Chronic Leg Pain: Can Anyone Give Me Some Advice?

How many of you have dealt with torn ligaments in your leg? I tore some ligaments in both my ankle and hamstring back in August and it still hasn't healed. I normally don't ever voice my emotions over the internet or talk about my personal life, but this injury has been eating me alive for the past 9 months. It goes in cycles between being extremely painful and stiff as my leg contracts or tightens. I feel like my whole world has collapsed. I was supposed to be at university this fall, but I had to withdraw and drop all my courses because of the pain I was experiencing. Since I've been back home, I basically have no energy. Every day feels like a grind and I'm not able to enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I don't even feel like I have the same enthusiasm for sneakers that I used to. It feels like I've grown apart from all my friends and they've moved on to do other things. I've seen massage therapists, acupuncturists, my doctor, and a naturopath to help heal my leg and nothing seems to really help. Any thoughts? I'm thinking surgery may be the only route at this point...

Get a GOOD doctor to check it out . If its still hurting you than the doctors you've seen obviously don't know what they're doing.

Seems like your only choice is surgery then. You already know the answer, just get up and do it. You really dont want to live the rest of your life like this, do you?

This sucks OP. I tore ligaments in a middle school flag football game and I was in serious pain but it didn't last as long as your pain. Do you mind telling us how you got injured?

Hopefully you don't have to go the surgery route.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

This sucks OP. I tore ligaments in a middle school flag football game and I was in serious pain but it didn't last as long as your pain. Do you mind telling us how you got injured?

I had a few minor injuries in my leg and I just continued to push through them and work out. I was lifting really heavy and trying to build a lot of mass. At a certain point I just think my body couldn't really handle it anymore. I was amped up on a %@%% ton of supplements. I've had problems with my legs throughout my life though. I think it may partially be because I'm flat footed.

Originally Posted by igniteandexcitee

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

I had a few minor injuries in my leg and I just continued to push through them and work out. I was lifting really heavy and trying to build a lot of mass. At a certain point I just think my body couldn't really handle it anymore. I was amped up on a %@%% ton of supplements. I've had problems with my legs throughout my life though. I think it may partially be because I'm flat footed.

Damn, all I can say is see a few more doctors and see what other options you have. If you gotta have surgery then get it done as soon as you can. This is temporary, you'll bounce back. Keep your head up.

Torn ACL and a shattered meniscus checking in.

The last 3-4 years have gotten really bad. I crack my knee in order to relieve discomfort, and I do this over 100 times a day.
Certain foods I eat causes inflammation in my knee, hindering the ability to get a good "crack" of the knee; if I cant, causes further discomfort.

Inflammation of the knee is also caused by the impact during physical activity...It sucks...50% of the height in my meniscus is gone...If I do a transplant, I can't play ball or run vigorously anymore
tired.gif

Damn I'd say do the surgery if it's having that bad of effect on your life. Just make sure you have insurance I would imagine that costs a fortune without.

It could be the back. I had problems with my L4 & L5 discs that caused bad shooting pains in my ankle & shins and would cause numbness in my thighs. Just made more core stronger and it went away. But before that the pain was terrible. Having to ice or heat just to sleep and not being able to walk at time.

Back
Top Bottom