Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
this is what it all comes down to

people would rather go with whats easiest than whats right

its easier to vote and think  you did something than actually realizing how disenfranchised you really are

Or just maybe you DO realize exactly how disenfranchised you are so you use one of the few mechanisms avaliable in voting as one means to try remedy that.

Last edited:
your oppressor is not going to give you "one the few mechanisms available" to end your oppression

and i dont disagree with voting, i just dont expect it to change anything

Last edited:
your oppressor is not going to give you "one the few mechanisms available" to end your oppression

Your contradiction is astounding.

Laws actively being pursued to stop that mechanism that is available as everyone who wants to use it.

Last edited:
see i try to give you the benefit of the doubt

meet you halfway

tell you i dont disagree with you, im just skeptical

and you just throw it back in my face 
mean.gif

tell me what laws are being enacted to stop white supremacy?

the national stop and frisk being discussed? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
There's a national stop frisk law?
Not at this moment but throughout his campaign Trump advocated stop and frisk. He supported stop and frisk nationwide in black communities to combat violent crime.

In a pre-taped interview on Fox News scheduled to air Wednesday night, Trump was asked by an audience member what he would do to address “violence in the black community” and “black-on-black crime.” Trump responded by proposing that “stop-and-frisk” policing, in which an officer is empowered to stop an individual and frisk them for weapons or any other illegal contraband, be adopted nationwide.

“I would do stop-and-frisk. I think you have to. We did it in New York, it worked incredibly well and you have to be proactive and, you know, you really help people sort of change their mind automatically,” Trump told the questioner. “You understand, you have to have, in my opinion, I see what’s going on here, I see what’s going on in Chicago, I think stop-and-frisk. In New York City it was so incredible, the way it worked. Now, we had a very good mayor, but New York City was incredible, the way that worked, so I think that could be one step you could do.”
Shortly after, he walked back his comments and claimed he was "only talking about Chicago."

@ninjahood  took it back to the original though. After being repeatedly questioned on his support for stop and frisk in the political thread, he eventually admitted he supports nationwide stop and frisk.

My on going question is if the system is rigged and cannot be fixed where will change come from that isn't either within the system or an all out war?

Voting won't change much immediately but in time it will have its effects. In Michigan they just voted for their youngest state representative. Who's to say he won't keep that seat and create change in his neighborhood and state in the future?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...-michigan?source=dam?client=ms-android-google

My on going question is if the system is rigged and cannot be fixed where will change come from that isn't either within the system or an all out war?

Voting won't change much immediately but in time it will have its effects. In Michigan they just voted for their youngest state representative. Who's to say he won't keep that seat and create change in his neighborhood and state in the future?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...-michigan?source=dam?client=ms-android-google

Waste of time. Just as it was us Californians electing only the 2nd black female senator in history in Kamala Harris last week as well. Should have let her know she's eating her time to abs don't worry about fighting for our interests. :rolleyes

[thread="652983"] Think what you want, think whats more comfortable, more palateable for you. [/thread]

this is what it all comes down to

people would rather go with whats easiest than whats right

its easier to vote and think  you did something than actually realizing how disenfranchised you really are

This can't possibly make sense to you. It's easier to make an effort to improve conditions for the disenfranchised than to bury your pessimistic head in the sand?

I'm personally disappointed that he took that stance publicly on voting. He knew he had a platform the millions of Americans especially minorities were watching and emulating. He then goes and gives a jaded perception on voting especially in this election with these candidates and it echoes throughout the media and many people just like his kneeling to the national anthem followed aimlessly without forming there own opinion as to why they should or shouldn't do it. Don't get me wrong, I was all for Kaepernick and his actions beforehand and Kaep is putting his time and effort into the community and backing up his words and actions to where he could counterbalance not voting but not everyone has the same resources as him. Him announcing openly that he didn't vote is going to be followed by impressionable people who aren't putting money or time into the community and are now not voting either because "Colin Kaepernick didn't vote". I felt that was irresponsible on his part.

Donald Trump the misogynistic bigot versus Hillary Super Predator Clinton?

I don't see why people don't understand why he said what he said and didn't vote.

Along with the other 53% of eligible voters.

like i said i dont explicitly disagree with voting

im simply skeptical as to how effective is 

why does it have to be one or the other?

im sure there are enough people who think voting is their "philanthropic" duty done for the year and they can stop there

what about them, the ones that vote and keep their head buried in the sand?

hell everyone can point to 94 and that crime bill that blacks voted for after 13th, wheres your indignation for the voting process then?

its a double edged sword, thats y im skeptical

Donald Trump the misogynistic bigot versus Hillary Super Predator Clinton?

I don't see why people don't understand why he said what he said and didn't vote.

Along with the other 53% of eligible voters.

People understand but since the ballot contained other items than the presidential election that he had a chance to vote on that could benefit his position and what he stood for but instead he sat out which shows, minimally, that he is unaware of how vast the voting process is

People understand but since the ballot contained other items than the presidential election that he had a chance to vote on that could benefit his position and what he stood for but instead he sat out which shows, minimally, that he is unaware of how vast the voting process is
Thank You

Please aware us of the benefit of not voting... Anyone. Please sell us on why not voting is beneficial to driving change.

Please aware us of the benefit of not voting... Anyone. Please sell us on why not voting is beneficial to driving change.
 “Many anarchist libertarians claim it immoral to vote or to engage in political action–the argument being that by participating in this way in State activity, the libertarian places his moral imprimatur upon the State apparatus itself. But a moral decision must be a free decision, and the State has placed individuals in society in an unfree environment, in a general matrix of coercion. The State—unfortunately—exists, and people must necessarily begin with this matrix to try to remedy their condition. As Lysander Spooner pointed out, in an environment of State coercion, voting does not imply voluntary consent.3 Indeed, if the State allows us a periodic choice of rulers, limited though that choice may be, it surely cannot be considered immoral to make use of that limited choice to try to reduce or get rid of State power.”

I've never heard pro-state people argue that not voting means that a person consents to the outcome. Maybe they do argue that, but it makes no sense. 

Does refusing to choose which person will be your slave master mean that you consent to being a slave? I don't think so. 

On the other hand, if you play the game, you are expected to honor the results. That's why they want people to play their game. 

Pro-statists realize that, if nobody (except the candidates, I assume) voted, the state's thin veil of faux legitimacy would be revealed and the politicians could claim no mandate based solely on the handful of votes received from their friends and relatives. 

The candidate who happens to win an election will claim a mandate and then, more or less, proceed to do whatever he or she wants to do. A vote is a kind of endorsement. Even if one votes for the lesser of two evils, one has endorsed evil. 

This is why we see all of those ads desperately urging us to vote. They go so far as to say that it doesn't matter which candidates we vote for, just so long as we vote. Well, if it doesn't matter who we vote for... 

Clearly, it is the act of voting, more than who we vote for, that matters to statists because they rely on the votes -- or, more accurately, the turnout -- to provide their cover. 

"My family and I elected me to be your representative" just wouldn't cut it. 

So, we get establishment candidate A and establishment candidate B (Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber) and, even though they are very similar, they campaign as if they are quite different and the future of the world depends on you choosing correctly! Gasp! This creates a sense of desperation among the voters to choose A to stop B or vice versa, which, in turn, creates the voter turnout and then, regardless of who wins, we get more of the same. 

Voting to send a message doesn't work, either. The message that gets sent is a message that informs the establishment which lies its candidates have to tell the next time around to maintain the status quo, as exemplified by Barack "change" Obama and George W. "no nation building/a humble foreign policy" Bush or George H.W. "no new taxes" Bush. 

Plus, when you vote for presidential candidates, you're really voting for their electors who, however unlikely, might not vote for the person you intended them to vote for. Electors are like a box of chocolates... :smile: 

In places where voters have the option to choose "None of the above" there is still an implication that they are really saying, "Go get someone else for me to vote for besides these crooks." After all, if you didn't want to vote, why are you there in the voting booth? 

The only way to not endorse the state and to really convey "none of the above" is not to vote at all.
good enough? 
nerd.gif

You think there's going to be another civil war is the US or something, if enough people don't vote?

Thanks for trying but try again.

The irony of posting a libertarian argument when that group believes the biggest recent government overreach is Article Two of the Civil Rights Act :lol:

Our boy Mike Evans has joined the struggle and will be taking a knee during the anthem as long as Trump is president elect.

Some nasty comments on IG about it too

Last edited:
Only solution is to insert ourselves into the systems that we need to benefit us. Back during Jim Crow, black people didn't sit and hope that one day integration would happen in the mean time they won't open their own stores, build their own communities, etc. They did what they needed to do. Fast forward to integration and it made us more complacent and dependent on the political structure of this country and those "in charge"

Fact of the matter is, we need to start doing for self and get to a position where we truly are needed to get elected or we get elected ourselves.

Ever heard of the Negro Wall Street aka Black Wall Street?

The same black businesses, schools, hospitals and thriving community that black people were "doing for self" and white people burned to the ground?

And after burning it down, tried to rezone it and make it more expensive to rebuild?

Riiiiiiight.

Any strong movement black or brown people make WILL be shut down one way or another.

Trust. And. Believe.

So I get Kaep's point. No matter what you do or who you vote for, the system is corrupt.

I don't know how to fix it. But it clearly seems as if not much will be accomplished unless THEY allow it. I'll collapse while holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

TNT/The NBA in general was so foul for giving Charles Barkley of all people a platform to talk about race. They really love waving to most nonsensical black people in from of millions of people to talk about serious issues. It's a total slap in the face, because things that Charles (and others) say get taken as the gospel to a whole bunch of whites and all it does is give them a reason and excuse to continue acting and thinking the way they do. Taking the gospel of Charles Barkley and Lil' Wa_n_, despicable.

Never knew this thread existed and I posted something similar in one of the Trump threads. Kenny is the only dude who seems aware of the reality of what's going on. Shaq the Trump supporter, Chuck the All Lives Matter spokesman, and Ernie the Christian who basically belittled Kaepernick's cause, are all clueless to me. Really disappointed with these dudes. :smh:

Last edited:
You think there's going to be another civil war is the US or something, if enough people don't vote?

Thanks for trying but try again.
if nothing will convince u then just say that, dont act like you want to hear anything

if no one were to vote the system would collapse

The irony of posting a libertarian argument when that group believes the biggest recent government overreach is Article Two of the Civil Rights Act
laugh.gif
well jeez lets just nitpick nitpick nitpick

brb going to find the perfect argument that perfectly meets Rusty's "purity test" you so fond of

the facetiousness is annoying

people acting like voting is a magic wand

people pretending like this entire system isnt slanted

and im not even advocating against voting per se, but for some thats not good enough

Back
Top Bottom