Coach uses iPhone app to help save collapsed player

Anyone in the coaching profession should know CPR, especially if it's a small school college or high school where medical staff may not be as quick (or trained) to respond.

Anyone in the coaching profession should know CPR, especially if it's a small school college or high school where medical staff may not be as quick (or trained) to respond.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

he should know CPR anyways, especially as a coach.

Yup, you're required to be CPR certified.  You're also supposed to take a course in blood borne pathogens.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

he should know CPR anyways, especially as a coach.

Yup, you're required to be CPR certified.  You're also supposed to take a course in blood borne pathogens.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by NikeAir45

Iphone > Droid

Absolutely, 100% false. 

Being able to make a simple phone call & having a fun phone > having a fun phone 

(Half-kidding, just messing with you)

It's good to see technology save a life...
pimp.gif
With these smartphones it's easier to access information we may need right on the spot when something like this happens.

I haven't had problems with my reception with my iPhone.
That's because you live in CA

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by NikeAir45

Iphone > Droid

Absolutely, 100% false. 

Being able to make a simple phone call & having a fun phone > having a fun phone 

(Half-kidding, just messing with you)

It's good to see technology save a life...
pimp.gif
With these smartphones it's easier to access information we may need right on the spot when something like this happens.

I haven't had problems with my reception with my iPhone.
That's because you live in CA

Would be a better story if the guy wasn't a coach. Should've know CPR before-hand. Just sayin'.

Would be a better story if the guy wasn't a coach. Should've know CPR before-hand. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by d3simet

I thought high school coaches knew CPR. 
You are supposed to.  Its in my contract personally.
Same thing I was thinking.  The thing is CPR isn't hard, doing anything is better than doing not doing something, it is nearly impossible to hurt someone more by doing CPR.  By performing some weak %## chest compressions alone you can give a person several more minutes of life which could be the difference between paramedics arriving and saving a person and a person dying before anyone gets there that can do anything about it.  People need to not be so damn afraid.

Originally Posted by d3simet

I thought high school coaches knew CPR. 
You are supposed to.  Its in my contract personally.
Same thing I was thinking.  The thing is CPR isn't hard, doing anything is better than doing not doing something, it is nearly impossible to hurt someone more by doing CPR.  By performing some weak %## chest compressions alone you can give a person several more minutes of life which could be the difference between paramedics arriving and saving a person and a person dying before anyone gets there that can do anything about it.  People need to not be so damn afraid.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

He would have called 911 but the call dropped

touche, i love my iphone. but i cant even carry a decent convo in my own room

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

He would have called 911 but the call dropped

touche, i love my iphone. but i cant even carry a decent convo in my own room

You do have to be CPR certified, but taking a 2hr course in the summer may or may not help you save a life in December. It would definitely be nice to have the techniques on hand in an app that you could use if necessary.

You do have to be CPR certified, but taking a 2hr course in the summer may or may not help you save a life in December. It would definitely be nice to have the techniques on hand in an app that you could use if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom