COLORADO NTERS...

i just moved to aurora 2 weeks ago so i guess ill swing by when it starts to maybe meet some people

Well, I've been to a few sneaker events and have to admit, this was the weakest one I have attended. No hate because I appreciate what Family Affair wasdoing, but damn...I was totally confused on the whole sneaker contest part. I wanted to see nice sneakers, not lack-luster local talent. Personally, I liked mykicks better than any I saw. I saw a dude with the "day of the dead" dunk sb hop of his crotch rocket like "damn!"...I would never dothat...that would destroy those shoes. Was there even a contest? And where at? Maybe I should have stayed the whole time. Anyways, JaePeel it was nice meetingyou, you seemed like a cool cat.

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

Well, I've been to a few sneaker events and have to admit, this was the weakest one I have attended. No hate because I appreciate what Family Affair was doing, but damn...I was totally confused on the whole sneaker contest part. I wanted to see nice sneakers, not lack-luster local talent. Personally, I liked my kicks better than any I saw. I saw a dude with the "day of the dead" dunk sb hop of his crotch rocket like "damn!"...I would never do that...that would destroy those shoes. Was there even a contest? And where at? Maybe I should have stayed the whole time. Anyways, JaePeel it was nice meeting you, you seemed like a cool cat.

Korean Dave u made a great point. The winners of the sneaker contest were well... not right. There were some 94 Jays that should of won but didnt. I had a goodtime but...I know i will never wear my yezzys again every beast in denver had those on including myself. I was saddden and disappointed, it was all about thebeast shoe. but i saw my boy ddw063 and his fam, as well as my boy eddie (bluprynt); it was a good time. But too much beasting!!!! Jus wanna get rid of myyeezys now hahahaha.

^ Yea you're right. I seen like four pairs of them things. I had on the columbia XI ...I was the only one with them so you might have seen me. I hopeyou're not the chubby white kid that had them thangs on with the scretched out t-shirt
grin.gif
Dude had NO finess with them sneakers...it looked awful
laugh.gif
Anyways, I would have stayed but I was with my brother and had to take him toanother affair. What shoes won in the contest?

^ Yea you're right. I seen like four pairs of them things. I had on the columbia XI ...I was the only one with them so you might have seen me. I hope you're not the chubby white kid that had them thangs on with the scretched out t-shirt
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Anyways, I would have stayed but I was with my brother and had to take him to another affair. What shoes won in the contest?

Damn u r the dude i was telling my girl about who had more heat then anyone else there. Nah i was the dude with the strip stussy tan shirt on, with the tanyeezys. The white boy was kid that made me wanna give em up. But to all the colorado NT'ers my dude korean dave got heat. I witnessed it. hahahaha
smile.gif

^ Yea you're right. I seen like four pairs of them things. I had on the columbia XI ...I was the only one with them so you might have seen me. I hope you're not the chubby white kid that had them thangs on with the scretched out t-shirt
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Anyways, I would have stayed but I was with my brother and had to take him to another affair. What shoes won in the contest?

LMAO when i saw that fat nerdy lookin kid wit the yeezys i was like what... the... f*ck.... i didnt even know how to react. and i saw you jhobson, i didnt getintroduced to you but i was with anthony in the tent, i had on the white jordan v neck and the taxi 12s. korean dave it was good to meet you too, and i agreewith you on the lack of heat. i'm from chicago so this was a bit of a bummer but also the highlight my time in denver considering i just moved out hereabout 2 weeks ago. its good to at least see that there are some kind of sneaker events going down, something is always better than nothing

I thought the event was good. I was able to meet many more heads than I thought there were in Denver. Unfortunately I didn't stay to see the competition,but had a feeling it was going to be awkward. Also, I'm glad I didn't enter because I'm sure the general shoe aficionado has no clue about thestuff I would have entered. I have no doubt that many of you feel the same way, that some of the shoes you could have entered would have been appreciated.

Either way, I had a good time hanging out with the fam from the shop, the people from this board, and random heads. Looking forward to future events that theseguys and the 400 puts on.

EDIT: Korean Dave, I can guarantee you that a few of the people that were there have some nice stuff. To me it isn't necessary to show off in front ofother men with expensive shoes. No hate I'm just saying. Again no hate...Columbia's are nice, but not THAT nice.

I can say i genuinely had fun and i thought that Family Affair did an amazing job with the event, it was good to meet most of you people, although i didnt geta chance to really talk to many of you i did get to meet sekim2detcidda and Jhobson5 and both of you seemed like cool dudes i hope to see many of you of atfuture events, i was the dude in the black bape tee and union 180's btw.

jhobson5 wrote:

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Damn u r the dude i was telling my girl about who had more heat then anyone else there. Nah i was the dude with the strip stussy tan shirt on, with the tan yeezys. The white boy was kid that made me wanna give em up. But to all the colorado NT'ers my dude korean dave got heat. I witnessed it. hahahaha
smile.gif

laugh.gif
Yea I seen you. I think I walked in by you and your girl a few times. Iliked that shirt/shoe combo by-the-way. It looked like an outfit I would have pulled together. Yea, it was only the third time them XI's have been pulledout the closet. My little brother actualy was about to un-DS some icey, and I mean icey black/infrared VI's but decided to wear his rare-air IV'sinstead. I looked at him with a
indifferent.gif
and was like, "why the hellwould you wear those now with the possibility of rain when you haven't even tried them on in 9+ years?" He would have shut the function down! But,next time I'll introduce myself and maybe hit up one of the local get togethers.

sekim2detcidda i hate to say this homie, but dude had some fresh columbia's with the blue tent, i dont care who u r or what u got, that's fresh. I dontcare how u down play it. Dude had heat on. So i think instead of saying columbia's arent that nice, u say columbia's were nice homie. No hate, justsayin u give credit where credit is due u know.

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

EDIT: Korean Dave, I can guarantee you that a few of the people that were there have some nice stuff. To me it isn't necessary to show off in front of other men with expensive shoes. No hate I'm just saying. Again no hate...Columbia's are nice, but not THAT nice.

laugh.gif
I'm not even a big fan of XI's. I happen to wear those becauseit felt good to wear them today and not to show off to other men
laugh.gif
Thosearen't even in my top ten favorite sneakers that I own. But the point I was getting at is that I didn't see a contest. Thats what I wanted to see.Granted it was unnecessary to say I liked my sneakers better than anyone elses, but I was a little disapointed in the contest aspect of the event. I reallywanted to see some nice stuff. I guess you can call me a nerd when it comes to sneakers. I always want to see somethig hot.

I misspoke...Columbias are a nice shoe, but not something I would say is out of the ordinary. IMO it's a regular shoe.

I guess I was just confused as to why:
1. anyone is hating on the event when it was something nice for Denver
2. someone who thinks Infared VI's would have totally shut down the event

...enjoy a Saturday afternoon with people with similar interest instead of trying to compare who had what on their feet.

^
eyes.gif
OK...My man, you got me all wrong. I'm far from a hater but I justtell it how it is. I didn't see a sneaker contest. And as far as shutting the event down, you took that too literal. Back home, we use a phrase like thatto evoke emotion rather than to take literal. It was an unnecessary rant about putting more diversity in the vast sea of shoes that one would run into in anevent like that. That's all. I want to have a good time also, which I didn't say I didn't have, but I was just expecting something different.I'm glad you had a good time though...and like I said previously, I appreciate what Family Affair did and believe they have a nice establishment.

Edit: I understand and know that people definitly have heat and I wasn't trying to say my shoes are extraordinary, but I go to a sneaker event to seesneakers...

^
eyes.gif
OK...My man, you got me all wrong. I'm far from a hater but I just tell it how it is. I didn't see a sneaker contest. And as far as shutting the event down, you took that too literal. Back home, we use a phrase like that to evoke emotion rather than to take literal. It was an unnecessary rant about putting more diversity in the vast sea of shoes that one would run into in an event like that. That's all. I want to have a good time also, which I didn't say I didn't have, but I was just expecting something different. I'm glad you had a good time though...and like I said previously, I appreciate what Family Affair did and believe they have a nice establishment.

Edit: I understand and know that people definitly have heat and I wasn't trying to say my shoes are extraordinary, but I go to a sneaker event to see sneakers...

That is shutting it down in 10 out of 10 threads. So korean dave great response! I give you probs for that one. Lets put it like this, we all had fun, we allsaw some dope sneakers we wouldnt mind adding to our respective collections. So it was fun, and i appreciate the event and the organizers. Korean dave lovedthe columbia's, and sekim loved the huf joints.

Originally Posted by JaePeel

grin.gif
laugh.gif

LMAO when i saw that fat nerdy lookin kid wit the yeezys i was like what... the... f*ck.... i didnt even know how to react. and i saw you jhobson, i didnt get introduced to you but i was with anthony in the tent, i had on the white jordan v neck and the taxi 12s. korean dave it was good to meet you too, and i agree with you on the lack of heat. i'm from chicago so this was a bit of a bummer but also the highlight my time in denver considering i just moved out here about 2 weeks ago. its good to at least see that there are some kind of sneaker events going down, something is always better than nothing

laugh.gif
And you're right, something is better than nothing.

I will say it's almost impossible to sense tone through the Internet. So, maybe I did take what you said the wrong way.

Like you I am not a native to CO, and have been to events like a Sneaker Pimps that is a far better "sneaker event". However, since we are all herenow it shouldn't be about how this compares to other city's events. Like I don't work there, so I could care less what people think about the storeor event. As a group we should just be thankful that we have places willing to put these things together. That's the point I was trying to make.

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

I will say it's almost impossible to sense tone through the Internet. So, maybe I did take what you said the wrong way.

Like you I am not a native to CO, and have been to events like a Sneaker Pimps that is a far better "sneaker event". However, since we are all here now it shouldn't be about how this compares to other city's events. Like I don't work there, so I could care less what people think about the store or event. As a group we should just be thankful that we have places willing to put these things together. That's the point I was trying to make.

You're right...about tone on the internet and about having local events. No hard feelings. And I actualy feel the same way as you when it comes tocomparing sneakers with other "men" who you don't know and never will see again. But sometimes, as a sneakerhead, it is hard to not notice theshoes on other's feet. Some people take it waaaay too far though.

i left early so i didnt get to see everybody that came through and what they were rocking, but like i said before its nice to be in a city that has places thatput these events on. and like sekim said, theres no point in comparing CO to the other places we've lived cuz i mean come on, what if we lived in WYO??people would rather show off their horse shoes than their sneakers up there so i do appreciate fam affairs for putting this event on

...getting away from todays event tho, what spots get the qs releases around here? like who will be getting the upcoming space jams

I had a nice time myself fellas, it was good to see a Denver shop put on a show. The competition was wack IMO but the event was good for round one. We all knowwe have something on ice that was better than what was on stage. I personally think the chick in the crowd with the Uenos had the most heat today. I could bebiased because I love AF1's and that is grail status for me. I enjoyed talking to everyone today to me that is part of the fun with events like that. Youget to talk to people with the same interests as you, Like I said at the meet up I have been at this since 91 and any event is better than none. We all buywhat we like to please ourselves not other people. So what's heat to me may not be to the next man. Remember todays GR is tomorrows sneaker you wish youwouldn't have slept on. By the way I was the guy in Tour Yellow IV's and the yellow shirt.

i left early so i didnt get to see everybody that came through and what they were rocking, but like i said before its nice to be in a city that has places that put these events on. and like sekim said, theres no point in comparing CO to the other places we've lived cuz i mean come on, what if we lived in WYO?? people would rather show off their horse shoes than their sneakers up there so i do appreciate fam affairs for putting this event on

...getting away from todays event tho, what spots get the qs releases around here? like who will be getting the upcoming space jams

My man told me today he heard that only Niketown would be getting them locally. If that's true it is going to suck.

i left early so i didnt get to see everybody that came through and what they were rocking, but like i said before its nice to be in a city that has places that put these events on. and like sekim said, theres no point in comparing CO to the other places we've lived cuz i mean come on, what if we lived in WYO?? people would rather show off their horse shoes than their sneakers up there so i do appreciate fam affairs for putting this event on

horseshoe.jpg
My grail horse shoe
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ddw063

My man told me today he heard that only Niketown would be getting them locally. If that's true it is going to suck.

^^^DANG!!! If true, this is bad news
mad.gif

Yeah, the event was cool for "Colorado". I'll take anything at this point. I got there late and only stayed for about 30 mins but I didn'tsee any competition going on as well! There was a

lot of heat in the crowd though. Stand Outs: Columbia XI's (VNDS), OG Atlantic Blue Penny II's, Blue Lobs, Tour IV's, Laser IV's,........Chicwith the Black Spandex
happy.gif
That's just to

name a few.

Maybe we should schedule another meet since other cats couldn't make it last time and plus we have some new additions???

F.Y.I. I was the cat with the Black/Red/ White Trainer 1's (BRoy's)

JHob, get at me. We need to actually go out after an event!!! My bad for always having to head back early.
ohwell.gif

damn if niketown is the only place getting them (which i hope is not true) then i smell a camp out... and its gonna b cold! well black friday actually helpedlast time with the 23 joints that dropped because some people would rather stand in line at best buy for a deal on a big screen rather than picking up somekicks

I dunno if the niketown rumor will be tru. The finishline in the aurora mall is one of the bigger ones in the US, so if any major retail chain gets those SpaceJams aurora FL will. I kinda remember back when the laser Vs released. How it was suppose to be limited, but a lot of spots ended up getting these. I thinkpersonally these will be widely available JB is trying to start the hype train u know. So I wouldnt worry. And me personally i lived in CO my whole except 8months last year. And i must say, this was by far one of the best events every put on here. Lots of good people. The contest we all know wasnt right, but he iam glad for the guy that won. And as for my best of the evening: Atlantic Penny IIs, Columbia XIs, Uenos AF1s, I loved the B Roy trainers eddie, and ddw063loved the tours(i need to wear mine more often).

Back
Top Bottom