Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washington Wizards - Game 1 Post Sat, 4/19 12:30pm ESPN

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm reading The Plain Dealer (Cleveland paper), and it is just FILLED with DeShawn Stevenson/Gilbert Arenas hate.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
F the PD. Most of the writers picked the Wizards...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

^on second thought, it wouldn't surprise if it went to 65 or 70 pages before the lock

smh.gif
smh.gif

Yeah, Cause you got the Kobe Haters/Lovers, AI Haters/Lovers, Melo Lovers/Haters, Warriors fans, Lebron stans, real laker fans, Laker Bandwaggoners, inaddition to the normal game commentary etc....

Yeah, i'm gonna go w/ 70 pgs...
laugh.gif

No way in hell should this thread have more pages than the spurs/suns game. NO WAY
laugh.gif
There gotta be a ton of haters in here...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

^on second thought, it wouldn't surprise if it went to 65 or 70 pages before the lock

smh.gif
smh.gif

Yeah, Cause you got the Kobe Haters/Lovers, AI Haters/Lovers, Melo Lovers/Haters, Warriors fans, Lebron stans, real laker fans, Laker Bandwaggoners, in addition to the normal game commentary etc....

Yeah, i'm gonna go w/ 70 pgs...
laugh.gif
seriously
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Super Noblekane

No way in hell should this thread have more pages than the spurs/suns game. NO WAY
laugh.gif
There gotta be a ton of haters in here...
You know there is. People I've never even seen root for Washington even came through.

The L.A./Denver thread though, y'all forgot to mention if it goes to OT... 75 pages minimum.

eek.gif
roll.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Article published Apr 20, 2008
[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica]LeBron should go back to class
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
April 20, 2008
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
By Tom Knott - CLEVELAND.

LeBron James should be suspended from Game 2 after being unable to control his inner bully yesterday.

James deposited an elbow in the face of Andray Blatche with 11 seconds left in the first quarter. He then twice threatened to drop an elbow on Brendan Haywood, first to his groin region and then to his face, after the two became tangled near the end of the first half.

Players from both teams rushed to aid James and Haywood, and not surprisingly, referees Bob Delaney, David Jones and Scott Foster decided the Wizards were the principal instigators.

See how that works? James threatens Haywood's capacity to sire children, and it is considered bad form on Haywood's part to have a reaction to it.

And it also was considered bad form on the part of Antawn Jamison to make inquiry. And you could understand Jamison's concern. It is not every day that an NBA player makes a move on another player's groin.

This is James, the schoolyard bully who sometimes exhibits little class. It is as if he cannot let his wondrous talent tell his story. He has to add a strut, a glare and an elbow or three.

Do not expect the league office to act in a persuasive manner with James. He is a top-five player in the NBA and a Nike pitchman.

The league probably will fine James and be done with it. Yet if it was anyone else but James - let's say Gilbert Arenas was delivering elbows in Game 1 - you can be certain the culprit would be sitting tomorrow night.

As it was, the Wizards and Cavaliers gave a familiar show.

James finished plays in the final minutes, the Wizards became tentative, out of sorts, and the Cavaliers won a game 93-86 that seemingly could have gone the other way.

But that is usually how it goes between the Wizards and Cavaliers in the playoffs.

The Wizards appear on the cusp of victory, and James proceeds to rip their hearts with one drive after another to the basket.

After Arenas scored on a layup to put the Wizards up 84-82 with 4:38 left, they did not score again until Caron Butler converted a meaningless layup with four seconds left.

"We got good looks down the stretch, and it could have gone either way," Arenas said. "With a player like [James], it is hard to stop him. There really is no answer for him. When the game is on the line, if I have the ball, I am going to try take over, too. LeBron responded at the end of the game. That is what great players do."

Arenas dismissed the suggestion that the Cavaliers own the psyches of the Wizards.

"We can't think about the last two years," he said. "It is just Game 1."

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown said he liked how his team responded to the high emotions between the teams.

"It was a tough, physical, hard-fought game," he said. "Washington went on a run. We had the little skirmish. And we still kept our composure. And that is what you have to do in the playoffs. There were a couple of times in the game where we could have let the referees or the skirmish bother us."

Brown did not object to the extraneous actions of James.

"When he drives to the basket, it's a tough situation because he is a big, strong man," Brown said. "He gets hit and hammered around. I didn't see him throw an elbow. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. I don't know."

For Wizards coach Eddie Jordan, the game-closing proclivities of the Cavaliers has a "Groundhog Day" quality to it.

"Is it a broken record?" he said. "To a certain degree, it is because LeBron can get to the basket and make plays."

James made shots around the basket, the Wizards settled for jump shots, and that was the difference.
[/font]
This guy HAS GOT TO BE KIDDING.

As if Lebron didn't get mauled...

^ when the cavs send the wizards home in a few days, this will be a main arguing point, trust me. "if lebron was suspended like he should have been ingame 2, the series would have been different" Wizards and their fans already getting their list of excuses ready, lookin longer than my grocery list.

Back
Top Bottom