College Hoops, over? Always next season...SI's Top 10 for 08-09

Originally Posted by allen3xis

For a National Title? no.

A Top 10 team? probably

Whether we like it or not....all they're going to be losing is Nelson. and the transfer of King.....they get the addition of Elliot Williams.

And the ACC is going to be awful again..

Still no inside presence, but no reason they won't do what they did this year and have a good start to the season and then lose in the 2nd round or Sweet 16

I'll concede that they'll be a top 10 team all year again, only because they won't play a true OOC road game, and will benefit from having acakewalk in the ACC. They will lose early in the tourney next year too. This team has crippled down the stretch the last three seasons. They have nothing thatmakes me believe they can be a special team. I just find it absurd that this loser put them in his top 10 after they got absolutely embarrassed in thetournament and their team remains practically the same. Duke wasn't even a top 20 team after the tournament in my eyes.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

yikes, looks like the SEC is in for another down year.

Is Jamont coming back????

And
smh.gif
@ some of my fellow Duke fans and SOME of the Duke haters

Sometimes you just gotta be realistic.

And I bet you Ty Lawson is wishing that he bolted last year....

And I bet you Ty Lawson is wishing that he bolted last year...
You ain't lyin... He came back, only to find himself outside the Top 5 PG prospects this year...

The point/combo guard position is deep this year with Rose, Augustin, Bayless, Collison, Mayo, Westbrook, Lawson, Chalmers...

YO! I thought about that with Lawson. But he had an injury in the heart of the season. Not anything major to get down about. Just come back next season with ahuge chip on his shoulder. DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! I thought about that with Lawson. But he had an injury in the heart of the season. Not anything major to get down about. Just come back next season with a huge chip on his shoulder. DF!!!

Yeah, but regardless of injury, The smart thing to do would have been to leave last year...

I mean, he would have to battle w/ Mike Conley, Acie Law, Aaron Brooks and J-Critt. Thats it. He could have easily been the #1 or #2 pg on the board lastyear...

Now??? Wow, Rose, Augustin, Bayless, Collison, Mayo, Westbrook, Lawson, Chalmers. All Of whom figure to go in the 1st. Not to mention all the other peoplewho are comin out. Esp. the big men. Dude almost HAS to stay in school....

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! I thought about that with Lawson. But he had an injury in the heart of the season. Not anything major to get down about. Just come back next season with a huge chip on his shoulder. DF!!!

Yeah, but regardless of injury, The smart thing to do would have been to leave last year...

I mean, he would have to battle w/ Mike Conley, Acie Law, Aaron Brooks and J-Critt. Thats it. He could have easily been the #1 or #2 pg on the board last year...

Now??? Wow, Rose, Augustin, Bayless, Collison, Mayo, Westbrook, Lawson, Chalmers. All Of whom figure to go in the 1st. Not to mention all the other people who are comin out. Esp. the big men. Dude almost HAS to stay in school....
dre , your saying that like playin at unc is a bad thing

Bobby Frasor was trash....you honestly believe he saves them from the beating Kansas gave in the first half?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Frasor was the reason they dont have a title... Suuuuuuuure guy

Joka is completely right about what he says... Yall just fall back with the UVA sucks type %!!. Kinda pathetic, just answer the question... what makes anyonebelieve Duke can compete for the Chip???

Im not even a hater of Duke, but this team gets overhyped every year and even the fans know it. The team is a bunch of jumpshooters that cant shoot. They arenot going into the second weekend of the tourney and you can book that.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Joka is completely right about what he says... Yall just fall back with the UVA sucks type %!!. Kinda pathetic, just answer the question... what makes anyone believe Duke can compete for the Chip???

Im not even a hater of Duke, but this team gets overhyped every year and even the fans know it. The team is a bunch of jumpshooters that cant shoot. They are not going into the second weekend of the tourney and you can book that.

Huh????

Anyways,

If we never get a legit/SEMI legit big man, we can't run a prototypical offense...

I wanna see Singler go back to his natural SF position....

Until then.....We gotta make it rain....
ohwell.gif

Bobby Frasor was trash....you honestly believe he saves them from the beating Kansas gave in the first half?

eyes.gif
i worded it wrong....but frasor is key guy off the bench

and GT fans dont have to much room to talk either...

Bobby Frasor was trash....

smh.gif
You're sleepin. He was another outside shooter that we needed and theonly other player that played defense besides Ginyard.
But his loss is not the reason we didn't win the title. We would of had a better chance, but wehad had enough to win it without him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Joka is completely right about what he says... Yall just fall back with the UVA sucks type %!!. Kinda pathetic, just answer the question... what makes anyone believe Duke can compete for the Chip???

Im not even a hater of Duke, but this team gets overhyped every year and even the fans know it. The team is a bunch of jumpshooters that cant shoot. They are not going into the second weekend of the tourney and you can book that.

Huh????

Anyways,

If we ever get a legit/SEMI legit big man, we can't run a prototypical offense...

I wanna see Singler go back to his natural SF position....

Until then.....We gotta make it rain....
ohwell.gif
Coach K needs to get a legit big man. You guys could contend in a few.

I'm a IU fan but I've been telling people for a couple years now that Matt Painter is building something big down there at Purdue.. I support all Indiana teams so i'll be looking forward to seeing what that purdue team can do.. I love the way they play.. hopefully IU doesn't suck too bad next year..
Truth, Purdue is gonna be tough the next few years since I don't see anyone great enough to leave for the Learly. Gonna be a 3-way fight next year between them, Ohio State (with Koufos), and Michigan State (losing Neitzel won't hurt as much as somethink).

and GT fans dont have to much room to talk either...
Not a fan of Georgia Tech. And Georgetown really doesn't need to be brought up in every discussion I have
ohwell.gif

Has nothing to do with Frasor not being all that good anyway. Defense I can give you, but outside shooter..not going by what his track record shows.

Q actually filled in better than expected this year once Lawson went done, which I was shocked by.

Benches get shortened a lot when it matters most anyway...he coulda helped when Ty went down, but when you're looking at Elite 8, Final 4 games...he'sgetting marginal minutes if healthy

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

For a National Title? no.

A Top 10 team? probably

Whether we like it or not....all they're going to be losing is Nelson. and the transfer of King.....they get the addition of Elliot Williams.

And the ACC is going to be awful again..

Still no inside presence, but no reason they won't do what they did this year and have a good start to the season and then lose in the 2nd round or Sweet 16

I'll concede that they'll be a top 10 team all year again, only because they won't play a true OOC road game, and will benefit from having a cakewalk in the ACC. They will lose early in the tourney next year too. This team has crippled down the stretch the last three seasons. They have nothing that makes me believe they can be a special team. I just find it absurd that this loser put them in his top 10 after they got absolutely embarrassed in the tournament and their team remains practically the same. Duke wasn't even a top 20 team after the tournament in my eyes.
grin.gif
The rankings aren't post season/tournament rankingsanyway, so if they will be a top 10 team all season, why is it absurd to rank them there?
ohwell.gif

Duke will not compete for a deep tournament run IMO until they get an interior presence, but they will be a great regular season team again. Whats funny issome of you acting like Duke doesn't beat good teams EVERY year. Last season teams they beat that were good: Marquette (people love to hype them and talkabout how they are so good.....they are) Wisconsin (highly ranked all season, made a good run in the tournament), Davidson (elite eight team, EVERYONE jumpedon their bandwagon), Clemson (ranked, in the tournament), won at UNC in the regular season. Two of the games they lost they should have won, Pitt @ the Garden(that was a WILD lucky shot), and Miami they blew it late.

Duke is definitely not built for a deep tournament run right now, but as usual they are a top 10 team. So thats where they should and will be ranked.

Commence the hating...

D.Rose told me yesterday that he staying. and CDR coming back for his senior year, so we balling

It's damn near impossible to make next years top 10 until you have the official list of everyone that's leaving. It's all speculation until then.

Back
Top Bottom