COMING 2 AMERICA PART 2 IN THE WORKS

I was waiting for the part where he finds out that wasn't his biological son but I guess not.

Teanna Taylor was looking fine in this though to the point I'm about to watch that trash movie with T.I. on Netflix with her acting ratchet in it.
They unnecessarily had that little hint like it might not be for no reason.

I was waiting for the part where he finds out that wasn't his biological son but I guess not.

Teanna Taylor was looking fine in this though to the point I'm about to watch that trash movie with T.I. on Netflix with her acting ratchet in it.

I had the same thoughts. Probably would've been a bit better story wise if it turned out like that. Then would've made better sense for Akeem to have his daughter be the queen.

Excellent movie, can't wait for part 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Wesley Snipes is one of the most versaitalle actors of our lifetime.

From Nino to causing Demolition to Blade and now Coming to America.

Bravo sir, bravo.

I disagree that this movie is "trash."

You are all obviously looking in the wrong bin.

Middle was slow. As long as you had no expectations, the movie was fine. First third of the movie or so was amusing.

I watched it this morning. It felt like a reunion where everyone looked like they had a good time during filming.

It was a sequel that didn't need to be made. (Which is even joked about in the film :lol:)

Yeah I bet they did have fun filming it and behind the scenes

I have no idea what most of yall were expecting with this movie. :lol:

Captured the nastolgia perfectly, and it didn't take it self too seriously.

A lot of yall probably would have dogged the original if it came out in this present day hyper critic era.

The things it took very seriously (the wardrobe/costumes and choreography) were great and appreciated.

Very enjoyable movie.

I loved it!! Eddie and Wesley have been gold together!!! First Dolemite now this. For a sequel 30 years later after the original it was on point!!!

How about if it was just funny, you know...the way comedies are supposed to be?

You didn't think it was funny at all. Cool.

It wasn't the funniest movie released in the past year, but it didn't try to be and it was obviously very aware of that, plus there were other aspects that made highly enjoyable for me.

The bloopers should have been longer :lol:

Movie was cool but some of the choices were odd (son rapping out of nowhere).

Glad to see so many people from the OG cast in this movie. Haven't seen Garcelle Beauvis (Fancy from The Jamie Foxx Show) in a long time.

This **** was terrible. Did not need to be done. Ridiculously corny and cringe. Got damn. It was even more bad than I expected it to be :lol:. And my expectations were super low.

This is Jack and Jill - Adam Sandler level bad.

81624C37-2295-4806-BB57-73269702CEEF.jpeg

Couldn’t wait for this... then once I saw the PG-13 rating my expectations dropped. You just can’t touch comedy classics. So glad they decided to not do a sequel to Old School.

Takeaways:
- Wesley Snipes killed it.
- Nomzamo Mbatha and Teyana Taylor, damn.
- Shari Headley still gorgeous.
- Everyone from Queens getting excited in anticipation of Randy Watson coming on stage was my favorite part.
- Randy Watson came out sounding like Rasputia from Norbit, biggest letdown.
- Eddie Murphy came off as Eddie Murphy and not Akeem.
- Needed to be Rated-R.
- Semmi accepting a punching bag/clown roll in the court was the opposite of what he was in the original, dude had no confidence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom