College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

2324984221_6bd42b3f21.jpg

I know you will...
wink.gif

Kelly at least looks way better than those Plumlee boys
eyes.gif

On offense he looks good, D can come with coaching/improving strength. But I can't lie, we need a kid in the post who can bang a little bit, be a physicalpresence.

This Czyk kid looks like he is willing to play physical...

Looks like a more athletic Singler to me ...
I'll take Dunleavy 2.0 any day
He ain't quite as skilled or athletic as either of those 2. I didn't see any of that dribbling and blowing by people when I watched himthis summer. He'll do his damage in the high post with quick footwork, step back moves and 1 or 2 dribbles to create space for his jumper. I do thinkhe's better than what Allen would leave you to believe tho. He's a good get. Hell, if we had more scholly's I wouldn't mind if UNC hadsnagged him.

but now that that's outta the way...look for either Barnes or Roscoe to pick up another offer in the next couple days
pimp.gif

Its all good... although Shav has left me shaken I've got faith in K. If we can develope him into Dunleavy III I'll pop champaign for real.

And once K starts putting the Duke bid in himself we'll be more than straight in the Scoe/Barnes sweepstakes... Especially with that gold item on theresume
wink.gif

Especially with that gold item on the resume
Easy papi. The coaches don't get medals. But the mere fact that he was THE head coach of the gold medal squad is just as powerful. *!$+Prince and his purple aura, I feel like K walkin' around wit' that gold aura right now and got an extra bounce in his diddy bop, word to the bustedhips.

I may sell him a little short...but Dunleavy 2? Hellll noooo. Yall would be selling Mike too short with that comparison.

He's a tweener to begin with, a 3 stuck in a 4's body/athleticism.

Life won't be so easy without Wall. He was a borderline top 100 player before this summer with him, now he's a top 20 player....Hmmmm...

Personally, I never wanted him. He can't be a factor in the Big East. However in the ACC he can do ok. He did make the right choice.

And Jordan Hamilton offically to Texas..

anyone see him on ESPNU?
laugh.gif
....of course they like to lead up to theannouncement and he starts talkin and first thing out is how he's lookin forward to playing with Avery Bradley....the studio host cut him off so quick
laugh.gif

With the commitment of Anthony Stover, the UCLAcoaches can focus on getting a guard to complete the 2009 class. UCLA has been in contact with several elite prospects as well as scouting a couple back-upoptions.

[table][tr][td]
MICHAELSNAER7_25200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michael Snaer has one visit before decision.[/td] [/tr][/table]Following up his UCLA visit this past weekend, five-star shooting guard Michael Snaer is scheduled tovisit Kansas in nine days on Oct. 17 for his fifth and final official visit. This visit coincides with Kansas' "Late Night in the Phog" event andis shaping up to be a monster visit weekend for guards.

Not only is Snaer visiting but also Rivals five-star shooting guards
Xavier Henry and Dominic Cheek. "BornReady" LanceStephenson is tentatively scheduled and four-star point guard Elijah Johnson will also be on hisvisit. Several recruits are expected to take unofficial visits that weekend as well. The only guard out of this talented group that the Bruins were not in onat one time or another was Cheek.

Kansas will be pushing hard to land a commitment from one point and one shooting guard that weekend. Johnson may be the most likely one ready to make adecision.

In other UCLA recruiting news, two New York City players, Durand Scott and the above mentioned [/db]Lance Stephenson[/db] have both recently indicated they would like to take official visits toWestwood this month, but Scott is now distancing himself from UCLA.

Both Scott and Stephenson are in the 2008 iS8/Nike Tip-Off Fall Classic Tournament. It runs through October with the finals on October 19. If Scott's teamgets eliminated early look for UCLA to try to schedule his official visit soon after. Stephenson's October visits are also affected by how far his teamgoes. Outstanding 2010 guard, Daniel Bejarano willbe taking an unofficial visit on Oct. 25.

UCLA is currently scouting several less heralded guards as a backup plan. Those offers may wait until the late signing period if they come at all.

We are also hearing that UCLA is continuing to keep the line of communication open to Abdul Gaddy. While we fully expect Gaddy to keep hiscommitment to Arizona, it is a prudent move considering all the changes and upheaval Arizona has had in recent months.

The early signing period for basketball is just four weeks away on Nov

Oh I know that we don't need it, it just adds to the overall package. The fact that he has experience coaching the best, and was able to lead them to thepromise land is something that has to come to mind when you think of K. Having the ability to say this is what makes Kobe and LeBron great. This his how theyapproach the game and what makes them successful. Being able to offer that insight and have it come from first hand experience instead of observation has tohit home.

and the "K" is black as a tribute to the OG Mr. Wildcat, the late Bill Keightley. (RIP)

i like these a lot...didn't get too "mickey mouse" with 'em.

as far as those black hyperdunks with these.....

I thought every Nike squad was goin' with SOD this year? Or do they make them loosie loose like that for retail joints?

The Dallas Independent School District has re-opened an investigation into alleged improper grade changes for former star basketball player Darrell Arthur at South Oak Cliff High School, WFAA, the ABCaffiliate in Dallas reported.

4489.jpg

Arthur
Superintendent Michael Hinojosa said he will ask for an outside independent review of the academic records of Arthur and his former teammates.
"There are too many questions at this time for us to just leave it alone," Dr. Hinojosa said.

Arthur, who now plays for the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies, didnot respond to requests for comment.

One of the nation's top recruits, Arthur was a key player on Kansas' national basketball championship team last season.

An investigation into a grade change for another athlete resulted in South Oak Cliff forfeiting the 2006 state basketball title. The school district,however, released a report two months ago that cleared South Oak Cliff staff and students of any further wrongdoings in the 2005 and 2007 state basketballchampionships.

WFAA-TV's follow-up found investigators may have failed to interview witnesses and review algebra, English and theatre arts grades received byArthur.

If the district finds Arthur did not have sufficient credits to graduate from high school, Kansas could have to forfeit any or all games involving him.

Kansas athletic department officials have said they believe that the investigation into Arthur would not affect the school's basketball program.

I just found out I was a 2-star prospect during my two year high school basketball career
eek.gif

4cd259be02db23789b3169d83ce99666b8d65e7.png

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But the surprise so far in early season workouts is 6-8 freshman forward David Loubeau. Turgeon said he's comparing him to Kansas' Darrell Arthur. That means he's long, agile and can score in a variety of ways. He apparently has a 7-2 wingspan and could be used as a shot blocker, too. Loubeau can score with his back to the basket, as well as face up. Bryan Davis is back up front too, adding to the quicker forwards in the post. The Aggies are likely an NCAA team, falling in behind Oklahoma and Texas and in competition with Kansas for third in the Big 12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3634083&name=katz_andyhttp://sports.espn.go.com...634083&name=katz_andy
Damn...I sure hope this isn't like those practice reports I read about football (which led me to believe that we would actually be competitive thisseason...)...having a Darrell Arthur type player down here would be awesome.

And our Midnight Madness practice is next Friday night (October 17) after Yell Practice. Should be a pretty good sized crowd there, since Yell Practice usuallypulls in a pretty damn large crowd.

And this is such a well-written short piece on Joseph Jones:
Kepez Belediye prepares new powerful basketball team,so they signed high qualify players. Kepez sign with USA Pivot player Joseph Jones from Texas A&M University from NCAA league. He was born in in 1986 and his height 2.07 m. his NCAA career is 26.8 min. , 12.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists averages and he showed himself in NBA Summer League with Houston Rockets team.

laugh.gif

Marques Teague will be visiting UC this weekend. Hopefully, we can sway the kid to come here. Apparrently IU and UL are on him hard. I feel good about where westand with him though being that this will be his second time on campus in the past few weeks. This is the younger brother of Jeff Teague for those whodon't know, and he is supposed to be more talented. He's a 5 Star prospect.

Back
Top Bottom