COLLEGE LIFE...

I remember a thread awhile back with a "guide" to college life.With the school year just around the corner i thought I'd make a post on what toexpect for the coming year. I'm an incoming freshman at San Francisco State. Any input and advice from those who have been through it??? BTW im staying inan apartment with my cousin and 2 other guys....its 2 bedrooms 2 bath. I am pumped for the new year tho.
pimp.gif

4 dudes in a 2 bedroom?
YWNBS
and I wish I could help, spent my first year at a CC with absolutely no student life, things may be different this year

I commuted the first to years to school and decided to make that Dorm move this year.

I'm geeked, definitely gonna keep my eye on this thread (If it pops off)

Originally Posted by omgitswes

4 dudes in a 2 bedroom?
YWNBS
and I wish I could help, spent my first year at a CC with absolutely no student life, things may be different this year
you think?? its the same as dorms, but in a WAY bigger room. plus i have the master bedroom. there is plenty of space. plus the apartment is rightacross the street from campus and was just re modeled. the apartment complex is filled with students also.

guys just remember what you are paying for most important is to keep your grades up

okay good deal.
if you're decent at sports i'd suggest intramural
yeah, im for sure signing up for intramurals. I move in to the apartment on monday, what do you guys think are the essentials i bring?? We alreadyplanned on getting the BP table set up as soon as possible.

I wonder how many people actually meet their spouse in college.
I'm gonna go on the hunt for a wife when my junior year starts lol

i think the percentage is pretty high....

so any ideas as too what are the essentials when it comes to college life??

For those that have had classes in the afternoon towards night what was your experience like?? I have classes that start at 4 end at 6 and a class that goes 7to 9. I tend to be a night owl though, and usually dont sleep till 2 or 3 and wake up around 10-11.

To those taumbout YNS if you have 4 dudes in 2 bedrooms yall obviously have never had that living situation. I'm living in an apartment style suite thisyear and I'm sure that it's gonna be it's gonna be an enjoyable experience. At least you got 2 bath fam, we only got one.

Originally Posted by Balla Jigga

For those that have had classes in the afternoon towards night what was your experience like?? I have classes that start at 4 end at 6 and a class that goes 7 to 9. I tend to be a night owl though, and usually dont sleep till 2 or 3 and wake up around 10-11.

Homie do NOT get classes at night! I had a 7-9:30 pm class one night a week and it was boring. You'll miss some stuff happening on campus by having classat night. Try to get your classes between 10-3, because you won't be up too early or have class too late. Another big don't is, don't take all ofyour classes on one day, balance them out equally everyday. I made that mistake last semester by having 6 classes on M & W, and 5 on Friday.

For those that have had classes in the afternoon towards night what was your experience like?? I have classes that start at 4 end at 6 and a class that goes 7 to 9. I tend to be a night owl though, and usually dont sleep till 2 or 3 and wake up around 10-11.
I had two night classes my freshman year...from 7:10 to 9:50...not by choice

They werent too bad though...I got out early a lot and I did good in both of them...I prefer early mornnig classes though...but thats just me

Originally Posted by romedadude

To those taumbout YNS if you have 4 dudes in 2 bedrooms yall obviously have never had that living situation. I'm living in an apartment style suite this year and I'm sure that it's gonna be it's gonna be an enjoyable experience. At least you got 2 bath fam, we only got one.
obviously you are correct good sir...it can't be much fun sharing a bedroom with someone you don't really know for real though. or sharinga bedroom at all

laugh.gif
Yall dudes act like anybody who shares a room is automatically not smashing. Please. Neckties/socks on the doornob FTW.

To those taumbout YNS if you have 4 dudes in 2 bedrooms yall obviously have never had that living situation. I'm living in an apartment style suite this year and I'm sure that it's gonna be it's gonna be an enjoyable experience. At least you got 2 bath fam, we only got one.
obviously you are correct good sir...it can't be much fun sharing a bedroom with someone you don't really know for real though. or sharing a bedroom at all
Preferably I'd have my own room, but I couldn't get it. Luckily, I got put in a room with people I know so it should be straight.

Homie do NOT get classes at night! I had a 7-9:30 pm class one night a week and it was boring. You'll miss some stuff happening on campus by having class at night. Try to get your classes between 10-3, because you won't be up too early or have class too late. Another big don't is, don't take all of your classes on one day, balance them out equally everyday. I made that mistake last semester by having 6 classes on M & W, and 5 on Friday.
Sounds like you had a bad experience. I had one class at night, Human Sexuality and it was the best classes I had ever taken at Syracuse. Theprofessor liked the content and students loved the class as well (over 400 for one session). Its the most popular class at the school. I am also taking a nightclass again this semester and it will be boring. Its a Geology course but I need it to graduate. Plus I'd rather take one long class one day per weekrather than have it divided into sections and possibly messing up my schedule altogether. No Friday classes in the fall because I took a class at night.

Originally Posted by JND1

laugh.gif
Yall dudes act like anybody who shares a room is automatically not smashing. Please. Neckties/socks on the doornob FTW.

True unless you got 2 a triple then its a brick.

okay good deal.
if you're decent at sports i'd suggest intramural
yeah, im for sure signing up for intramurals. I move in to the apartment on monday, what do you guys think are the essentials i bring?? We already planned on getting the BP table set up as soon as possible.
failing out after 1st semester FTL
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom