Classic albums that you don't think are classics Vol. GTFOOHWTBS

Originally Posted by Mw2889

Reasonable Doubt (Waits for Jay-Z riders).

Blueprint>Reasonable Doubt.

BLASPHEMY!!!
6d425a64847cd89658aac26cd344c50e77a9d33.gif
d7c150417d8e50a9a559ccc816c7ac0528a9be1.gif

** Leaves this post before i lay my eyes on any more absurd post**
smh.gif

wow the jay-z hate is hilarious.
nah no hate here...i jus t hink his only legit classic was reasonable doubt.

[table][tr][td]1. The Ruler's Back[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Takeover[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Izzo (H.O.V.A.)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Girls, Girls, Girls[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Jigga That N***a[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. U Don't Know[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Hola' Hovito[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Never Change[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Song Cry[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. All I Need[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Renagade[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Blueprint (Momma Loves Me)[/td] [/tr][/table]only songs i effed with was renegade,girls,and takeover sorry jus my opinion
ohwell.gif

everyone has their own opinion and i can understand why some people dont consider these records classics, but you have to put it in context of the time it wasreleased. albums like "2001", "college dropout", " " marshall mathers ep" are classics to me cause they changed where hiphop was going at the time. not saying that kanye was the first to do soul samples (even 'ye said he was basically biting rza), but he did make it moremainstream.

" the low end theory" and "illmatic" are the ultimate classics for me cause it raised the bar for lyricism and production.

for those sayin OB4CL is not boring.........is it exciting? do u get a rush from listening to it? do u sit there and say "aww man, this song got me hypedfor the rest of the day" do yall listen to it and go "wow, this beat is rockin" does this album get your adrenaline up? do u hop up out yourseat yellin "damn i gotta play that again, that was too sick, i cant believe i just heard that *!$*"???? (excuse the corniness, but yall get thepoint)

i expect everybody who likes this album to come in here and say "YES!" and toss me a stoneface. but i dont get any of those emotions from listeningto OB4CL. now, there is good music that does not elicit those types of feelings, im not sayin that this album is not good, im just sayin its boring.

while listenin to it, i felt like i was in a dark+!%@ alley in the rain while fiends was on the ground shivering in pure delight during their last seconds oflife. and i know that is exactly the kind of vibe they wanted to accomplish. and thats good. but i dont find that vibe EXCITING.

for those sayin OB4CL is not boring.........is it exciting? do u get a rush from listening to it? do u sit there and say "aww man, this song got me hyped for the rest of the day" do yall listen to it and go "wow, this beat is rockin" does this album get your adrenaline up?
Classic albums aren't suppose to do that. Is illmatic boring to you then? Just cuz it dont got no hype joints on it doesnt mean its boring
while listenin to it, i felt like i was in a dark+!%@ alley in the rain while fiends was on the ground shivering in pure delight during their last seconds of life. and i know that is exactly the kind of vibe they wanted to accomplish.
Thats whats makes it classic and the fact that you know the album is suppose to take you into another world lets me know the album did move yousome type a way.

smokin.gif

Classic albums aren't suppose to do that.
why not? so if a album came out that was universally excepted as a classic, that also made people hyped and #!$$, you'd be like "oh ##!!no!, this #!$$ made me feel like taking over the world, therefore it cannot be a classic
eek.gif
"

take you into another world lets me know the album did move you some type a way.
tired.gif

yea, i'll give OB4CL credit for being very cohesive and having an overall tone. albums nowadays lack that and its said. joints be all over theplace these days. with that said......OB4CL is boring as ##!!. Illmatic had great lyricism but the first time i heard it i thought it was boring also. good butboring. same thing with Reasonable Doubt, but eventually i began to like it, but they are in NO WAY as boring as OB4CL to me. that #!$$ is the worst.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Now for the sake of discussion and arguing, I'd like to keep this inside the lines nothing too crazy with the insults.

I'd also like ppl to explain why they think the album deemed as classic is not classic to them.

DrDre-2001.jpg

Now I'm not even sure if this is generally deemed a classic but I've met ppl and seen it on here as one to bring it up. this album undoubtedly has some classic songs on it but there are just too many filler, n plain joints on this that I'm not feeling. Dre really should've condensed this to a 14 track album. Songs like Ackrite, Housewife, Murder Ink, Light Speed, The Message(yes I know what the song is about but ehh), n Bang Bang just dont do it for me nothing at all like The Chronic with that West Coast feel. Its like the latter half of this is a big letdown and yea I know Dre doesn't write his rhymes but then there shoulda been more Em on this album or a better West Coast MC than the Hittman.

Discuss n list your own Imma do this 1 album at a time just in case of an insane amount of flaming.

smokin.gif
I agree,I never really thought this album was a classic.

i don't feel that reasonable doubt is a musical classic either. it's a classic because of who made it, not because of the music.

I was gonna stay out of this thread but cot damn.. this, THIS is just down right blasphemy. I listen to the this CD almost everyday. CD beenin the whip for a good 3 months straight. D'Evils, Dead Presidents, Politics As Usual, Coming of Age, Regrets, Bring It On (one my favorite Jayverses),... The whole damn CD is nice. I do skip over "Aint No _" but everything else is just great.

I agree that Blueprint is a reach but RD is definately a classic.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

eek.gif
Y'all don't get down with Chronic or 2001 like that?

Unfathomable to me, both of those albums are easily classic and timeless music

[color= rgb(204, 102, 255)]Matt b/c it's weedhead music. It sounds amazing when you are blunted ... I don't have to elaborate.[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No sir you do not. It's also gotta be a Cali thing, those albums were the soundtrack to my life for YEARS

IWW is definitely not classic, and I wouldn't call any single Eminem album classic either

That's understandable. Sometimes the times / emotions attached to albums attributes to whatalbums we call classics. I know when I was in the 'sip MTA was my soundtrack ... I can still play that CD front to back ... def a classic to me ... but youwon't find too many other ppl that think so and southernplayalisticadillacmuzik will always be my favorite b/c of the nostalgia of where i was when i wasOD'n on it.

why not? so if a album came out that was universally excepted as a classic, that also made people hyped and #!$$, you'd be like "oh ##!! no!, this #!$$ made me feel like taking over the world, therefore it cannot be a classic
eek.gif
"
My fault I meant to say not every classic album is suppose to do that. Not every classic album is a hype joint and a Hype album can be a classicbut they are not musts in making an album. Sometimes you gotta listen to an album and know what direction its going in and what they really tryin to say withthe theme. Listen to OB4CL in the winter walking home from school(preferably near a projects and or manhattan at night)

smokin.gif

Now for the sake of discussion and arguing, I'd like to keep this inside the lines nothing too crazy with the insults.

I'd also like ppl to explain why they think the album deemed as classic is not classic to them.

DrDre-2001.jpg

Now I'm not even sure if this is generally deemed a classic but I've met ppl and seen it on here as one to bring it up. this album undoubtedly has some classic songs on it but there are just too many filler, n plain joints on this that I'm not feeling. Dre really should've condensed this to a 14 track album. Songs like Ackrite, Housewife, Murder Ink, Light Speed, The Message(yes I know what the song is about but ehh), n Bang Bang just dont do it for me nothing at all like The Chronic with that West Coast feel. Its like the latter half of this is a big letdown and yea I know Dre doesn't write his rhymes but then there shoulda been more Em on this album or a better West Coast MC than the Hittman.

Discuss n list your own Imma do this 1 album at a time just in case of an insane amount of flaming.

smokin.gif

DrDre-2001.jpg

smokin.gif

why not? so if a album came out that was universally excepted as a classic, that also made people hyped and #!$$, you'd be like "oh ##!! no!, this #!$$ made me feel like taking over the world, therefore it cannot be a classic
eek.gif
"
My fault I meant every album isnt meant to be a hype one. A classic album doesnt need to be hype to be classic just liek a hype album can beclassic. Im just saying sometimes you gotta know what direction the album is going in you dont need ya adrenaline pumping on Reasonable Doubt sometimes youjust need to see what type of sound and feeling the album is trying to create. Most Wu albums are winter albums listen to OB4CL in the winter walking home fromschool/work)preferrably in one of the NY boroughs

smokin.gif

I was gonna stay out of this thread but cot damn.. this, THIS is just down right blasphemy. I listen to the this CD almost everyday. CD been in the whip for a good 3 months straight. D'Evils, Dead Presidents, Politics As Usual, Coming of Age, Regrets, Bring It On (one my favorite Jay verses),... The whole damn CD is nice. I do skip over "Aint No _" but everything else is just great.
i look at it like this; if i wanted to, i could listen to this album all the way through. but i never do, and i haven't in a long time.it's really a challenge to play this record front to back without pressing the skip button.

can't like everything. albums dope though, just not a classic.

I hate these threads...

i agree. nobody can give an opinion without someone else taking it personally. nobody is blatantly disrespecting anybody, the music just isnt that personsstyle.

nobody is blatantly disrespecting anybody, the music just isnt that persons style.
right dudes actiin like i said i wanna sacrifice jiggas first born or somethin. i jus didnt feel BP...but i love RD.

and FOR THE RECORD...NAS HAS 2 CLASSIC ALBUMS...ILLMATIC AND LOST TAPES!
grin.gif

^ i think people understand that, but it's hard for others to look at a differing opinion and not try to change it. i know that i have wanted to respond tosome more comments in this thread, but it's just an opinion. we're all different.

Back
Top Bottom