College Graduation Class Rings Worth the Money?

Graduation is coming up in May and I had not considered even looking at class rings until my mom brought it up in our last conversation. After browsing jostens' website, I found out they cost $500+. For that much money, I'd rather get a nice watch (a Hamilton Khaki Field Officer Automatic, for example, sells for about the same price).

So NT, for those of you who have purchased class rings, are they worth it?

Spoiler [+]
hamilton-khaki-field-officer-collection.jpg
OR
LEGE_lg.jpg

If I really liked my school, I'd get a class ring easily

A class ring and a wedding ring are probably the only rings I would wear.

I think it depends on the school that you attended and ultimately how much you enjoyed the learning experience ...

I attended a state school, by the time I graduated just wanted to get the degree and hit the work force, didn't purchase a ring

It is just a ring. Corny, pointless, and you probably won't care about it in 8 months. I mean you can't even stunt with it. NO.

I always considered it part of the graduation experience. 
I only wear it a few times a year, but it's a nice thing to slip on to remember all the hard work that you put in.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I always considered it part of the graduation experience. 
I only wear it a few times a year, but it's a nice thing to slip on to remember all the hard work that you put in.
And you can't look at your diploma to remember that? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I think it depends on the school that you attended and ultimately how much you enjoyed the learning experience ...

I attended a state school, by the time I graduated just wanted to get the degree and hit the work force, didn't purchase a ring

Yeah I think this too. Like say you go to some prestigious school. Then I would get one, kinda like a humble brag type of situation

I don't care where you went to school, the answer is a resounding NO.

If you want to represent your school buy a t-shirt, a hoody, some bball shorts. All that will add up to less than $100 and you can wear them more often without looking like an absolute dweeb.

SAY NO TO CLASS RINGS.

I find it funny if people are so quick to judge off of something another person wears, a ring in particular. Snap judgments off ONE item
laugh.gif

I wear my dad's college ring because he died when I was younger and its something I want to wear. If someone can make an assessment of me because of that, its their problem.

People can make any kind of generalization about others because of what they wear, music they listen to, what they look like, or anything else.. Its up to you how much you let them affect how YOU live YOUR life.

Personal Opinion:

I actually laugh at people who have those things, on the low. ESPECIALLY if they didn't win a championship or even play a sport. It just looks super awkward.
Those things are used to market to people who dont have any sense of personal pride or identity.

You majored in sociology and now you want a school ring? 
roll.gif

grin.gif

CORNY!

And they just look awful. The materials are shoddy and they aren't even authentic.

The only hustle I can't hate on is Herff-Jones raping school kids out of their money for crappy items.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I believe rings started out as something for people who played sports...not because you got a degree in communications. 
roll.gif

Cop a hoodie, a shirt, a coffee mug or even a car decal and call it a day.

But hey, i'm a fan of "Doing You" so if you feel comfortable, then by all means go ahead. Free country, right? 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Personal Opinion:

I actually laugh at people who have those things, on the low. ESPECIALLY if they didn't win a championship or even play a sport. It just looks super awkward.
Those things are used to market to people who dont have any sense of personal pride or identity.

You majored in sociology and now you want a school ring? 
roll.gif

grin.gif

CORNY!

And they just look awful. The materials are shoddy and they aren't even authentic.

The only hustle I can't hate on is Herff-Jones raping school kids out of their money for crappy items.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I believe rings started out as something for people who played sports...not because you got a degree in communications. 
roll.gif

Cop a hoodie, a shirt, a coffee mug or even a car decal and call it a day.

But hey, i'm a fan of "Doing You" so if you feel comfortable, then by all means go ahead. Free country, right? 

Actually, I believe West Point started the class ring tradition.

I think it really depends on what college you went to and what line of work you're going into.

I didn't want one, my mother made me get one. I tried to wear it for the first 6 months out of college, lasted about 3 weeks.

I'd probably break it out for networking events with fellow alumni.

Back
Top Bottom