machine
Plush Robe
Portable DVD player

Think of something you would want in that price range, but wouldn't really spend the money on (popcorn machine comes to mind with that one). I'm sure somebody within your group has thought of it at one time or another and would love a chance to get it for "free."

^ All good ideas.

I am forced to participate in a white elephant gift exchange every year that my girl and her friends do (and all of us husbands and/or boyfriends). Last yearI ended up with a super plush blanket from Pottery Barn. It may be the ghey or whatever, but it keeps me warm when I'm playin video games on the couch.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by ikari XD

A popcorn machine
Plush Robe
Portable DVD player

Think of something you would want in that price range, but wouldn't really spend the money on (popcorn machine comes to mind with that one). I'm sure somebody within your group has thought of it at one time or another and would love a chance to get it for "free."

^ All good ideas.

I am forced to participate in a white elephant gift exchange every year that my girl and her friends do (and all of us husbands and/or boyfriends). Last year I ended up with a super plush blanket from Pottery Barn. It may be the ghey or whatever, but it keeps me warm when I'm playin video games on the couch.
That too. really, just think along the lines of "damn, I'd love to have this, I just wouldn't see myself buying it." My friendsand I do a $20 one, and even then, there's still a lot of junk, with the occasional gift that gets stolen twice real quick (Watchmen and an airbed comes tomind)

WOW!
Yall play for alot of money.
But tool sets are always handy
But best thing is lotto tickets. Everyone will be after that.

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

WOW!
No joke. I had a white elephant one time and someone just brought $30 of scratchers as their gift. That thing got stolen twice with theQUICKNESS.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

WOW!
No joke. I had a white elephant one time and someone just brought $30 of scratchers as their gift. That thing got stolen twice with the QUICKNESS.

Were they dominican?
laugh.gif

j/k

I have never heard of this game till today. but 60 is a lot.

Back
Top Bottom