Co-Habitation With Your Significant Other.

Before we were married living in the house I bought prior to her I paid for everything besides groceries. She handled cooking, cleaning, and if she wanted to change decor or paint colors it was on her.

After a couple years of that we married and bought a house together and at that point we had joint accounts. She handles all the bills but I make about 5x what she does so I pay most but it's our money so it's one in the same.

She's pretty good with managing money she handles the bills for our house as well as our new vacation condo that we will close on next week and all the expenses with our rental properties.

I just work, fix everything that breaks, and deal with the tenant issues.

I have lived with a couple women over the years, I would never get married before I lived with someone. My wife was the only one that after living with for more than a month I didn't want drive my car off a cliff.

How many rental properties do you own, if you don't mind me asking?

Actually kinda curious myself. Looking to get a second place this summer. Already own a duplex and considering making that jump to an apartment.

Also been helping my girl stack and get into some real estate ventures herself.

Actually kinda curious myself. Looking to get a second place this summer. Already own a duplex and considering making that jump to an apartment.

Also been helping my girl stack and get into some real estate ventures herself.
1331791926991.gif

Just playing. Need to help put some NT fam on!! How much capital did you start out with?

Well our new condo is in myrtle beach,SC. We vacation there often so when we were down at the end of May we want ahead and bought a nice little 2bed/2bath. For our personal use.

Rental properties we are up to 26 units. Some are single family, but most are duo/tri/quad plex units. Parents helped with a house in college that I then rented out to my friends in college. Didn't cost me or my parents a dime over 4 years to live. I then rented that place all the way out when I graduated in 2006. Used Helocs from that place to start buying more while I was working my actual job. We save a lot each year so we try to buy at least 1 a year. Plus in my area southern Indiana/Louisville i can buy a 60-80k place and rent for 800-1200. We put all the rent towards the mortgage on the properties to pay them off as fast as possible. Wash and repeat, not real sophisticated of a process. Just takes a little effort to make sure we live below our means now so hopefully we can retire by 45 hopefully.

Let me add I make really good money so that helps a lot

Last edited:
Well our new condo is in myrtle beach,SC. We vacation there often so when we were down at the end of May we want ahead and bought a nice little 2bed/2bath. For our personal use.

Rental properties we are up to 26 units. Some are single family, but most are duo/tri/quad plex units. Parents helped with a house in college that I then rented out to my friends in college. Didn't cost me or my parents a dime over 4 years to live. I then rented that place all the way out when I graduated in 2006. Used Helocs from that place to start buying more while I was working my actual job. We save a lot each year so we try to buy at least 1 a year. Plus in my area southern Indiana/Louisville i can buy a 60-80k place and rent for 800-1200. We put all the rent towards the mortgage on the properties to pay them off as fast as possible. Wash and repeat, not real sophisticated of a process. Just takes a little effort to make sure we live below our means now so hopefully we can retire by 45 hopefully.

View media item 2082139

Hoping to get my first rental property by this time next year.

Set your mind on doing it and you will. Interest rates make it hard for me not to go crazy right now on some higher unit properties. But, I'm a little uneasy with the economy so I'm sticking to the PM markets for the remainder of this year.

1331791926991.gif

Just playing. Need to help put some NT fam on!! How much capital did you start out with?

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I can't even be mad at the superman joke I've done a lot for Shorty. She's a good a good chick somebody was gon teach her the game one way or another.

And I started with 10K. Did an FHA loan and just stacked my rent from my tenant. I also put away mad bread while living there so now I'm ready for another (financially at least, in my area)

Last edited:
Set your mind on doing it and you will. Interest rates make it hard for me not to go crazy right now on some higher unit properties. But, I'm a little uneasy with the economy so I'm sticking to the PM markets for the remainder of this year.
Gon head playa :pimp:

Very nice.

Once I start getting that physician salary, this is what I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom