City's Signature Basketball Moves

I was wondering if cities have their own signature basketball moves.
A lot of people say that the modern day crossover came from DC, like the DC crossover was started by Iverson and Steve Francis.

What about Chicago, New York and Boston? Are any signature moves attributed to those cities?

shamm_baca.jpg

tumblr_ltjwx0AB6y1qjkukyo1_400.gif

The very WIIIIDE DC/MD crossover. I fell victim to it once in DC at the outdoor courts near Howard U (the one near the McDonalds), so by the time I made my way to Run N Shoot in District Heights I was prepared for it.

I was like this...

supermodel-finds-it-hard-to-walk-in-high-heels.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The very WIIIIDE DC/MD crossover. I fell victim to it once in DC at the outdoor courts near Howard U (the one near the McDonalds), so by the time I made my way to Run N Shoot in District Heights I was prepared for it.

I was like this...

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I was like this...

roll.gif
where is this from?

When I think of tricks from DC, I think of the "hands up." Basically a hesitation move that gets you to jump.
Examples

More hands up action. In the 2nd video Shack does it a few times. To me, to me, Shack's hands up is a sight to behold. 

The Shammgod has to be one of if not the deadliest cross in basketball. Only problem is that most people don't know how to master it. Easy to learn, but VERY difficult to master.

BTW, that "hands up" move is just a head fake
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

The Shammgod has to be one of if not the deadliest cross in basketball. Only problem is that most people don't know how to master it. Easy to learn, but VERY difficult to master.

BTW, that "hands up" move is just a head fake
laugh.gif

A head fake is done when a dribble isn't live. A hands up is during a live dribble. It is a hesitation move.

CP3 used to do the Shammgod a ton in New Orleans. They even had it as his move in nba 2k11.

He did it a few times this year too.

He got that center from the warriors with it.

Steve Francis has theeee best Hands up Ive ever seen.

He KILLTED someone with it when he was on the rockets .. gotta find the vid.

Back
Top Bottom