Cold Plunge | Ice Baths

Anyone have experience or thinking about getting into cold plunging? Ive been cold plunging in my pool over the winter, but now that its getting warm, i’ll need a stand alone to continue.

I feel the benefits have been amazing these past 60day. Lots of options on tub/chillers…so hopefully someone else in here has experience.

IMG_5276.jpeg

Ive been looking into cold plunging. Did it one time out the country and enjoyed it. Probably just get one of those big metal containers in the near future and do it that way

Ive been looking into cold plunging. Did it one time out the country and enjoyed it. Probably just get one of those big metal containers in the near future and do it that way

Word. But if going that route, you’ll need to buy ice (which adds up) to get it at 40degrees, and then you have to think about replacing water every few days (which adds to cost).

But yeah, if u live in cold conditions year round…id be tempted to go that route, cheapest for sure!

Word. But if going that route, you’ll need to buy ice (which adds up) to get it at 40degrees, and then you have to think about replacing water every few days (which adds to cost).

But yeah, if u live in cold conditions year round…id be tempted to go that route, cheapest for sure!

Welp so much for my idea. Im in Houston so Im cooked 😂😅 back to the drawing board

Welp so much for my idea. Im in Houston so Im cooked 😂😅 back to the drawing board
Water costs a fraction of a cent per gallon. If you are doing it yourself and can leave it out i would just put a cover over it and not change the water. Then you just need to buy a few bags of ice from the gas station or have one of these fancy ones with the chilller and thermo

I did it for the first time last weekend, and after a hard training session which isnt really recommended but i did 3 minutes the first time, 10 minutes sauna, then the 2nd time back in only lasted like 50 seconds then repeated sauna

You need someone there with you to push you/distract you. And the 2nd time is harder than the first

Pretty cool seeing DIY builds from just using a freezer. Cost savings vs buying an actual all-in-one is insane. YT peeps documenting and making DIY for around $600

Pretty cool seeing DIY builds from just using a freezer. Cost savings vs buying an actual all-in-one is insane. YT peeps documenting and making DIY for around $600
my man pays that on gas for a few ethereum transactions. wait for the bull run and buy a fancy one 😂

Ive seen them for as low as $50 after some codes. Could also get a stainless steel trough from trsctor supply for about 100

Ive seen them for as low as $50 after some codes. Could also get a stainless steel trough from trsctor supply for about 100

That's what my father-in-law did - has a sauna in the basement and a trough on the deck. Don't know what he does to keep it cold now though - in OH so the winter I'm sure was easy.

Yeah, this some Joe Rogan or Professional athlete stuff. Also, the social media influencers. I do wonder how a cold bathtub soak with a lot of ice would be after a long Bball session though.

Cold Plunges/Ice Baths shock the nervous system and raise the heart rate… ultimately increasing testosterone levels.

During each of my showers I put the water at the coldest temperature that I can take.

I benefit from the practice… and recommend it to others.

Back
Top Bottom