College Football Regular Season in Review..to this point

Nah, I think Tebow or McFadden will win the Heisman and I would be happy with either.

But Dixon and White lead their teams into Nat'l title contention, tebow didnt, even with all his stats. Dude is a killer out there dont get me wrong tho.

the only week out the yr I harbor any hate towards UF is during Vol/gator week, other then that, I dont really care either way. If they playin good I praiseem, if they not I dog em.

Unbelievable how injuries can dismantle a team.

A healthy Oregon squad seriously competes or wins the national championship...

Dennis Dixon was an absolute beast this year and should win the Heisman trophy. Here's what ESPN had to say about the matter:

Dennis Dixon likely is not going to win the Heisman, but if there was a Most Valuable Player award out there, wouldn't he have to be a lock at this point? Just look at what Oregon has done without him. Or better yet, look what they haven't done without him. Namely, moving the ball and finding the end zone. Before Dixon went down with a knee injury in the first quarter at Arizona on Nov. 15, the Ducks were No. 2 in the BCS and talking national title. In the seven full quarters since, they have totaled exactly one touchdown in two losses to average teams (Arizona and UCLA). In Saturday's 16-0 snoozefest in Pasadena, an Oregon team was shut out for first time since 1985, breaking the third-longest active scoring streak in college football (150 games).

Oregon Offense Since Dixon Injury
Offensive Touchdowns 1
Turnovers 7
Completion Percentage 38.1
TD-Int 0-5
Yards Per Rush 1.97

The UO offense, near the top of the national rankings all year long, is simply a shell of its former self. The quarterback replacements are a combined 32-of-84 with zero touchdowns and five interceptions. Against the Bruins, the three Duck QBs went 11-of-39 with three picks. So the running game has picked up the slack, right? Hardly. The backs have netted just 130 yards on 66 carries.

I wore my sweater with "Oregon" on the front today and my friend asked me "What happened dude?" And I said, my sweater should say"Dennis Dixon" because it's clear he made this team what it was.

At this point, I think a WVU and Mizzou title game would be really fun to watch. Better than last year
sick.gif

- Dissapointments....Louisville, Florida State (for all the hires and hype that came along), Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, UCLA...after the start, Kentucky. Okie State
the only thing disappointing about our season was yesterday's game and the Miss State game. overall, i ain't really disappointed. i saidbefore the season that it would be tough to win 7 games this year and that we would be a much better team than last year, but our record this year wouldn'tbe better than last year's team. i know what you're saying though, after a 6-1 start, it sucks to finish 7-5. but we had a stupid schedule. we won afew games that we weren't technically "supposed" to win and we lost one that we were "supposed" to win. we missed every oppurtunity tofinish the year 9-3 or 10-2, be in the SEC title game and been going to a BCS bowl, though.
ohwell.gif

- The more I saw Andre Woodson toward the end of the year...the less impressed I've become
elaborate...

Mostly Pac-10 stuff...

Disappointments- CAL...I knew they might lose a couple games, but 5 losses?!?!! Nothing is guaranteed in CFB especially if you don't have good defense andconsistent QB play. So disappointing after potentially being #1 in the country. What a shame

SEC is the strongest conf. once again.
Hawaii is weak, but Colt Brennan definitely has potential..
Dennis Dixon=Most IMPORTANT player to a team...without him, Oregon's offense rivals the SF Niners offense in terms of productivity, and you know that untilthis week, that's not a good look. He IS that team.
UCLA=most inconsistent team ever..they need a new coach period
Justin Forsett=very slept-on...
Jim Harbaugh IMHO will have Stanford become a relevant program again in 3 years or so...
This season is wild...we need a playoff.
OSU is not that good. i do mean THE ohio state univ
LSU is definitely the best team in the country overall IMO but sucks for them to lose 2 very close ones in 3OT

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

1st team/2nd team

QB Dennis Dixon Ore/Pat White WVA
RB Darren McFadden Ark/Ray Rice Rut
FB Owen Schmidt WVA/ Jacob Hester LSU
WR Mario Manningham Mich/Jordy Nelson K St
WR Michael Crabtree Ttech/Davone Bess hawaii
TE Travis Beckum Wisconsin/Fred Davis USC
KR kevin Marion Wake Forest/ Dorien Bryant Purdue
PR Desean Jackson Cal/brandon James UF

DE Greg Hardy Ole Miss/ Lawrence jackson USC
DE Chris Long UVA/Quentin Groves Aub
DT Glenn Dorsey LSU/Sedrick Ellis USC
LB James Lauirinitis O$U
LB J Lehman Illinois
LB Jordon Dizon Colorado
CB Alphonso Smith Wake Forest/Anotne Cason Ariz
CB Aquib Talib KU/Mike Jenkins USF
FS Jami Silva BC/Willie Moore Mizzu
SS Eric Berry Tenn/Troy Nolan ASU

Most Overated player in College Football; Myron Rolle FSU (what exactly does he do well? he's a safety right yet he doesnt make plays on the football, and he doesnt punish Rbs, ahh I guess u get a pass when you were top 5 recruit in America
grin.gif
)

agree on your AA team
and yes Rolle is complete bum. either mickey is blind or we really suck that bad in the secondary .

Roger Williams, Myron Rolle, Tony Carter
smh.gif

rolle has been getting too much hype since his HS senior year... tired of announcers gushing over that kid

Dixon
frown.gif
Admittedly, I wasn't much of a CFB fan until last season,but seeing Dixon play this year opened my eyes. Dude was ridiculous and watching his Heisman bid go down in flames was pretty disheartening.

Oh, and Tebow had a year.

Highlight of my year: Texting my girlfriend every time Cal got beat down. I have an irrational hate for her school.

Back
Top Bottom