Co workers are killin me with their lack of knowledgable sports talk

I used to rap with my old co workers (who were either coaches or athletes) at my old job location. Dudes were on point when it came to knowing their teams andof course knew more than one sport. We all listened to sports talk radio and knew what was going on with current happenings in all major sports. I lookedforward to work just because of this. You name it, we rapped about it and it was with real knowledge. Like with football season being now, it was really goodbecause me being a Charger fan here in SD, I had co workers who just happened to be fans of all the other AFC west teams. 3 of which were Bronco fans, 2Raider fans and 1 Chief fan. Heated discussions would take place on the daily, but would never involve some BS homer point of view. It was all legit talk. Now I hang with the boys maybe once every two weeks. (work and everyone's schedules are just to wild to hang every day.) Simply not enough time to spiteverything out

I recently got promoted and now im at at different location. Been here for 2 months. Co workers are LAME when it comes to sports. Typical dudes who'sarguments start with "Your team is sorry" or "Got rings? My team does" Most of them are dudes who think they know football because theycan read betting lines and know the standings. Baseball and Basketball, forget it. They have no clue and dont even bother to try and fool you that they know. I bring up a basic conversation starter about a player doing well in last nights game like "u see Kobe drop 42? and I get back "I don't watchbasketball". Its absolutely killing me. No Tiger talk, no college bball talk, no Heisman talk, no NBA talk, nothing.

I guess this is just a vent because i need my sports talk every day.

Are you people blessed with people to rap sports with?

at my job theres some people who know sports, its a plus. I hate talking to people who have no idea what they talking about but think they do.

i don't know anything about sports, but i can guarantee you i'll have those tps reports completed by friday.

I work in the IT field, and things get pretty brutal. Here I am, a die hard sports fanatic, and the most insight I'll ever receive from a co-worker is"So how bout those Rams?"

Most of the guys in the office are watching anime or sci-fi or something like that.

I don't mind if my co-workers don't know anything about sports, I just hate when people claim they do and when they talk, you just can't help buteither laugh or shake your head.

you think you have it bad? my manager was trying her best to relate to me and knew i was a big cowboys fan ... i come in for a monday morning meeting and shestarts talking about the cowboys blah blah blah ... i recognized it was forced so i was half way listening and then it happened ... ... ... ...

"and the runner back was so fast on the scoredown!"

/thread

i work as a bartender for MNF. Every day I have "fans" of these teams coming in. This past monday some niner "fan" didn't even know whocrabtree was when i asked him
indifferent.gif

I love it when people come in and know their sports though, makes the days go by fast and it doesn't seem like I'm working since I'm chillingwatching the game too.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

then it happened ... ... ... ...

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm so happy I used to work at a sporting goods store. Had debates about the NBA daily, NFL and CFB every other day, baseball during the season. And peopleknew what they were talking about, except one, who everyone ripped on because he was stubborn as hell.

you think you have it bad? my manager was trying her best to relate to me and knew i was a big cowboys fan ... i come in for a monday morning meeting and she starts talking about the cowboys blah blah blah ... i recognized it was forced so i was half way listening and then it happened ... ... ... ...

/thread
^Pics of manager?

you think you have it bad? my manager was trying her best to relate to me and knew i was a big cowboys fan ... i come in for a monday morning meeting and she starts talking about the cowboys blah blah blah ... i recognized it was forced so i was half way listening and then it happened ... ... ... ...

/thread
roll.gif

This chick at work was tellin me..

"PACQUIAO IS UNDEFEATED!" After he beat Cotto and I was like
tired.gif
no he's not.

"Yeah he is! He's the best!" Nah, he lost a couple times, and a few draws.

"Yeah whatever but he's undefeated recently!"

laugh.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

My dude is a diehard Lakers fan, but he only knows about Kobe and Ron Artest and Derek Fisher.

Dude calls Gasol, Paul all the time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^Pics of manager?

i swear on everything yall do not want me to go there ... she looks like an african humpback sperm whale with a curly whig ... %%#%# stays takin her shoes offwalkin bear foot around the office ... i just threw up in my mouth ...

i put in my two weeks because of this heffer ... %%#%# made signs that read "WE ARE CLOSED FOR VETERANCE DAY" ... ... ...

veterance day
runner back
scoredown

indifferent.gif

its worse at the barbershop, theres always this dude that acts like he knows every thing about all sports and says some outrageous statement.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I don't mind if my co-workers don't know anything about sports, I just hate when people claim they do and when they talk, you just can't help but either laugh or shake your head.
yup. i'm a sports fan but unless we're talking NBA, i don't follow enough teams to be able to participate, but you won't hear metalking out of my ##* about it

some dude brought up boxing at work earlier this year and i felt like this guy

This is a huge pet peeve of mine... I dont mind If i got a few nerdy co workers that know nothing about sports, thats fine... but its the people that claim ateam and dont even know the result of the game till the next day, and then talk trash to me when they absolutely have no clue whats going on... I never argueback with these people though

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

I used to rap with my old co workers (who were either coaches or athletes) at my old job location. Dudes were on point when it came to knowing their teams and of course knew more than one sport. We all listened to sports talk radio and knew what was going on with current happenings in all major sports. I looked forward to work just because of this. You name it, we rapped about it and it was with real knowledge. Like with football season being now, it was really good because me being a Charger fan here in SD, I had co workers who just happened to be fans of all the other AFC west teams. 3 of which were Bronco fans, 2 Raider fans and 1 Chief fan. Heated discussions would take place on the daily, but would never involve some BS homer point of view. It was all legit talk. Now I hang with the boys maybe once every two weeks. (work and everyone's schedules are just to wild to hang every day.) Simply not enough time to spit everything out

I recently got promoted and now im at at different location. Been here for 2 months. Co workers are LAME when it comes to sports. Typical dudes who's arguments start with "Your team is sorry" or "Got rings? My team does" Most of them are dudes who think they know football because they can read betting lines and know the standings. Baseball and Basketball, forget it. They have no clue and dont even bother to try and fool you that they know. I bring up a basic conversation starter about a player doing well in last nights game like "u see Kobe drop 42? and I get back "I don't watch basketball". Its absolutely killing me. No Tiger talk, no college bball talk, no Heisman talk, no NBA talk, nothing.

I guess this is just a vent because i need my sports talk every day.

Are you people blessed with people to rap sports with?

Ok seriously bro. Take no offense to what I'm about to post because I'm really keeping it real here. First off I live in SD and was born & raisedhere.

SD in general when it comes to sports is a HORRIBLE sports town. First off Charger fans are so fairweathered it's not even funny and is pretty embarassing.I go around SD and see so many Charger fans claim their HARDCORE fans and have been forever, but at the same time these same people can't even name asingle player off the 1994 Charger team that made it to the Superbowl. Also I guarantee you most of those fans weren't around & supporting this teamduring the really bad seasons from 98-2001 when Ryan Leaf was the QB. Those fans were at home because the Chargers made a shady deal with our former mayorSusan Golding agreed for the city of SD & the tax payers to pay for the unsold tickets at Qualcomm for every Charger home game to lift the local TV blackout here in SD back then.

Baseball. The Padres are so bad right now that you seriously can't name another player on the team besides Adrian Gonzalez who you would regcognize or everheard of. The Padres have a long history in their franchise of having great young talent who they eventually ended up or end up trading when they become stars(Dave Winfield, Ozzie Smith, Roberto Alomar, Jake Peavy) the list is very long. Tony Gwynn is such a local icon and practicaly a GOD here in SD because of thefact that he was loyal to the Padres, was a class act, didn't have any off the field issues, and played his whole career with the Padres.

Basketball. SD pro basketball history is nothing to write about or be proud of also. The Clippers, Rockets, Conquistadors had very short stays here in SD. NowSD for the most part is mostly filled with Laker fans. You get locals around here who claim they've been die hard Clipper fans forever and are just closetClipper fans because they like to claim the Clippers because they onced played in SD and just straight up hate the Lakers with a passion. These same die hardClipper fans usually start with "Man I've been a Clipper fan since the days of Odom, Miles, Q Richardson, Elton", these fans arent even oldenough and werent even born when the Clippers were here in SD & left SD back in 1984. They also never heard of guys like World B. Free, Joe"Jellybean" Bryant.

Well im in college and me and my roommates play bball and always talk about sports. At work i work at a car tuner shop and we talk about cars there. So imgood.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I just hate when people claim they do and when they talk, you just can't help but either laugh or shake your head.
Which pretty much sums up a majority of the lames on S & T. I swear I can't help but
laugh.gif
&
smh.gif
@ the ******ed @@*$ I read here.

no diehard sports fans in my office, but even if bammas don't watch sports it seems as though EVERYBODY talks isht about the skins... i hate football

Back
Top Bottom