Club Photography Help! Pics included

Whatup Nt. I have just purchased a Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XTi with a Canon Speedlite 430ex flash. I am a club photographer and pretty new to the cameraworld(went from a sony cyber shot to canon rebel). I was wondering if you nt'ers had any info as far as settings, light help or any clue to what functionsthe camera has. Ie black and white photos, blurry backround etc etc. These are some photos I have taken with the rebel xti. Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by Lance With Antss

2qsscb5.gif

I don't know much about photography, but those pics to an average club picture viewer (me) look pretty good.

laugh.gif
@ club photography.

I don't know how you're a club photographer if you just got a real camera but nonetheless... A few kids I know who I goto to school with do clubphotography on the side because literally you could teach a monkey to do it and if you have big !%! camera and flash some moron club promoter will pay areasonably absurd amount for what your doing. But to settings pretty much the staple of most club photography is shutterspeed priority on like 1/60 or whateveris the slowest shutterspeed you can handhold with the flash on TTL and it's helpful to have a slight wide angle lens, inbetween maybe 20-35mm you could gomore wide angle but then you're an %+*$@## just saying "I suck, so I got a super wide angle to make my photographs look cool" to anyone with halfa brain. Also an basic understanding of bouncing or difusing the flash and knowing which to do where is quite helpful, but if you can't do club photographyyou need to pawn the camera and figure out something else...

But just from the photos I'd say that 99% percent of club promoters will probably be good with the pictures you took because the girls are pretty muchwildly attractive and as far as the stories I've heard thats all they pretty much care about, but a photographer is going to tell you can't light for%@@#. If you don't own a difuser for that flash you should and figure out when you can and can't bounce the flash. Boucing the flash is key for goodlighting in space like clubs.

^^^basically.

but yeah, most promoters probably just want pics of cute shorties, preferably holding drinks.

I guess I could have chimed in, make sure you are getting pics of the females that show off the joint as well. I know my boy use to tell me that. when he wasshooting. Oh yeah real talk in the photography world this is sort of frowned up. If you want to really use that camera, get out and do more. Like Ebay says youreally could teach a monkey how to perfect this type of pjotography. NOTHING AGAINST YOU THOUGH, lets get that straight, its just a common outlook my friendshave.

I feel you rowen. I would like to do more with the camera but like I said id like to know more about the functions on the camera. Ebay thanks for your advice.I will look further into it.

only thing i would say is that your making em too bright...that can always be touched up in PS though-

i'm a club promoter and when i started out i ended up behind the cam a couple times...some shorty i know that goes to school for this stuff set the cam upto do some crazy stuff with the background and that was that
laugh.gif
think ithas something to do with keeping the lense open longer...

search on it theres info out there on iso settings and stuff like that....the key thing with club pix is GETTING the shots...so getting that dope group ofgirls to take one or catch that group of guys that are too cool having fun...what you have there is fine from a club goers view...i would touch them up in PSbut thats about it...its not artwork so don't pay attention to the elitist negativity

Thanks kingtre. Do you know where I can find the info on the iso settings? Or ask your homegirl if she can school me on the canon rebel cause this camera isnot user friendly at all. And as far as the negativity I dont pay any mind to it. I just wanted some pointers from people who know more about the camera than Ido. Appreciate the help dude

By the way, What clubs do you promote for?

Originally Posted by Kingtre

only thing i would say is that your making em too bright...that can always be touched up in PS though-

i'm a club promoter and when i started out i ended up behind the cam a couple times...some shorty i know that goes to school for this stuff set the cam up to do some crazy stuff with the background and that was that
laugh.gif
think it has something to do with keeping the lense open longer...

search on it theres info out there on iso settings and stuff like that....the key thing with club pix is GETTING the shots...so getting that dope group of girls to take one or catch that group of guys that are too cool having fun...what you have there is fine from a club goers view...i would touch them up in PS but thats about it...its not artwork so don't pay attention to the elitist negativity

I think your talking about shutter? I don't know much about cameras.

Thanks Devanisgee. Ill look further into it. And ill enjoy the camera more when I get the ladies from the club to my house for a personal photo shoot

Back
Top Bottom