Classic Car. all JDM or car heads tune in.

Sup NT..
I have been looking for a project car lately. and i have narrowed down my cars, to a Datsun 510 ( all models 1968-1973)
and a VW Karmann Ghia or a mid 70's Beetle.
Spending 500-1800 ( i know its low but i want a project car)

Found a 1962 karmann ghia for 900 running and all, the car is great and its 4 speed,, needs a completely paint job to remove rust needs new bumpers ,seats and some lights all done.  Big problem is NO A/C car never came with it. its about 1500-2000 to install and all this is a need since i do  live in South FL

and i Found a 1971 Datsun 510 wagon wants 1600 obo .. Complete car.. not running Auto,a/c,needs fuel system cleaned, little rust on hood and trunk
the guy is willing to go down alot more.

i have no problem 2-4 grand on fixing each car. cant make up my mind

What do you think?
szvi20.jpg

2n71s9k.jpg

Sup NT..
I have been looking for a project car lately. and i have narrowed down my cars, to a Datsun 510 ( all models 1968-1973)
and a VW Karmann Ghia or a mid 70's Beetle.
Spending 500-1800 ( i know its low but i want a project car)

Found a 1962 karmann ghia for 900 running and all, the car is great and its 4 speed,, needs a completely paint job to remove rust needs new bumpers ,seats and some lights all done.  Big problem is NO A/C car never came with it. its about 1500-2000 to install and all this is a need since i do  live in South FL

and i Found a 1971 Datsun 510 wagon wants 1600 obo .. Complete car.. not running Auto,a/c,needs fuel system cleaned, little rust on hood and trunk
the guy is willing to go down alot more.

i have no problem 2-4 grand on fixing each car. cant make up my mind

What do you think?
szvi20.jpg

2n71s9k.jpg

none of them OP. they are all weak, UNLESS you already have a SOLID Daily Driver. you ould look for an old R32 skyline if you want to restore something and still turn heads

none of them OP. they are all weak, UNLESS you already have a SOLID Daily Driver. you ould look for an old R32 skyline if you want to restore something and still turn heads

Originally Posted by De La MONEY

Forgot to mention i have a 2010 Lancer.. Daily driver..

Originally Posted by De La MONEY

Forgot to mention i have a 2010 Lancer.. Daily driver..

I drive a 93 silvia. Personally I love boxy styled cars like the 510. A friend of mine just recently swapped a DOHC KA into the 510, and it moves. 
I'm looking into getting a Toyota cressida wagon. next year. 

toyota_cressida_85_040_01.jpg

In your case I'd go for the 510 for sure.

I drive a 93 silvia. Personally I love boxy styled cars like the 510. A friend of mine just recently swapped a DOHC KA into the 510, and it moves. 
I'm looking into getting a Toyota cressida wagon. next year. 

toyota_cressida_85_040_01.jpg

In your case I'd go for the 510 for sure.

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

240z

i live in South Florida everyone has a 240 or honda..... EVERYONE!!!!!..
and for the AE86 not my type of car

You're thinking about the 240sx, im talking about the 240z.

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

240z

i live in South Florida everyone has a 240 or honda..... EVERYONE!!!!!..
and for the AE86 not my type of car

You're thinking about the 240sx, im talking about the 240z.

I like the VW.

I live in this sauna also, but if you drive fast enough, you won't sweat that much. Your shirt will be soaked though. Everyday.

Put the A/C in.

I like the VW.

I live in this sauna also, but if you drive fast enough, you won't sweat that much. Your shirt will be soaked though. Everyday.

Put the A/C in.

I'd love to build a 510 coupe, but I don't like the wagon at all. And that's hard for me to say because I LOVE wagons.

If you want to do an old wagon, get a Type 3 Squareback. They're dope; by far my favorite aircooled VW.

The ghia is a cool car too, but they have a lot of quirks (like all aircooled VW's).

With a lot of old cars, you have to build a large buffer in your budget. There's always going to be little things that go wrong or need done that you don't originally think about. If your "realistic" budget is $2-4k in resto, you better have $5g's ready to go.

I personally would keep looking. To me, neither of those would be worth dropping that kind of money into. There are a ton of clean platforms down south because they didn't all rust away.

I'd love to build a 510 coupe, but I don't like the wagon at all. And that's hard for me to say because I LOVE wagons.

If you want to do an old wagon, get a Type 3 Squareback. They're dope; by far my favorite aircooled VW.

The ghia is a cool car too, but they have a lot of quirks (like all aircooled VW's).

With a lot of old cars, you have to build a large buffer in your budget. There's always going to be little things that go wrong or need done that you don't originally think about. If your "realistic" budget is $2-4k in resto, you better have $5g's ready to go.

I personally would keep looking. To me, neither of those would be worth dropping that kind of money into. There are a ton of clean platforms down south because they didn't all rust away.

Back
Top Bottom