Cloud Atlas (26 October 2012) Directed by Tom Tywker and the Wochowski brothers

Movie is too much for the mainstream audience to grasp, let alone the six separate storylines ....from the way the book was written (second half is written backwards), it was a really difficult task to even construct a film out of this

That being said I'm definitely checking this out....Argo seems like the go to flick with a group of friends (i.e. Dark Night, Avengers), Cloud Atlas would be asking that same group of friends to step outside the box a moment and risk walking out of the movie like
eyes.gif
 instead of
pimp.gif

it's either this or IRON FISTS (RZA in it lol :D) can't decide what to watch first

Hey_
Nobody had/has a problem with the "Yellow-Face" in this movie?
Julius F. Wrek
*raises hand*

This film was one of the best films in the past decade, but some things just didn't work for me. The yellow face for one, the amount of plot holes. But still an Amazing film.

Just saw the movie last night. Haven't had the chance to read the book yet. I loved it though, one point that particularly struck a cord with me: I liked how they portrayed all of man's mistakes with their vices/afflictions over the ages basically saying they've been made for us before, they need not be made again. And my god Halle is fine. Was that her as the composer's wife?

Just saw the movie last night. Haven't had the chance to read the book yet. I loved it though, one point that particularly struck a cord with me: I liked how they portrayed all of man's mistakes with their vices/afflictions over the ages basically saying they've been made for us before, they need not be made again. And my god Halle is fine. Was that her as the composer's wife?
Yea I believe so
asked myself that same question and didn't see it until the 2nd or 3rd time

I liked how they showed the insignificant one to be the main motivator in action

saw this film with my Phil prof so I felt forced to analyze every damn second :lol:

Great film highly recommend it

Can you elaborate on the insignificant one being the main motivator in action? Still trying to wrap my head around all themes and I may have missed this

Can you elaborate on the insignificant one being the main motivator in action? Still trying to wrap my head around all themes and I may have missed this

It was introduced somewhere in the film by the .. bear with me :lol: Im gonna have it was when Somni was told she was "the one" but she claimed she was a server and didn't know what to do but when she saw the truth she was the one who started the revolution

was also visible when;

the old quiet guy was the one who spoke up at the bar
the lawyer realizing slavery was wrong or the slave?
Hallie getting tipped the info about the nuclear accident
the sick girl

I believe im missing some stuff or have stuff wrong :lol: just going off my head but ill go deeper after my memory kicks in, I remember it clicking in the theater

I got
It was introduced somewhere in the film by the .. bear with me :lol: Im gonna have it was when Somni was told she was "the one" but she claimed she was a server and didn't know what to do but when she saw the truth she was the one who started the revolution
was also visible when;
the old quiet guy was the one who spoke up at the bar
the lawyer realizing slavery was wrong or the slave?
Hallie getting tipped the info about the nuclear accident
the sick girl
I believe im missing some stuff or have stuff wrong :lol: just going off my head but ill go deeper after my memory kicks in, I remember it clicking in the theater

I got you now. A passive aggressive approach to starting the revolution so to speak. I suppose another example would be the gay couple, and his lover more or less inspiring the musician.

Back
Top Bottom