Christopher Nolans INTERSTELLAR (Nov 7, 2014) - Run Time = 2hrs 49mins

it just did nothing for me and i usually like sci fi adventures...i wanted to like it but it just left so much to be desired

that story development in the first half felt like molasses but then the ending felt rushed...

i would have probably appreciated it more had i seen it theaters, and not through other means...

Last edited:

1. Once Coop was able to get the data from TARS to complete the equation to manipulate gravity they were able to build the space stations and create livable habitats that orbited the solar system for the folks on earth. The time dimension was created by beings/future humans farrrrrrrrrrr in the future (as well as creating the black hole) to insure the whole plan with Coop and his daughter would work in the past.

2. They couldnt live on the planet, it was nothing but water and the only reason they came was because the guy who first landed there kept sending a signal as if it was a good prospect. Problem was he was dead and his data was transmitting anyways...if they knew that they would have never went.

3. Edmunds was dead, they show his burial with his patch on a pile rocks, she setting up camp to begin starting the colony.

4. I felt the movie started somewhat somewhat in the future even with the present time feel (although its never exactly detailed what year it was) and then the movie spans 70 or so years from there (and only a matter of the couple years for Coop on the Endurance mission)

5. His son passed I assume, his daughter was in her 80's it felt (and you assume she married dude or even someone else..didnt seem important) so about 70 years had passed by the time they found him floating in space (although it was hours for him time wise). I felt that part was weird as well, how there was so much emphasis on the love between them and then she just dismisses him lol but I get it. 70 years had passed, who knows how you react after that (although it wasnt 70 years for Coop) 
This movie was so much better the 2nd time around for me btw
Yup just finished watching it the second time and picked up on some things

All i gotta say is...This might be the greatest ******* thing ive ever seen

1. Once Coop was able to get the data from TARS to complete the equation to manipulate gravity they were able to build the space stations and create livable habitats that orbited the solar system for the folks on earth. The time dimension was created by beings/future humans farrrrrrrrrrr in the future (as well as creating the black hole) to insure the whole plan with Coop and his daughter would work in the past.

2. They couldnt live on the planet, it was nothing but water and the only reason they came was because the guy who first landed there kept sending a signal as if it was a good prospect. Problem was he was dead and his data was transmitting anyways...if they knew that they would have never went.

3. Edmunds was dead, they show his burial with his patch on a pile rocks, she setting up camp to begin starting the colony.

4. I felt the movie started somewhat somewhat in the future even with the present time feel (although its never exactly detailed what year it was) and then the movie spans 70 or so years from there (and only a matter of the couple years for Coop on the Endurance mission)

5. His son passed I assume, his daughter was in her 80's it felt (and you assume she married dude or even someone else..didnt seem important) so about 70 years had passed by the time they found him floating in space (although it was hours for him time wise). I felt that part was weird as well, how there was so much emphasis on the love between them and then she just dismisses him lol but I get it. 70 years had passed, who knows how you react after that (although it wasnt 70 years for Coop) 

This movie was so much better the 2nd time around for me btw
Yup just finished watching it the second time and picked up on some things

All i gotta say is...This might be the greatest ******* thing ive ever seen

I agree. I don't understand how people don't like it. I thought it was one of the most well done films ever.

I really enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to people who are willing to put in the time because of how grandiose and beautiful the movie felt. The ideas, the images, the music, and then the feels, man... I applaud Nolan's ambition and Zimmer's art.

I really enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to people who are willing to put in the time because of how grandiose and beautiful the movie felt. The ideas, the images, the music, and then the feels, man... I applaud Nolan's ambition and Zimmer's art.
amen to all this.

a lot of science/physics talk, i found it a little difficult to follow
mean.gif
do urself a favor, watch it again when ur alert and willing to really pay attention. it was a lil difficult to watch the first time, i kinda was annoyed thru certain parts and confused

Last edited:
do urself a favor, watch it again when ur alert and willing to really pay attention. it was a lil difficult to watch the first time, i kinda was annoyed thru certain parts and confused
i agree. I dont understand everything that was posted in here as a lot went over my head but just getting bits n pieces that i could under sttand and rewatching helped.

Plus when u first watch a movie you usaly are just along for the ride to enjoy rewatching it you know whats ahead but your looking to kinda dissect things.

Idk if that makes sense or not but hopefully it helps

2001: A Space Odyssey conditioned me to never trust robots in these movies, man.:lol:

TARS is cool in my book, but that whole movie I was sideeyeing him.:lol:

Still have some showings where I live. Finally caught the movie tonight, absolutely incredible.

Last edited:
this was the best movie i have ever seen. Im definitely adding this to the collection once it releases on blu ray

:smokin

I liked this movie all the way until the end. I just couldn't buy the scene where he comes to his daughter on her deathbed while all of his descendants are there; none of them gave a $!@! when he showed up :lol:

you see your 40 year old time/dimension traveling grandfather who also happened to help save the human race, and you have no reaction? Your daughter sends you away after talking to you for 30 seconds?

Overall the movie was good, and I'd definitely watch it again. I just didn't like the ending. Didn't HATE it (that's reserved for M Night type of endings) but it I feel like it could have been done better

Last edited:
Interstellar was friggin' awesome!

In Armageddon, they did a gravitational slingshot around the Moon.

In 2010, they did a gravitational slingshot around Jupiter.

In Interstellar, they did a gravitational slingshot around a freakin' supermassive black hole.

WINNER: Interstellar

smokin.gif

Black hole is a quantum singularity which contains all the matter that is sucked in(extremely strong magnetism) so I don't get how he got the the middle of a black hole. Good fantasy movie though.

I liked this movie all the way until the end. I just couldn't buy the scene where he comes to his daughter on her deathbed while all of his descendants are there; none of them gave a $!@! when he showed up :lol:

you see your 40 year old time/dimension traveling grandfather who also happened to help save the human race, and you have no reaction? Your daughter sends you away after talking to you for 30 seconds?

Overall the movie was good, and I'd definitely watch it again. I just didn't like the ending. Didn't HATE it (that's reserved for M Night type of endings) but it I feel like it could have been done better

yea i thought that was odd. definitely seemed/felt rushed during that scene. but the movie was already going long so they prob just said forget the feels.

other than that great movie IMO.

got the bluray and this has a nice soundtrack for those who have a properly setup home theater system. only way to watch movies IMO anyways. didn't realize it was running close to 3 hours, movie had me on lock!

So I guess in the end, future humans ended up creating that fifth timelessparadoxcenteroftheblackhole Dimension. Their can definitely be a sequel, and plus he has to meet up with Anne Hathaway so they can show the colony the 3rd planet.

Back
Top Bottom