College Grads

Anyone fed up with their job after college? Graduatedcollege with a Comp Sci degree and landed a job doing help desk/It Support andI must say this is the most boring job/life. Sitting behind the desk for about5 – 6 hours a day doing absolutely nothing. Just feel like I’m stuck here, sohard to find a decent paying job these day’s but can’t stand being here.  Any other graduates feeling the same way? 

Hangtight bruh. But seriously, I feel a lot of college grads feel the same. I know I did 4 years when I graduated. It's like you're waiting for something to happen or take the that next step. Previously you knew what that next would be. Now, life after college, there isn't a predetermined step step to take I guess.

Life after college is what you make it. Take your experience and get a new job or go back to school. Don't complain do something about it.

graduated with a business mgt degree in dec 2010, have been working part time retail jobs to pay for loans. its tough.

Lucky enough I never took out a student loan, I know plentyof friends that have been struggling paying the loans back.  It is just horrible because I thought thingswould be a lot different after college. I could go back to college but do youthink that would really help? Maybe a change in my field?  I just believe the job market is horrible atthe moment well at least here in Maryland. Dirty you might be right I have onlybeen here about 8 months so I hope I move up fast. 

Man, you got a job, an easy one at that and one that is in your field. Build that resume up. Go to school part-time.

You just seem disinterested. Nothing wrong with that, but know that where you are, many would love to be.

And you're debt-free.

You have a career change of heart? If so, what do you want to do now?

Originally Posted by RedMan

Life after college is what you make it. Take your experience and get a new job or go back to school. Don't complain do something about it.

Looks like someone hasn't noticed the economy.

Nope, feels great, search for a job that's better while working your current job. Life is great bro, find a hobby. Since graduating, I've picked up cooking/dj'ing/working out, which i do pretty consistently.

It's up to you dude....

Feel very disinterested just hate the whole help desk/customer support part. I guess I’m just not motivated to be here working witholder individuals who complain all day that are at a senior level. The wholecubical thing sucks with nothing to look at I guess is what stresses me out themost. Was thinking about going back to school and maybe becoming a teacher.  Ballonboy and Los what do you guys do?

I work in a call center - not the life, but it pays the bills. And I applied to grad school for the fall.

Since you said you might want to teach, you should probably look into substitute teaching at your local school board. If you like it, go to school part-time. That way, you can still keep your IT job, but also explore other options.

It's funny because you could be doing my job, haha. I'm current a Business Technology Consultant for a big firm, I travel here and there, and love my job. A lot of freedom, per diems and action, but it can get stressful.

I work with software training, db migrations, and user support, but I majored in Business and Engineering specifically Operations and Supply-Chain Management.

I recently got hired into my dream job (A different company), so like i said, keep searching for your dream job while, you're getting paid. Stay thirsty my friend.

Back
Top Bottom