Circuit City to liquidate remaining US stores (Wiki and Informative Video on Pg 1)

http://www.iht.com/articl...rcuit-City-Bankruptcy.php

http://finance.yahoo.com/...quidate-apf-14083094.html

Sad day.� I haven't bought anything of significance from CC or BB in years, but I used to love going to CC as a kid and seeing everything.

UPDATE:
http://money.cnn.com/2009...y/?postversion=2009011614
The company said the sale would begin Saturday and run until March 31, pending court approval.

The retailer's Web site and call center will cease to operate after Jan. 18.

Going-Out-of-Business Sales Not Such a Bargain
http://www.youtube.com/v/fMiBVlXctM8&rel=1

WIKI

Circuit City liquidation questions and answers: 1/16/08

Q: Will Circuit City stores and the company Web site continue to accept Circuit City gift cards?

A: Yes, customers holding Circuit City gift cards may redeem them at full value at our stores during the liquidation sales. Once the stores are closed and the company is out of business, the gift cards will have no value.

Q: Are Circuit City's extended warranties affected by the liquidation?

A: No. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans[emoji]174[/emoji] (extended warranties) have been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15 years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City's closing.

Q: When will Circuit City's Web site, www.circuitcity.com, go off line?

A: Circuit City's Web site and call center will continue to operate through this weekend

Q: When will the liquidation sales begin?

A: Liquidation sales begin as early as Saturday and will last as long as it takes to sell through the merchandise at each of the stores. Sales are expected to wrap up by the end of March 2009.

Q: How much will merchandise be marked down, and can customers negotiate prices for the merchandise?

A: There will be clearance pricing, but specific discounts are not being announced. All sale prices are at the discretion of the liquidator. Prices are non-negotiable and all adjustments must be approved by the liquidator's on-site managers.

Q: What payment types will be accepted at the liquidation stores?

A: Stores in liquidation will accept cash, Circuit City gift cards and most credit cards. Personal checks will not be accepted. All sales are final.

Q: Will Circuit City's price matching policy or the One Price PromiseSM apply during the liquidation sale?

A: Because the liquidation company is in charge of the sales at the closing stores, their policies are in force. So, One Price Promise does not apply during liquidation events, nor does the company's Unbeatable Price Guarantee. All sales are final.

Q: What about returns and refunds?

A: Customers can return products they purchased prior to January 16 for a 14-day period for exchange or refunds. All other terms of return policy are in force.

When closing sales begin, all sales will be final.

Q: Will customers be able to buy products online at circuitcity.com and pick up purchases in the liquidation stores?

A: No.

Q: Will delivery service be available for products purchased from liquidation stores?

Q: When will Circuit City's Web site, www.circuitcity.com, go off line?

A: Circuit City's Web site and call center will continue to operate through this weekend

Q: When will the liquidation sales begin?

A: Liquidation sales begin as early as Saturday and will last as long as it takes to sell through the merchandise at each of the stores. Sales are expected to wrap up by the end of March 2009.

Q: How much will merchandise be marked down, and can customers negotiate prices for the merchandise?

A: There will be clearance pricing, but specific discounts are not being announced. All sale prices are at the discretion of the liquidator. Prices are non-negotiable and all adjustments must be approved by the liquidator's on-site managers.

Q: What payment types will be accepted at the liquidation stores?

A: Stores in liquidation will accept cash, Circuit City gift cards and most credit cards. Personal checks will not be accepted. All sales are final.

Q: Will Circuit City's price matching policy or the One Price PromiseSM apply during the liquidation sale?

A: Because the liquidation company is in charge of the sales at the closing stores, their policies are in force. So, One Price Promise does not apply during liquidation events, nor does the company's Unbeatable Price Guarantee. All sales are final.

Q: What about returns and refunds?

A: Customers can return products they purchased prior to January 16 for a 14-day period for exchange or refunds. All other terms of return policy are in force.

When closing sales begin, all sales will be final.

Q: Will customers be able to buy products online at circuitcity.com and pick up purchases in the liquidation stores?

A: No.

Q: Will Circuit City offer home theater installations during the closing sale?

A: Yes.

Q: Will Circuit City offer PC services and repairs at liquidation stores during the closing sale?

A: Services already underway at the liquidation stores will be completed promptly, but no additional jobs will be accepted at these stores.

Q: Will car electronics installations be available at liquidation stores during the closing sale?

A: No new car installations will be offered.

Q: Will Circuit City's extended warranties still be available on products purchased from liquidation stores?

A: Yes coverage is national and purchases will still be protected just as they always were.

Q: What if a customer purchased products at one of the stores and the product needs service?

A: For products covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty, customers should call the manufacturer. For products covered under Circuit City Advantage[emoji]174[/emoji], call the toll-free number that is printed on the bottom of the product receipt.

Q: Is there a phone number customers can call if they have additional questions?

A: Yes, the toll free number is 1 800 THE CITY (843 2489)

RIP. SMH at me getting rehired then getting the call later on in the day and saying the stores are shutting down.
laugh.gif

discounted #*+%.. i cant wait

gotta feel tho for those getting laid off.. its tough out there

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Discounted after they jack the prices. The illusion of sales is enough to get uninformed consumers to buy, but usually the sales aren't verygood in reality.

Damn, that sucks for all the emplyees. I thought they were gonna become that Canadian electronic company, I forgot the name

i did not see a date in the article when the stores will officially shut down

done anyone know the date ?

its another sad blow to the retail music/electronic business in America

Damn
smh.gif
will be checking them the next couple months...but I do feel for those who are gonna lose their jobs....maybe a month or so ago the CC @ union squarestill had a we're hiring sign at the top of the escalator....the mrs. Told meto apply, I told her it won't be around for that long...guess I was right
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Discounted after they jack the prices. The illusion of sales is enough to get uninformed consumers to buy, but usually the sales aren't very good in reality.
Word, like when CompUSA went of business down here. Them prices still were not low enough for any deals IMO.

wow that so crazy. and i was planing to work there a few months ago too
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Damn, that sucks for all the emplyees. I thought they were gonna become that Canadian electronic company, I forgot the name

Future Shop. That place was
pimp.gif
back in the day.

They're closing because of debt, so they might have a sale or something but I doubt they'd be able to afford to give that much of a deal in their lastdays.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

They're closing because of debt, so they might have a sale or something but I doubt they'd be able to afford to give that much of a deal in their last days.
The stock is already sold to local liquidators, it is their job to make a profit off the stock.
Circuit City is no longer in charge of pricing/staffing/advertising(maybe not even rent, not too sure).

great.. even MORE folk w/ experience that i have to compete against.. im never gonna get a job
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom