Chronicle (Opening 2/3/12) Anyone watching?

It's only 6 reviews in so far, but it's getting good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

I've grown extremely tired of found footage movies, but I have high hopes for this movie and I feel like it'll work with the superhero genre.

Who's watching it?

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I'm tryna see this.....I'm feeling the storyline and Ima fan of Wallace.....[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Should be a cool movie, but I'm not expecting it to be something great[/color]
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)][/color]

Last time i watched one of these kind of movies (Jumper) I wanted my money back...

But.. this movie looks interesting . I might give it a shot

Saw it today.

The movie is
eek.gif
. You never really knew what was going to happen next. And the camera concept was executed better than Cloverfield. Must see for everyone.

I didnt like the Cloverfield cam effect. Thought it was annoying. The previews looked interesting, not sure what to expect. Might watch online.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Saw it today.

The movie is
eek.gif
. You never really knew what was going to happen next. And the camera concept was executed better than Cloverfield. Must see for everyone.

I saw it today too. I thought it was pretty good.

Don't click the spoiler if you haven't seen the movie for obvious reasons.

Spoiler [+]
I thought the movie almost was commentary on social structure and bullying. The Andrew kid grew up in a broken home, and Steve obviously didn't know how rough it was for him with his mom being sick and his dad being an alcoholic until he asked him. If they had never shared those powers, they would of never been friends. Andrew just keeps getting bullied and no one knows what his life outside of school is like. And that girl who dissed him for throwing up on her right before she was about to get her knees dirty.
laugh.gif

But Steve and Andrew's cousin Matt ended up becoming good friends with him the more they hung out. Which became like everyday. But he lived his entire life as an outcast and had a hard time accepting that. Like he was living life with a chip on his shoulder. The stronger he got, the more he would get revenge instead of taking the high road. After Steve dies and his dad snaps on him, he kind of stopped caring about the world because he didn't feel that the rest of the world cared about him. He ended up with a God complex because of his powers which just made it worse. Almost like a bullied kid coming to school with a gun, but on a waaaay larger scale.

The end though. When Matt says no matter what, he's going to find out what happened to them in that hole. I wonder if that's like a segway into a potential sequel.

I thought the movie was dope.

Saw the movie yesterday..

I enjoyed it very much.

The black dude's real name is Michael Jordan too
laugh.gif

I saw it and it was great but how it ended was UNNECESSARY. I mean did they really have to throw the dude into a thunderstorm when he was just trying to help?

Saw the movie on Wednesday, the CGI was enh, but it didn't take much away from the movie. The storyline was great and the acting was more than adequate. Definitely worth checking out.
Spoiler [+]
I loved when Matt basically gave away the end of the movie with his "hubris" speech, after Andrew was in the talent show. I hope people actually caught that.

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Last time i watched one of these kind of movies (Jumper) I wanted my money back...

But.. this movie looks interesting . I might give it a shot

Yes all this.  I said the exact same thing

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I saw it and it was great but how it ended was UNNECESSARY.  .................................................................

You're just kidding right?
SPOILER alert?? nothing?

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I saw it and it was great but how it ended was UNNECESSARY.  .................................................................

You're just kidding right?
SPOILER alert?? nothing?

Story about the no spoiler but come on he finally had things his way and he let the situation ruin him and those around him. 

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Once the extended trailers started coming out I grew more interested

Saw it last night at 10:15, movie was pretty solid, for it to be dude's first or second time directing, it just felt a little rushed the whole time, and I thought they could've explained a little more about some things.....did the handheld camera bother anybody? My theater was packed and when me and my friends were waking out people were saying it gave them headaches
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom